RC poster

"Converting" too 4x4

I found someone selling this and i was think of transferring parts from my stampede thats been upgraded to VXL to this 4x4 body.

I wanted to know will i need anything extra and will i run into any problems.

Thanks for any help.

RC Qualifier
    King Headz motor mount, new proline trencher tire with stock wheel, traxxas aluminium slipper adaptor.
    Stampede 4x4 1415 1Y 2400kv, 4S 5200 30C

RC poster
    I found the motor mount and tire set, but i couldn't find the"traxxas aluminium slipper adapter". Could you or someone post a link or picture.

RC Champion
    It looks like this. It goes inside the bearing in the picture which holds and aligns your slipper and drive shaft.

Here is one of Many places you can purchase it. This is just for reference not I am not saying this is the best or worst place to buy it, just the first one that comes up when you do a google search.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXAAHD&P=7
    Always in Trouble for trying to help out.

RC poster
    How much better is the 4x4 to the 2x4? Is this worth purchasing?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Drink1515 View Post
    How much better is the 4x4 to the 2x4? Is this worth purchasing?
    Not better... just a different animal all together. Do some research and figure out what your bashing needs are. The 2x4 is an absolute blast!, as is the 4x4. 2x4 is lighter, faster and easier to work on. The 4x4 opens up a whole new world of terrain/traction options but requires a slightly higher level of skill. I started with a 2x4 and quickly moved up to the 4x4. If you're weighing towards the 2x4 be sure to get the vxl. And IMO it's not even worth bothering with Nimh batteries unless you already have several along with a peak charger. If you need to buy a charger and an extra battery the go right to lipos and sell, trade, or give away the batt that comes w/ the kit.
    When Boy When, Are You Gonna Get Your Act Together