RC Racer

What tires are these?

Anyone know what tires these are? Any recommendations for an offroad tire for 26mm w/ 3mm offset?

TIA

RC Competitor
    They look like they have good grip. I seen a guy using "Kyosho OEM Rally Tire SET" on the snow. I purchased a set on ebay. Not used them yet so not sure how good they are yet.

RC Champion
    HPI 2.2 rally tires. Too big for this really.

RC Qualifier
    I just got these,
    HPI 4470 Rally Tire M Compound
    should be arriving one day this week. they are the same as the ones u pictured but not as wide
    STRC Slash 4x4
    Hobby Hut Raceway, Audubon Pa.

RC Racer
    Yeah I'm mainly looking for something good for light snow bashing. Please post back your reviews of both those tires. I've done a lot of searching and haven't really seen anything conclusive on spiked or knobby tires. Granted it seems the KB is primarily a drift car, but it is a "rally" car after all...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Need|4|Pede View Post
    Yeah I'm mainly looking for something good for light snow bashing. Please post back your reviews of both those tires. I've done a lot of searching and haven't really seen anything conclusive on spiked or knobby tires. Granted it seems the KB is primarily a drift car, but it is a "rally" car after all...
    So fun... Rally-style-Rally (bunch of offroad pics thread).

Tires, longer shocks and some suspension geometry adjustments are the key to going from drifter to proper rally style. The cars are too little and never really going to clear any gnarly terrain, but they're a hoot on smooth-ish stuff. Hoping to get this pup up to the snow this winter.
    The prototype project.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah i also have slash shocks. I picked up those tires for snow bashing as well
    STRC Slash 4x4
    Hobby Hut Raceway, Audubon Pa.

RC Competitor
    I had my eye on some x pattern tires too. Can't wait to try out other types of wheels on different terrain.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by scott_sms View Post
    I had my eye on some x pattern tires too. Can't wait to try out other types of wheels on different terrain.
    Yeah the X patterns look killer but can't imagine them being very good on anything other than pavement or smooth surfaces. Definitely picking some up for tearing up the street and my basement!

RC Qualifier
    X pats don't do so well on dirt, they just can't dig in, but they're amazing on pavement (and in the wet, surprisingly). R2 has some gnarly "performance touring" tires that work well on scale-appropriate off-road terrain. Not quite as knobbied as Tamiya Rally Blocks, but close.
    The prototype project.

RC Qualifier
    those rims look like a 6mm offset
    waiting for Traxxas to make something new!

RC Competitor
    I got to test my Kyosho OEM rally tires, tons more grip and drives on the ice fine. In the thick snow they are useless tho, just wheel spins on the spot.

Last edited by scott_sms; 12-19-2011 at 03:02 PM.