RC Enthusiast

Battery quick charge?

so what amp are you guys charging these batteries at?

Not sure If i should've done it, but when i first got the car today, I took the battery and hooked it up to my dynamite prophet plus and charged it at 2amp.

should first charge been a full slow 6 hour charge with stock charger?

RC Champion
    First charge does not have to be a slow 6 hour charge. I did the same thing as you. I have the Dynamite Prophet Sport II AC/DC Charger and I charge my stock batteries at 2 amps all the time. They're done in 35-40 minutes.

I usually charge mine at either 1 of 2 amps, depending on when I want to run it again.

At the moment, I have not once used the 6 hour stock charger at all.

RC Champion
    I'm using the parallel adapter to charge two Traxxas batteries at once and at 3amps!
    https://www.instagram.com/greenjeep1998/?hl=en

RC poster
    The stock KB charger takes about 60 minutes to charge the battery at 1 amp I think, not 6 hours. I think the standard Rally has got the slow / 6 hour charger.

RC Champion
    I want to say all of the cars that have batteries in the box and use Traxxas' own connector have the same charger, no matter what size battery it requires.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    This is true... they all use a slow 6 hour charger... the KB has the same as the rest of the traxxas 1/16 RTR's.

2 amps is really high for the stock pack though. The stock pack is 1200mah or 1600mah (I think its 1200)... so it should be charged at 1.2 or 1.6 amps... but if you have to choose between 1 or 2 amps (as many chargers dont allow you to adjust by 1/10 increments) choose 1 to be on the safe side and to save the battery. Charging at 2amps will seriously cut the life of the battery.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by bjoehandley View Post
    I'm using the parallel adapter to charge two Traxxas batteries at once and at 3amps!
    Has anyone else done this with no problems?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Nissanguy8 View Post
    Has anyone else done this with no problems?
    Well, I accidentally charged them at 5 amps that way today

They worked fine after wards and didn't explode either

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    This is true... they all use a slow 6 hour charger... the KB has the same as the rest of the traxxas 1/16 RTR's.

2 amps is really high for the stock pack though. The stock pack is 1200mah or 1600mah (I think its 1200)... so it should be charged at 1.2 or 1.6 amps... but if you have to choose between 1 or 2 amps (as many chargers dont allow you to adjust by 1/10 increments) choose 1 to be on the safe side and to save the battery. Charging at 2amps will seriously cut the life of the battery.
    In the UK, with my KB I have definately got a charger that takes about 1 hour to fully charge. My LHS also told me when I brought it that the KB came with the fast charger, and the rally VXL with a slow charger.