Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Qualifier
    wider by a little bit

and taller

mostly due to the larger tread but they seem all around bigger... granted on the truck where will be a weight load on them but you get the idea.

RC Champion
    Yep, gonna have to get a set of those
    RC Addict #341777

RC Qualifier
    Those look Nice!!! Yup, prob the next tire set to buy
    Wouldn't you like to know...

RC Qualifier
    these traxxas wheels have the thinnest bead slot ever... gah. going to have to be very careful while gluing these..

RC Qualifier
    do they balloon more than the talons?
    Stampede VXL
    Merv VXL

RC Qualifier
    no idea yet but I am thinking, they have a LOT more tread and the tire part is about the same thickness so I am guessing they will balloon more.. they are very soft!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by peelin_out View Post
    no idea yet but I am thinking, they have a LOT more tread and the tire part is about the same thickness so I am guessing they will balloon more.. they are very soft!
    haha o well i still want a set they look to cool to pass up
    Stampede VXL
    Merv VXL

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Yup, need a set... no doubt.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    Yup, need a set... no doubt.
    X2!..But in the meantime..
    I just ordered 2 different sets the day b4 I heard they came out. One of which was the badlands...Holy Traction batman! I just love them! I put the thicker sway bar springs on and jammed in the just melted backyard/street. These things are out of control!.. but in a good way! I've never experienced more control of an rc in my life! Even on 3s w 17/52 gearing these things brake/stop/turn on a dime. Only problem is if you run them on the street too much you'll be buying another set real quick! It's like I got a new truck! Can't wait to wake up tomorrow and jam all day!
    When Boy When, Are You Gonna Get Your Act Together

RC poster
    I've been having trouble with my account. Or got booted, and nobody told me Mine showed up at about 6, tonight. I had almost wrote them off. I just got through glueing the back sides. Should have them mounted on the truck tonight, so I'll get a pic. I don't think they are as flimsy as Peelin makes them sound, about like a Masher. Once mounted with the foam in there I think they will be fine. I'm not to impressed with the foam, it just doesn't fit good. Kinda like they took a 2.2 foam, and paired it with the 2.8 tire. Could just be the TRX rims , and they used a 30series. Don't know, but I hope they smooth out in time.

RC Qualifier
    I want a set too I like the look of wide tires
    If it ain't dirty get it dirty

RC poster

One of the beads was kinda messed up. It's like the aligning bead wasn't there, and the bead would not insert right, if I hadn't of glued the other side already, I'm not sure if I would have. I'll have to wait and run them to see how well I managed. All the others were butter, well my butter, but I've done a tire or 2 in my day.

Edit:

OH YEAH. Did I mention, they are awesome. They look like a MT tire , just porportionally right. The bigger lugs normally do a good job of wearing, yet they have nice corners for traction. They should have plenty of mass to help with the flips. The way it looks right now, they are gonna be THE tire, if such a tire is what you want.

There's just no way I'm gonna be able to get a good run in for a few days.
    Last edited by asheck2; 02-25-2011 at 10:41 PM.

RC Qualifier
    got mine all done finally and got my raptor lid done.. it came out decent but not perfect.. oh well. well at least I won't be afraid to bash with this lid on now.

BTW - these do balloon out pretty good at WOT and I am still on the stock pinion only running a 2s lipo.. on 3s they'll turn into pancakes!

and for the record, I didn't mean to imply they were flimsy, just that the rubber compound feels very soft but for sure a quality item.. I am very happy with them so far.. need to get them dirty now.
    Last edited by peelin_out; 02-26-2011 at 12:52 AM.

RC poster
    I think the body looks fine. Well except that it's to clean

Did you actually drive on the tires, or just hold throttle in the air? You'll generally get as much on 2s in the air, as you will 3s, running.

I throttled in the air, and found them to balloon more then a Talon, less then a Masher. I think they'll be fine up to around 55.

RC Qualifier
    yeah - just in the air... time to drive on them now.

RC poster
    Yeah, now I'm jealous. It's gonna be at least 5-6 days before I'll get to really run mine.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by asheck2 View Post
    Yeah, now I'm jealous. It's gonna be at least 5-6 days before I'll get to really run mine.
    Why, Are you Grounded?

Or is it just the weather?
    When Boy When, Are You Gonna Get Your Act Together

RC poster
    It's the weather. I don't do wet rc's.

RC Qualifier
    lol... reminds me of Ace Ventura.. "I don't do humans" I don't like to get mine wet either... but I am warming up to semi wet RCing with this pede... the only thing I am really worried about is my battery which I don't think is officially water resistant but I am not going all u-boat commander or anything.. just driving through little streams and wet patches on this fire trail I found.. honestly it's a better spot for a Summit really but oh well. I need to put a cam mount on my TX so I can shoot some video... that's the next project.

