Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC poster

Anyone found cool bodies that fit

Has anyone found any bodies that fit the KB without any modifications? Post pics if you have any.

RC Qualifier
    There's a couple of threads on this in between the rally and revo sections. But basically unless you want an old school pick up truck or the mystery machine from scooby doo you are pretty limited as the 1/16 scale wheel base is pretty unique
    Rally SV2/4600 and fully loaded

RC Competitor
    It's actually not the wheelbase that is the problem, it's the track width. The Rally has a very similar wheelbase to Tamiya M chassis cars and the ABC line of rigs. The Rally is just extra wide

-melon

RC Champion
    HPI has at least one if not two Cup Racer bodies that should work nicely and I have seriously thought about Parma's Dune Buggy body for the Slash and Revo with a set of HPI's VTA wheels and drift tires
    https://www.instagram.com/greenjeep1998/?hl=en

RC poster
    Thanks bjoehandley. I am going to check out the Mini Cooper cup racer body.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by bjoehandley View Post
    HPI has at least one if not two Cup Racer bodies that should work nicely and I have seriously thought about Parma's Dune Buggy body for the Slash and Revo with a set of HPI's VTA wheels and drift tires
    Please provide specifics. I haven't seen a single HPI body that comes close in track width, but maybe I missed one.

-melon

RC Champion
    I took pics of the Cup Racer 911 body on mine at work, the back is about perfect, but you'll been to use 1mm offset wheels in the front. Follow this link for the pics;
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...0Racer%20body/

RC Competitor
    Wow, awesome. Was anything done to the Fiesta underneath the shell, or was it bone stock adjustments and all? The Lancia is another 210mm wheelbase body that I was hoping may fit!

Thanks again!
    melon

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the photos BJoe, so helpful to get a visual. That looks proper. I'd say HPI is gonna be getting some bonus business...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by angrymelon View Post
    Wow, awesome. Was anything done to the Fiesta underneath the shell, or was it bone stock adjustments and all? The Lancia is another 210mm wheelbase body that I was hoping may fit!

Thanks again!
    melon
    Thanks, all I've done to the car at the time I took those pics was de-stickering the body and switching over to the optional grill decals, switching over to my 2.4 Link radios, swapped over to 31/50 gears (went from 8.10:1 to 8.13:1), cranked the spring adjusters down a little bit for a touch more ride height and two stock packs in parallel. Right now the only other plans are 34/55 (8.15:1) gears, steel hollow balls, ball bearings for the rockers, and the Ken Block wing (which will probably get coated in Parma's carbon fiber decal).

Quote Originally Posted by prototyp View Post
    Thanks for the photos BJoe, so helpful to get a visual. That looks proper. I'd say HPI is gonna be getting some bonus business...
    Not a problem, I know I'm still thinking about that 911 at work, the Lancia (especially if Fiat actually ends up being good for Chrysler ) I'm thrilled to see that the Mini Cooper is back, I badly need a new Mini body for my brushless Tamiya M03 and the stock replacement i just too expensive

RC Competitor
    I snagged this from another forum:

Suzuki Swift Body

The wheelbase and width are close.

Wheelbase:208mm
    Length:333mm
    Width:163mm

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by bjoehandley View Post
    I took pics of the Cup Racer 911 body on mine at work, the back is about perfect, but you'll been to use 1mm offset wheels in the front. Follow this link for the pics;
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...0Racer%20body/
    That looks great Joe! So when are we going to see it on your rally?
    XO-1|SlashUE-MMM2200|Rally-SV2&MERV-MMP w/NEU1112

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by all aluminum View Post
    That looks great Joe! So when are we going to see it on your rally?
    +1 here, let's see it

RC Champion
    In all seriousness, I'm seriously thinking about the Parma 1/16 Dune Buggy Body with HPI's VTA wheels and Drift tires

Basically this

With These Wheels

And These Tires

RC Qualifier
    My vote is still for the 911.

Would you use the front skid plate and bumper from a revo or slash?

RC Champion
    Probably the Revo, with the RPM front bumper in black. I'd prefer Chrome, but they don't offer that.

Some of my reasoning for that is that Dad helped a friend build a factory turbocharged Corvair based Manx way back when and they used it for gymkhana/autocross work. Apparently that car was quick and would take a corner like one on a normal residential street at 60mph

RC Qualifier
    I have an extra set of RPM bumpers and revo skid plate. I tried out a proline bug body on my rally but wasn't too happy with it. Used it as a learning experience.

RC Champion
    I've seen the Baja body on a Slash with those wheels and normal VTA tires, thought it looked pretty neat.

RC Qualifier
    Considering the 911 body if I could get a flying lizard paint job.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/06/07_lizard_artcar_450.jpg

RC poster
    I ordered the new Boss 302 Mustang body from the new model Traxxas just came out with. should be a sweet alternate body to use

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundman0405 View Post
    I ordered the new Boss 302 Mustang body from the new model Traxxas just came out with. should be a sweet alternate body to use
    From where? How much? What color?

