RC Champion

TQ 2.4 ghz transmitter without link and receiver with link

Some time ago I purchased a set from traxxas with TQ 2.4 ghz transmitter without link and a receiver with link.. they were paired from factory but now not..
    When I press the transmitters set button before power on and the receivers link button they both blink for pairing but nothing happens , just keeps on blinking..

any hints would be mostly appreciated

I do like this

1. Press and hold the transmitters SET button as you switch the transmitter on. The transmitter's LED will flash red slowly. Release the set button.

2. Press and hold the receivers LINK button as you switch on the speed control. Release the LINK button.

3. When the transmitter and receiver's LEDs turn solid green, the system is bound and ready for use.

but it does not work, the LEDS keep blinking for pairing :-(
    Slightly Addicted

Would you please provide some part #s?
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Champion
    Thanks a lot to take the time :-)

the Transmiitter is partnumber 2230
    It was bought as a set with partnumber 2206 including receiver

It was working fine untill I accidently pressed the link button on the receiver. Nothing else.
    So it should be able to work again :-)
    Slightly Addicted

RC Champion
    traxxas ressources are down for the manual of my transmittter.. the one with the 4 channels and only a set button, not a menu button.. lots of videos on youtube how to reset the one with two buttons (also have that one) but not my second which is the the one only with a power and set button
    Slightly Addicted

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Would you please provide some part #s?
    the partnumber is provided 2230 but the transmitter only has a set button not a menu button.. how does one reset it to factory settings then ?
    Slightly Addicted

Ah, my confusion is now resolved. The receiver is NOT a link receiver. It is a 2217. The word "Link" you see on the Rx is synonymous with "Bind" on other radios. A "Link" Rx (2218) reads "Traxxas Link" at the top and "Link" (aka "bind") above the button.

@ dtnel: yes, it's a 1st-gen, gray radio, and good suggestion re: Traxxas support.

If I could find my ERBE manual, I could possibly help, but no luck so far.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Champion
    Ah, my confusion is now resolved. The receiver is NOT a link receiver. It is a 2217. The word "Link" you see on the Rx is synonymous with "Bind" on other radios. A "Link" Rx (2218) reads "Traxxas Link" at the top and "Link" (aka "bind") above the button.

@ dtnel: yes, it's a 1st-gen, gray radio, and good suggestion re: Traxxas support.

yes its a first gen radio, the grey one sold with a receiver. it has always worked fine and did untill I accidently pressed the link button once... very odd.... On Traxxas site there are no ressources available at this moment
    Slightly Addicted

RC Champion

the RX is 2217, the TRX is 2230. So they should match according to Traxxas. "Use 2217 with the grey transmitter and 2218 with the black receiver. i just cant find any manuals...
    I will write Traxxas support. calling them is difficult living in Denmark...because of time difference
    Slightly Addicted

RC Champion
    I have posted to Traxxas Support, thanks, we will see what they say and I will post the answer here...
    And you are mostly likely right :-)
    Thanks for the help...
    Slightly Addicted

RC Champion
    Did the right thing from the start ... theres just only one button instead of two as mentioned.
    Traxxas sent me the original manual.. saying this:

Power on TX while pressing the Set button (flashing green)
    Power on RX while pressing link button (flashing green)

wait for the link , takes a few seconds

This is OK sort of...

I managed to get the link when reversing the process and giving the RX separate power..
    Thanks for mentioning it, I just wanted to hear what Traxxas had to say...

So now my MMM CC combo runs great but now a new issue encountered

The servos worked as well. But only 2 or 3 turns in each direction. Then dead both of them..

Motor and ESC still working fine and no error flashing or anything

Any hints on this one ??

Thanks
    Slightly Addicted

RC Champion
    they just fried, too bad, tried them in another truck,,, totally dead both of them :-(
    Slightly Addicted

RC Champion
    I am waiting on their reply right know.... via mail though.. but we will see

thanks for your help
    Slightly Addicted

RC Champion
    Traxxas will replace the servos :-)
    Slightly Addicted