Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Trencher for TRX rims

These were announced yesterday http://prolineracing.com/tires/trenc...n-truck-tires/ They look awesome IMO.
    Just got them ordered directly from Pro-line. I talked to a guy who had ran them and he said he was impressed.

I'm glad I didn't cut up my Mashers yet.
    _
    _
    _ 3 lines are all that's allowed in a sig.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    Nice! I like um it's about time!
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

Mildly surprising, I suppose. Then again given the sales and product leadership of big-T, I guess it should have been expected. Those look great. I was hoping for a lo-pro M2K, but I think - failing that - those will do rather nicely on Stampedes and MT-conversion Slashes.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    Those look nice. Not having to buy a set off rims is a huge plus.

RC Qualifier
    Darn! I just ordered more tires a couple days ago! I would have waited for these.
    Just my luck!
    When Boy When, Are You Gonna Get Your Act Together

Quote Originally Posted by beetroot72 View Post
    Darn! I just ordered more tires a couple days ago! I would have waited for these.
    Just my luck!
    I would not worry too much, tires are something you will always be buying more of.

I hope they offer more of their tires made to fit the Traxxas rims.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Its so weird theyre making a 2.8 tire that fits the traxxas rim but that doesnt fit their own rim... Good thing for me, I like the traxxas rim better... im sure its no surprise to anyone... ill be buying a set asap.

I was hoping for a lo-pro M2K
    That's really what I was expecting, also. I love them on my Pede, and my E-revo, a slightly wider 30series would be fine by me.
    Its so weird theyre making a 2.8 tire that fits the traxxas rim but that doesnt fit their own rim.
    I thought so also. I figured at least it would be available for both. It's kinda like Pro-line is choosing a side.
    _
    _

Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    Its so weird theyre making a 2.8 tire that fits the traxxas rim but that doesnt fit their own rim...
    True, but I think it may be even stranger that they only offer ONE style of their own 30-series wheel - the Torque. I believe the Wabash wheel was formerly available, but has been discontinued for a while. I'm with everybody else, it seems - I want more choices.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 02-17-2011 at 03:55 PM.

Unless I'm mistaken the 320 wheels will work, like for the 10T, but I'm not sure exactly which ones.

I saw these on a Slash 4x4 http://www.redcatracing.com/08045 Don't know much else about them. But they come mounted, for less then most tires. There's also other wheels available http://www.redcatracing.com/RC-Cars?search=2.8+wheels

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...6&I=LXXKS5&P=K I was wondering about these tires, 5in, so good height, but I've never seen them before. They look like they would hook up.
    _
    _

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    So redcat also makes a 2.8... ill have to add that to my list when people ask about that size wheel/tire. Those Imex pins looks sweet... I wonder how the size would compare to a set of their ribbed front tires (diameter), if maybe the rears would be too tall to look even.

Ive got the trenchers and VXL rims in my tower hobbies cart right now. As soon as they come off backorder im clicking "submit"

IDK - I think they will look better on the Twin-Spoke wheels, p/n 3774 for electric rears, p/n 5572 for electric fronts/nitro rears.

RC Enthusiast
    I do like those twin spokes! think they will work with the trenchers? might have to pull the trigger on that scenario!

RC Qualifier
    Slick.. these will go nicely with my new Jconcepts Raptor body.

Quote Originally Posted by JTurbo View Post
    I do like those twin spokes! think they will work with the trenchers? might have to pull the trigger on that scenario!
    Twin Spokes and All Stars have the same tire mounting bead style. The only difference is the "face" style and (sometimes) color. The 2.8"/30-series Trenchers will fit both styles of wheels.

The twin spokes are what I have, that I'm using with the Trencher's. But I just noticed mine are black plastic, not white like the pics. I think they'll be sweet for the look I'm going for on the Pede.

I wonder how the size would compare to a set of their ribbed front tires (diameter), if maybe the rears would be too tall to look even.
    http://www.imexrc.com/servlet/the-24/imex-tires/Detail These? I think these are mislabled, as they are a Maxx tire they should be 3.2 ID.
    _
    _

RC Champion
    I just recieved my new Dirt Hawgs. Had I known this, I would have ordered the new Trenchers instead. But I need to order more tires anyway. I bet these new Trenchers would be sweet on my slash 4x4 too.
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC poster
    asheck, Where did you get black Twin Spokes? Every pic I have seen shows them in white.

These are exactly what I ordered. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=L5KMJ102&P=K But they are black plastic

_
    _

RC Champion
    interesting they still look nice
    Man i need more than 50 characters.

