RC Racer

MIP CVD kit same for SLASH 4x4 and STAMPEDE 4x4 ?

It looks to be the same , does anyone know for sure?

I seem to be snapping stock rear drive shafts almost every run , and the steel traxxas outdrive/yokes not being kind to the driveshafts either.

I could always loosen the slipper a bit , but we love the wheelies!

So , my question, is the MIP CVD kit the same for SLASH 4x4 and STAMPEDE 4x4 ?
    Won my first race in 1985...

RC poster
    According to this guy they will work. The review looked good to me. I ordered some too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQDO06jXKVE

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by AMZ View Post

So , my question, is the MIP CVD kit the same for SLASH 4x4 and STAMPEDE 4x4 ?
    Yes they are, they replace the same stock parts on the slash and stampede 4x4...Make sure you get the X-DUTY (I snapped the regular CVDs) especially with the bigger tires. I run those all around for my MT slash 4x4...

XO-1|SlashUE-MMM2200|Rally-SV2&MERV-MMP w/NEU1112

RC Qualifier
    That is one sick MT Slash! It's the reason I purchased a 4x4 Slash to go along with my pede, can't wait to convert it but I'm way too busy....and poor.....right now.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks...I told myself that I would stick to one project, but since my main RC project is shipped out for some custom work for over a month now.. I decided to convert one of my slash 4x4's. I wish I would have done it sooner...

RC Qualifier
    Killer Truck All Alum!... My wheels are turning!
    When Boy When, Are You Gonna Get Your Act Together

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Pede Pede View Post
    ....and poor.....right now.
    Don't forget that 30 bucks you owe me! Yup, $30.. intrest is building my brother!
    When Boy When, Are You Gonna Get Your Act Together

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by beetroot72 View Post
    Don't forget that 30 bucks you owe me! Yup, $30.. intrest is building my brother!
    Har har ! Funny thing is that I had ordered a 2200kv Mamba system that included a castle link dongle. Not knowing that, I ordered another at the time I placed my order so now I have two. Wish I could have saved the extra $30.

RC Qualifier
    I have them on my slash and just bought a F&R set for my new pede A nice MMM will go in there soon
    Wouldn't you like to know...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by choppermech11@m View Post
    I have them on my slash and just bought a F&R set for my new pede A nice MMM will go in there soon
    Cool, I also have a set and really like them. My MMM is for my Ofna, there is no way I could fit this 2200kv motor without major modding and even then I would be way too much for a truck this size. I have to be honest, I'm super happy with the stock brusless setup.

RC poster
    If you are only running the stock motor witch drive shaft should I get. Just don’t know witch to get?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Pede Pede View Post
    Cool, I also have a set and really like them. My MMM is for my Ofna, there is no way I could fit this 2200kv motor without major modding and even then I would be way too much for a truck this size. I have to be honest, I'm super happy with the stock brusless setup.
    Well I bought the pede as a roller, I didnt want the stock system at all. I had sooooo many problems with it, I sent it to traxxas 3 times. So I have a MMM in my slash that i love, So i thought why not stick another setup in the pede. I will be putting it in this weekend, I may get a MMPSCT instead. I will have try a few things. I will let you know hw it all goes or fits
    Wouldn't you like to know...

RC Racer
    I ran across this thread after a Google search for 'Slash 4x4 bigger tires'. AllAlluminum, very nice truck. I currently run a VXL Rustler and have been throwing around the idea of a Slash4x4 due to it's versatility with tinkering. Yours has to be the best looking Slash 4x4 I've ever seen. Can you please let me know the parts needed to convert the stock slash 4x4 to what I'm looking at there? Much appreciated.

BTW, what's a MIP CVD kit ?
    Last edited by hailjack; 05-26-2011 at 03:41 PM. Reason: spelling

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    If you take a look at the blow up view of the 2 different sets of MIP shafts, you will find a 3mm longer out drive for the pede's front set. This eliminates the slight rubbing some of us have had. The slash shafts are known for rubbing against the camber link end in front. It can be solved by moving the link to the outer hole or just let it rub for a day or two till it wares the plastic enough to stop. I would get the pede shafts to avoid this problem from the start. Also I will note that it only happens at full suspension drop, when off the ground.
    All aluminum, I've said it before and I'll say it again, that's a bad boys truck right there! I did the bug body on my slash mt. Check it out in the slash mt gallery........ I think it looks pretty cool.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by hailjack View Post
    I ran across this thread after a Google search for 'Slash 4x4 bigger tires'. AllAlluminum, very nice truck. I currently run a VXL Rustler and have been throwing around the idea of a Slash4x4 due to it's versatility with tinkering. Yours has to be the best looking Slash 4x4 I've ever seen. Can you please let me know the parts needed to convert the stock slash 4x4 to what I'm looking at there? Much appreciated.

BTW, what's a MIP CVD kit ?
    Thanks for the comments....The JPCONCEPTS Raptor body comes with the body posts to fit the slash, however they are weak and will eventually snap off. I am currently using the RPM body posts and just extended it with longer screws and spacers that I had in my parts bin. Here's the link for the MIP CVD kit:
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...P+X-DUTY+slash

Quote Originally Posted by thedreadedend View Post
    If you take a look at the blow up view of the 2 different sets of MIP shafts, you will find a 3mm longer out drive for the pede's front set. This eliminates the slight rubbing some of us have had. The slash shafts are known for rubbing against the camber link end in front. It can be solved by moving the link to the outer hole or just let it rub for a day or two till it wares the plastic enough to stop. I would get the pede shafts to avoid this problem from the start. Also I will note that it only happens at full suspension drop, when off the ground.
    All aluminum, I've said it before and I'll say it again, that's a bad boys truck right there! I did the bug body on my slash mt. Check it out in the slash mt gallery........ I think it looks pretty cool.
    I saw the bug body and it looks great!

RC Racer
    And those look like E-Maxx wheels correct? What kind of tires are those?

RC Enthusiast
    wow all alum, that thing looks so awesome well done man. Think I may have to make that my next project truck instead of just buying the pede4x4. Any chance of a build thread on what you did to that beauty?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by merx9 View Post
    wow all alum, that thing looks so awesome well done man. Think I may have to make that my next project truck instead of just buying the pede4x4. Any chance of a build thread on what you did to that beauty?
    Yep. That single photo has me on a mission to purchase a Slash 4x4 and get that MT look. Not necessarily exactly as I don't want to rip it exactly from Alluminum, but generally. I'm not 100% of what he has going on inside the body besides the Mamba but from what we can see in the picture it's a JPConcepts Raptor body and 2.8 Proline Trenchers on Traxxas twin-spoke wheels.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by hailjack View Post
    Yep. That single photo has me on a mission to purchase a Slash 4x4 and get that MT look. Not necessarily exactly as I don't want to rip it exactly from Alluminum, but generally. I'm not 100% of what he has going on inside the body besides the Mamba but from what we can see in the picture it's a JPConcepts Raptor body and 2.8 Proline Trenchers on Traxxas twin-spoke wheels.
    Exactly, would like to see some under the body shots