Thread: Bearings...

RC Competitor

Bearings...

What are the most important bearings to replace and what are some good quality ones to buy?

RC Competitor
    Have a read of this thread mate

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...highlight=boca

Cheers

RC Competitor
    There was a lot of good info thanks...but I need to know which ones are the main ones to replace... so if I was going to order the crucial ones which would they be? I saw the whole set at Bocca but it's like a hundred dollars, even though that coupon may work haven't tried it yet, but if I don't need to buy whole set then I won't.

Slipper/center diff, 10x15x4 (though I've had a grand total of ONE of these go bad and it was my fault since I abused it) and the outer carrier bearings, 5x11x4 (never performed maintenance on these either.) I haven't managed to kill any of the inner carrier bearings, also 10x15x4, nor a diff bearing.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Competitor
    So that is(1)- 10x15x4 and( 2)- 5x11x4 only( 3) bearings? why are there kits out there with like 30 sumn bearings?

RC Qualifier
    well 2 bearings for each wheel so 8 there, 4 bearings for the front bulk head 2 for the slipper, 1 for center diff if your running it, 3 for rear bulk head, 4 on the bell cranks so 21 with sliper 20 with center diff , i might be off a lil
    Yes Castle Creations is in KANSAS

Quote Originally Posted by JasonG View Post
    So that is(1)- 10x15x4 and( 2)- 5x11x4 only( 3) bearings? why are there kits out there with like 30 sumn bearings?
    You didn't ask for a tally before - you asked for the most important to replace.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Competitor
    oh ok thanks now i see why, i'll just grab the whole kit.

RC Champion
    I'd say the most important one to replace is ALL OF THEM, no offence meant to traxxas but the bearings that come with the slash 4x4 are kinda junk!

If you had only one to replace, and the first that should be replaced, is the motor mount bearing. Personally, like many others on here, I upgraded to a King Headz motor mount and bearing but I will soon be swapping out the king Headz bearing for a sealed ceramic one

The Time I Enjoy Wasting Is Not Time Wasted
    Time I enjoy wasting is not time wasted