RC Enthusiast

What bag do you use?

I have 2 4x4s and need to get them both to the track. Hauling bags are expensive and my LHS doesn't carry them, so I have to order one. I bought a tool box at Home Cheapo but it's huge and awkward- it takes 2 people to get it out of my truck! Please any help would be awsome

RC Enthusiast
    Well, if I use a bag to carry my truck somewhere, I just use those cotton shopping bags.
    My slash 4x4 fits right in, and I use a backpack for my tools and transmitter.
    But then again, it's just for one truck and I only go bashing...
    Last edited by Icanixin; 03-03-2011 at 07:08 AM. Reason: Spelling! T-t-t-t....
    WiiiiiiBANG!doingdoingBAM! Dude, that was awesome!

I have one of those semi clear storage tubs. It fits my two chargers, spare parts, tools, lipos and my whole truck. It keeps everything in one spot and easy to carry.

RC Champion
    Target (and others!) sell cheap suitcases .... carry on size and smaller .... most with extendable handles and wheels.
    Often the thrift stores have a pile of them.

RC Champion
    http://www.amazon.com/HPI-Carrying-B.../dp/B000BM9U1W

I use this along with back packs and storage containers. I would nearly need 3 of these bags to fit my stuff in for a day of bashing. Works good and even has wheels. When I have my kids with me they are pulled in a little bike trailer that connects to my mountain bike. I then zip tie the handle of the bag to the trailer and do a double pull to the park for some bashing. I have pulled it about 5 miles now total and the wheels still hold up great.
    X3-RC8T/X2 ERBE/Losi SCTE/SC10 4x4/Baja 5SC/Rusty

RC Enthusiast
    My buddy just went and bought a decent sized gym bag from walmart for $10 on sale and it fits two slashes. That's what I plan on doing and if I'm not using it for rc stuff I can use it for traveling and whatever else. Seems like the most economical solution to me...

RC Racer
    I use a Homedepot cheapo rolling tool box too but a smaller so I could handle it myself.
    I use a bungee cords to secure my 4x4 on top.

RC poster
    Go to Wal-mart, they have collapsible travel bags. All different sizes, with wheels. For like $15!!! I bought 3... They work great.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/28-Large-E...Black/11069688
    Last edited by Dug44; 03-03-2011 at 06:34 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    Went to Costco today. They had a rolling duffel bag with multiple compartments, for $40. It has wheels, a molded bottom and a retractable handle. Once it's out of the truck my son can easily handle it. This one was more than the Wally-world one's but the quality is 400x's better. I can fit both trucks, WITH bodies on, 2 radios, batteries and charger. Plus there's a "wet/dry" compartment which is perfect for my grease and oils. Thanks for replys, I never thought of the newer wheeled bags. I always figured that a duffel would be too awkward (like my old Emaxx bag).

RC Champion
    I use a large fishing bag, big enough to fit two 1:10 in but I fit my slash and merv only. Has 8 large external pockets four on front for my tools in compartment boxes and batteries, one at each end fit the transmitters, and two on the top for less commonly used items (bit fiddly to open).

It also has big mesh pockets on the ends but these have torn a bit so are not used

Fully packed it weighs a ton but means that we can stay out for hours with ALL of my equipment for bash-side repairs ;0)

The Time I Enjoy Wasting Is Not Time Wasted
    Time I enjoy wasting is not time wasted

RC Champion
    Here's some pics:

The Time I Enjoy Wasting Is Not Time Wasted
    Time I enjoy wasting is not time wasted