RC poster
    From Traxxas! it says out of stock and to call right now my guess is its on backorder since its bran new. Here is the link to the body on the Traxxas site.

http://www.buytraxxas.com/product_in...oducts_id=3739

It comes unpainted but u can see what it looks like painted on the main traxxas site. They got a thing for it right on the front page now. i was thinking painting it black or something dark

RC Qualifier
    I called traxxas and they said they won't have those for months like I would have guessed.

RC poster
    yea i figured they would go like hot cakes lol.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundman0405 View Post
    yea i figured they would go like hot cakes lol.
    I want to see a pic when you get this in the next few days. I have yet to see a clear fiesta body and that's been around for much longer than the mustang.

RC poster
    I wasn't able to order it i have a store nearby who is a Traxxas distributor. I did just get my KB fiesta and I'm assuming they will have the standard rally body available before they have the replacement KB bodies or Mustangs. I was thinking about getting one of those carbon fiber kits and trying to make a mold from the inside of my KB body. Even if it came out bad. it would be good for practice should be really durable. Here is the link to the site that has the carbon fiber kit, they say more should be out by the 25-28th this month. Better than waiting who knows how long till i can get a Rally body or something lol.

http://www.eastbaycomposites.com/col...abrication-kit
    Last edited by Soundman0405; 03-19-2011 at 02:41 AM.
    Rustler VXL
    Ken Block Fiesta
    Revo 3.3

RC Enthusiast
    7 months and counting Traxxas. I can't afford to buy RTR just to get a body. Don't say anything about the lack of bodies. Customer's upset about not being able to purchase bodies have no voice. They just delete your post without explanation. That's customer service.... delete away...

RC Enthusiast
    Hey maybe I have good news to you I am dealer for Integy and when I talked about our problems finding bodies that fits. I made a suggestion that they could make a chassi that is 47mm longer and an extended center drive shaft, and they would see if there was possible. Carbon and quite expensive but it may be worth it.
    Traxxas Rally KB, Traxxas Rustler, TT TS4n

RC Enthusiast
    That would be awesome. Not only would it cure the problem about bodies, it would also fix the ill handling of the Rally. I sure hope they do, then maybe I won't get rid of it. I love the aftermarket. Go Integy!!

RC Qualifier
    I tried the HPI cup racer 510, it won't fit.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by r32silviatech View Post
    7 months and counting Traxxas. I can't afford to buy RTR just to get a body. Don't say anything about the lack of bodies. Customer's upset about not being able to purchase bodies have no voice. They just delete your post without explanation. That's customer service.... delete away...
    +1. Everytime I post something negative it gets deleted. forums are supposed to be a open discussion but say something they dont like and its gone. I would be somewhat OK if they would just give an accurate timeline. even if they said june as least I would know rather than be stuck in the dark wondering.

someone has a knock off fiesta on ebay though that I am very tempted to try out.

RC Enthusiast
    A Hpi Cup Racer 911 body is coming my way

RC Qualifier
    Fwiw, I read through the HPI Cup specs and manual. Only the Lancia and 911 have the 'short' 210 wheelbase /and/ require the higher offset wheels, so they should be wide enough to cover the Traxxas mini, at least in the rear. Might need to get zero-offset wheels for the narrower fronts...

I had a 510 through college and would love to do an RC version, a little bummed it can't be on my Rally chassis... Looking forward to seeing the 911 trimmed up and mounted!
    The prototype project.

RC poster
    Would be cool to see the original body done like the Focus St in electric orange

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    How bout this?

RC poster
    Thats not bad. I dont mind the fiesta shell though so i'd get a blank one and spray it electric orange Pavmentsurfer what you running?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Thats a Jconcepts Ford Raptor body for a stampede with about a 1 inch strip cut out of the rear of the cab, then the 2 pieces joined back together. The body was originally trimmed for my stampede so the wheel wells arent perfect. But if I had trimmed it originally with the intention of mounting it on my rally I could have moved the wheel openings around and they would look more centred. Width wise the body is a perfect fit... it was just about 1 inch too long.

RC Enthusiast
    And here it is
    It's already dirty as you can see on the pictures. Just painted and glued it today. Only need to glue the ducktail still

The HPI Porsche 911 Cup Racer without the ducktail : ( mounted on the rally ofcourse )

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtinction View Post
    And here it is
    It's already dirty as you can see on the pictures. Just painted and glued it today. Only need to glue the ducktail still

The HPI Porsche 911 Cup Racer without the ducktail : ( mounted on the rally ofcourse )
    VERY nice!

RC Champion
    Looks good, all you need now is the wheels with the right offset up front!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast