RC Competitor

B'day comin up What should I get????

I got $350 for my present and my 4x4 is completely stock.

Should I get a center diff???
    Lipo Batteries which should I get for my Velinion system and what charger???
    What tires? I drive both on and off-road.
    Im a basher what parts should I upgrade??
    Already gonna get Big Bore Shocks.
    Any thing I should upgrade to aluminum???
    RPM-A Arms gonna get.
    Should I get a whole new motor and esc??
    RollCage??
    Or should I just ask for a 1/16 slash 4x4???

RC Competitor
    get a rollcage if ur a basher.i saw them at my lhs for 40.it will help save u body for a little longer or just dont run one lol.

I have the New Era roll bar. My body has lasted since September. Its beat but still in one piece

RC Qualifier
    Don't buy stuff that makes no difference,..like RPM arms. Replace stuff like that when stock arms break.

Buy a couple 2S and 3S lipo's (5000mah and higher), a good ac/dc multi charger, couple of hardened steel pinions and wheels n tires. My $.02

RC Competitor
    How much was that roll cage???

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhammer2u View Post
    Don't buy stuff that makes no difference,..like RPM arms. Replace stuff like that when stock arms break.

Buy a couple 2S and 3S lipo's (5000mah and higher), a good ac/dc multi charger, couple of hardened steel pinions and wheels n tires. My $.02

This is sound advice. If I were in your shoes I would get some lipos and a decent charger (assuming you don't already have those), look into some aftermarket CVD's since you will be bashing and save the rest of the cash. Replace parts as needed, a stock Slash is loads of fun already, put that fire In your pocket out so you don't loose your money!
    -Slash 4x4 MT 2000kv
    -Slash 4x4 MT 2100kv

RC Enthusiast
    Buy a thunder AC6 charger,its a balance charger, charges Lipo, liFE, nimh, nicid, and everything else....they're $42.50 and up, then buy a couple 2s 5000mah 40c Lipos...I bought an integy roll cage for $29.99.....Lunsford turnbuckles are good too....if you buy any aluminum parts get them from GH thru RCplanet.com....save the rest for when you need it.MIP cvds are pretty good too....pro line trenchers make a difference too!

RC Enthusiast
    Center diff. Is a must!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by slashguy_145 View Post
    Center diff. Is a must!
    ya but if he is just a basher than his car might heat up fast.depends on ur driving style

RC Competitor
    Thanks guys ill get started on it all and look at all this stuff

RC Champion
    Lipos and charger, and an Outwears shroud (will save you on maintenance) only replace parts (arm, hubs, etc) as you break em, you may never break the part you replace so therefor it would be money wasted. The roll cage sounds like a good idea I am considering one myself since I just put on a new body and they aren't cheap.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallguy905 View Post
    Lipos and charger, and an Outwears shroud (will save you on maintenance) only replace parts (arm, hubs, etc) as you break em, you may never break the part you replace so therefor it would be money wasted. The roll cage sounds like a good idea I am considering one myself since I just put on a new body and they aren't cheap.
    Buy an integy, everybody Knocks their stuff but I had my 200lb brother stand on mine and it didn't bend or anything

RC Enthusiast
    Yeah, I would get a decent 4 port charger and a few lipo's 2+3S 8000mah, and an 1/8th scale motor and esc..then spend the rest on integy parts..it's his b-day money let him be a kid and spend it on what he wants!
    Ultimate w/ lcg carbon fiber double chassis mod

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by doppelganger
    then spend the rest on integy parts
    Well thats a complete waste of money...

I have the AC6 and its great. It will take over an hour to balance a lipo but it does it good, and all you need is a traxxas adapter.
    Nothin' like a 4 on the floor and a V8

RC Qualifier
    Sway bars, aluminum motor mount, aluminum bearing carriers front and rear, rpm nerf bars.
    I don't want to go into lipos on this board because.... Well just because. A decent charger is the onyx 235. Very nice charger. It has a built in power supply, which is very convenient. Ok. No more on chargers.
    Maybe better tires for your terrain, if you need them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ERBE ~ Rusty VXL ~ Pede VXL ~ 2 Slash 4X4's

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Blake Powers View Post
    How much was that roll cage???
    they have an integy one on ebay for 25.they work real good to.just search slash 4x4 roll bar

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by slashguy_145 View Post
    Buy an integy, everybody Knocks their stuff but I had my 200lb brother stand on mine and it didn't bend or anything
    Yeah, I don't know why everybody thinks that their parts are only for "shelf queens" and all that, too.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 02hawk View Post
    Well thats a complete waste of money...

I have the AC6 and its great. It will take over an hour to balance a lipo but it does it good, and all you need is a traxxas adapter.
    The same could be said for R/C or anything for that matter..great advice though, really!
    Last edited by doppelganger; 04-04-2011 at 06:00 PM.
    Ultimate w/ lcg carbon fiber double chassis mod