RC Qualifier
    Uh oh... sorry for double post but I test drove and can't use this raptor body with these tires without a lot of rubbing in the front when turning.. arg! well... looks like I'll be using the C-10 lid for these but that is kind of a bummer.

RC Enthusiast
    I can't wait to order my trenchers

RC Qualifier
    got two good packs through the truck with the trenchers on today and they were really good.... terrain was mostly dry and packed earth, dirt road type stuff but with fine gravel parts.. they did really well and I am very happy with them over the talons on similar terrain..

Got my first run in. Geared 13/54 hit 41mph, 2s, so they had some balloonage. My initial impression is that they remind me of my Mashers on my E-revo. A bigger heavier Talon, that get's traction , maybe. But I can sure feel the added weight in the driving. Which is sometimes good, sometimes bad. I'll be dropping a 3s in next.
    _
    _
    _ 3 lines are all that's allowed in a sig.

RC Qualifier
    they do feel a bit heavier but on a dirt road the truck was much less prone to spinning out on hard launches and easier to get back under control when getting squirrelly at speed.. I do like them but won't be using them 100% of the time for sure..

Here's a little 3s vid, for those interested. Showing some different terrains. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hlVG9EeqbY Hit 54mph.
    _
    _

RC Qualifier
    nice recovery on that first flip over. I'm gonna stick to 2s while running these guys for now... putting in a 13T pinion though. I think that'll be a nice balance of power/speed/control.

RC Competitor
    Those look so sweet peelin. I don't think I will be able to wait for my talons to wear out.
    ==
    Slash4X4 Jato Ten-TE T-Maxx P4de MERV SC10

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by asheck View Post
    Here's a little 3s vid, for those interested. Showing some different terrains. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hlVG9EeqbY Hit 54mph.
    wow, nice vid. I have a Castle SCT system on order for my slash 4x4 but after seeing the double backflip off the rock...hmmm.....got me thinking.
    ==
    Slash4X4 Jato Ten-TE T-Maxx P4de MERV SC10

RC Champion
    update after 5 or so minutes of carpeted basement running i noticed a bit of body rub on the fender flares of the h2 body so i removed them, and quite successfully too i might add.

but i love these tires and the wheels too. the grip is phenomenal, and the look is just right.
    Man i need more than 50 characters.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    They look great on the twin spokes.

Yes, but the twin spokes have a very big weakness. This happened during a high speed roll over, I've never had any other wheel break like this. Now that I can see the hub area, it is a definite weak area.

I won't be going with them again.
    _
    _

RC Champion
    ive done that to the all stars on 2s, yea ive had problems with traxxas wheels before but i wont be running much over 30mph on 2s so i feel safer but thanks for the pics.

RC Qualifier
    Ouch... hope the all stars hold up better. :P

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by asheck2 View Post
    One of the beads was kinda messed up. It's like the aligning bead wasn't there, and the bead would not insert right, if I hadn't of glued the other side already, I'm not sure if I would have. I'll have to wait and run them to see how well I managed. All the others were butter, well my butter, but I've done a tire or 2 in my day.
    make sure you snip off the two bits of flash on the beads of each tire. also, look and feel inside the tires. i found two small pieces of rubber inside my tires. they were not attached to the tire and pulled right out.

in which direction did you guys mount the tread? if you look at the inside or outside tread of the tire, every other one has two knobs. did you mount them so the small knob is below the big knob or vice versa? i mounted mine so the left side is small then big and the right side is big then small. is that going to affect the handling?

RC Qualifier
    I was looking for a definite direction to mount these and it didn't look like there was one to me.. the pattern is very similar and I am just bashing so anyways.. So what did the bits that you pulled out of yours look like? like bits of the bead trimmed at the factory? rubber band like?

RC Racer
    check out the outer set of knobs. every other knob has two "arms" one is smaller than the other. also the knobs running down the middle of the tire are both mounted \ O \ with O being the body of the truck and looking from behind. shouldnt they be like this: / O \ or like this: \ O / ?
    i find it hard to explain, i hope this makes sense.

it was very soft rubber kind of shaped like a sperm about 2 inches long with the head the size of a pencil eraser. two of the tires had one in it.

RC Qualifier
    the tire sperms that didn't make it to the egg.. how sad. I see what you are pointing at with the pattern... I will check my tires again tonight but mine have been driving fine as is... I got my beats seated almost perfect when gluing but there was some wobble at low rpm.. but the compound is so soft that it goes true at about 20% throttle on up... wobble seems to be mostly gone now that I have about 5 or 6 packs through them, might have been the foam settling in? hrm..

RC Champion
    I mounted mine with the yellow dots on the sidewall to the inside.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12