RC Qualifier
    got some of these trenchers on the way... the talons are just too slippery on the dirt.. will post results when I have them.

RC poster
    so why are there 2 different sizes (front and rear) in the twin spoke wheels, 3374 & 5572. It seems like the stock wheels that come with the stampede are all the same size.

RC Champion
    yup i have them on the way with the split spoke jato wheels im pretty stoked.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by snowboarder_15 View Post
    so why are there 2 different sizes (front and rear) in the twin spoke wheels, 3374 & 5572. It seems like the stock wheels that come with the stampede are all the same size.

because they are traxxas jato wheels, and nitro's use bearings in the front wheels instead of hex's, so nitro rears are considered electric fronts because they share the same offset, and the stampede 4x4 uses electric fronts for all 4 tires.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Apexracing View Post
    yup i have them on the way with the split spoke jato wheels im pretty stoked.
    I was going to get hose rims also but I wasn't sure if I they would be black or white and I want black for sure so shot for safety with the black all stars.. and I like the all stars a lot also. I'll be buying more of these I am sure so might try the twin spokes next.

RC Racer
    i think they screwed up when they glued the stock tires to my stock stampede 4x4 rims. one of the tires looks wobbly when it rolls.
    whats the best way to remove the stock tires so that i can glue some trenchers on?

thanks
    -z

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by slap View Post
    i think they screwed up when they glued the stock tires to my stock stampede 4x4 rims. one of the tires looks wobbly when it rolls.
    whats the best way to remove the stock tires so that i can glue some trenchers on?

thanks
    -z
    Put "remove RC tires from rims" in a search on Youtube and youll see a bunch of great videos for it. Squirrel does some and the fella from URC has some great ones as well. I have watched a few myself. Very educational for the first timer.

I found this one. I never knew you could bake them off.. I thought it was just Boil or acetone.. Baking sounds easy.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nyunQ_Omh4
    Last edited by madkawi650; 02-23-2011 at 06:50 AM. Reason: forgot link
    Always in Trouble for trying to help out.

Mine are scheduled for delivery Friday. Rain and snow scheduled for Thursday. But we'll get to see them mounted, if not ran.
    _
    _

RC poster
    because they are traxxas jato wheels, and nitro's use bearings in the front wheels instead of hex's, so nitro rears are considered electric fronts because they share the same offset, and the stampede 4x4 uses electric fronts for all 4 tires.
    Thanks for the reply apex. So are you saying traxxas wheels part #5574(nitro rears) will work as all four wheels for the stampede?

RC Champion
    tower says those are nitro fronts.

Quote Originally Posted by snowboarder_15 View Post
    Thanks for the reply apex. So are you saying traxxas wheels part #5574(nitro rears) will work as all four wheels for the stampede?
    Twin-Spoke wheels, p/n 5572 for electric fronts/nitro rears/4x4s
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 02-23-2011 at 12:31 PM.

RC poster
    tower says those are nitro fronts.
    I'm sorry what I meant to type was 5572, will the 5572 wheels work for front and rear on the stampede 4x4?

RC Qualifier
    from the looks of post #31 I would guess they will work.

RC Champion
    You'd be correct.

RC Champion
    Ohh, i can finally log in...

Can't wait to see these tires mounted up on a set of those split spokes. I've always like them, but not sure which i'd like better with the trenchers. When ya'll get a set mounted up make sure and post it.

Mike
    RC Addict #341777

RC Qualifier
    mine should be here today... but I only have all stars to put them on.. boo hoo.

RC Champion
    Mine are on the way from proline wheels should be here tomorrow.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by madkawi650 View Post
    "cause I'm a.. Buuurrrpp.... perfectionist" I'm dying over here!
    That guy Kills It!
    When Boy When, Are You Gonna Get Your Act Together

RC Qualifier

they are seriously gummy... and getting the bead into the little traxxas wheel groove is a bit of a pain.. I have some thin ca tire glue I will glue these tomorrow when I have a bit more enthusiasm about it all. lol. so wiped out atm.. *sigh*

but they do look pretty nice.

BTW - they will increase the right height just a smidge over the talons.. but that doesn't bother me at all.. I am thinking people two are running 3s and such might need to tape them in the inside to stop serious ballooning.. they are pretty soft.
    Last edited by peelin_out; 02-25-2011 at 12:30 AM.

RC Champion
    Those look really nice!

are they as wide as the talons?
    RC Addict #341777

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast