RC poster

Battery and slipper clutch questions

I got a new Traxxas Boss 302 today. What amps should you charge the battery at, I started at 1.5 amps but within 20 minutes the charger went off indicating it was charged but the mah was only at 205, I did it again same thing. So I started charging at .8 amps. Am I doing this right?

Is there a video that shows how to adjust the slipper clutch? Thanks

RC Qualifier
    The battery most likely came with some charge on it. It should also say what amp to charge at on the battery. If its a 1200mah battery you shouldnt charge over 1.2 amps. As far as slipper adjustment goes, take a look in the manual that came with it. There should be some info in that in there.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I read the manual online and there is a photo with a write-up on how to adjust the slipper. For my 3.3 Revo I lock the input shaft and tighten the nut to the point where the spur leaves indents on my thumb when turning it.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Thanks for the replies. I charged the battery at .8amps and that seemed to work, but I am going to tackle the clutch tomorrow because I have to get up at 2 in the morning and go to work. Thanks, again

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    In a car like this you can run your slipper a bit tighter as there isnt the same shock loading as what happens with an off road vehicle. Tighten it up all the way and back it off 1/8 of a turn and see how you like it. I found the slipper was set very loose when I first ran my rally.

RC poster
    I got my batteries charged and slipper clutch adjusted and took it out for a ride. This thing is fast and squirrelly so I thought two batteries would help balance it out and not be as squirrelly, so I put the Series connetor in it, WOW it was even faster if I did doughnuts with it and would wind up on its roof. When I would get up to half throttle and open it up it would spin out and I ended up braking a toe link, it split open where it connects to the rear hub. I think I am going to need stiffer shocks. I tried to set the steering sensitivity, but no luck. I really like the Boss 302, it is a fun car.

RC Qualifier
    Two suggestions for ya. Since you broke a toe link, upgrade to some adjustable ones. And the HR sway bars made a small but nice improvement in handling in my rally I built.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Who is hr on your sway bars?

RC Qualifier
    HR stands for hot racing
    Rally SV2/4600 and fully loaded