Thread: Blue Toe Links?

RC poster

Blue Toe Links?

Im in the process of making a blue merv and the only thing that im not finding are either blue or black toe links. ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY Does anybody know where I can find either of these colors? Thanks

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    you can dye the stock ones in black.

RC Enthusiast
    looks like all the usual suspects are out of stock, gpms factory page is out of stock (not that I in anyway shape or form support the purchase of gpm parts anyway) integy black ones appear out of stock everywhere as well, i don't know what to tell you brother...

RC poster
    Thanks guys for the quick response. Hmmmm, I want everything to match so at this point im leaning toward dying them black. Can I do that with aluminum toe links that traxxas sells? and how would I go about doing that?
    Traxster

RC Qualifier
    Aluminum links aren't dyeable. But the red plastic ones take the dye quite well. You'll have to get "rit" dye from the laundry isle at target or somewhere similiar. Its clothing dye but works awesome on plastic. And if you go on youtube and type in rit dye rc parts there is a few good videos showing ya how to do it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Forgive me for both digging up an old thread and being so petty, but I'm working on a mini Revo build, and was really hoping to use blue links as well. Are links from any other vehicles usable? I heard some people were able to use links from another mini a while back but can't find the thread...
    Rusty, Pede, Bandit, E-MAXX 3906, MERV

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Be nice if something works mines all.blue with red aluminum toe links and push rods sticking out like a sour thumb

What about these?
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Racer
    Those are the STRC pushrods. I already have them, but STRC doesn't make toe links to match. Actually, that's kinda why I'm in this mess, I found a deal on some unopened blue STRC parts (pushrods, rockers, and shock bodies), and I just assumed they made toe links to match. I Seems kinda silly, especially considering every other manufacturer sells their toe links and pushrods together as a set.

This is the first time I'm using STRC stuff for a build, and while the build quality and customer service are top notch, I feel like I have these parts that I really can't use without throwing good money after bad. The pushrods I have are great, but no matching toe-links is a real downer, since if I buy any other aftermarket brand's toe links, they'll likely have perfectly matching pushrods, and may even come together as a set. The shock bodies are nice-looking, but without threaded lower caps they'll have the same faults as stock shocks. I'll likely order aluminum upper caps from Hot Racing, and for about $13 I can add in their threaded shock bodies to replace the STRC ones. I also ended up with a pair of front rockers, and I can't justify spending $15 to get matching rears when Hot Racing has adjustable rockers for a dollar more. I've heard nothing but good things about STRC, but it's disappointing that I may not be able to use their parts for this build as they just don't make sense for this project.

GPM makes blue push rods and toe links. But the quality of their alu is not good. I had a silver set before I got the steel ones, and those bent when you looked at them.

RC Racer
    Yeah, ironically the only companies that seem to make blue ones are GPM and Integy. I'll probably just dye the stock ones black for now, or maybe just buy some black steel ones. Normally I don't care much about looks, but that's kinda what this build is all about, lol.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    all of the aluminum toe links bend, from any manufacturer..... so i dont know why people here are dissing on gpm..... gpm stuff is great... i actually cant think of 1 product of theirs that isnt good quality......

integy is known for sub-par materials quality

I wouldn't run the hr rockers, they like to pop the ball and lose the end of the rods...... not worth it as they do not encapsulate the end like all the otehr rockers....

It was not dissing on GPM in general. I think the alu links for the 1/16 cars are quite soft and bend too easy.
    I am a pretty happy GPM customer, but also had a few parts that were just not good. I had steel drive shafts a while ago and they held up less good than the stock ones. Same goes for the steel drive shafts for the Stampede/Slash 4x4. Just not good.

Alu knuckles, bulkheads, gearbox, steering parts, steel rods, body mount: great products.

RC Racer
    i just purchased these INTT3450
    *ERBE
    *Rustler MMP 1410
    *T-Maxx 2.5
    *MERV

Quote Originally Posted by SteveLongIsland View Post
    i just purchased these INTT3450
    I hope they wont let you down, but looking at experiences with Integy alu....

RC Racer
    I usually avoid aluminum like the plague, but the stock pushrods and toelinks have too much flex/slop IMHO, and these cars are small enough to where the forces are minimized. I'm with you, Jimbo. Most of the issues with aftermarket toe links are related to the rod ends, which I can easily replace, and I can usually straighten a bent rod.

I'm just gonna throw this out there, Traxxas makes blue ESCs, blue motors, blue motor mounts, etc. But ALL of the 1/16 upgrades are RED??? On the flipside, STRC makes pushrods, but not toe links that are essentially the same thing??

Anyways, this build is all about looking good. I love my RCs, but most of them have a mish-mash of parts and since I was building this MERV form the ground up I wanted it to look nice. I don't wanna ruin the "look" by using the TRX red aluminum, so I'll prolly just dye the stockers black or find some steel ones (GPM has a set) and see if I can't find a local shop to anodize them for me. It's a shame Traxxas or STRC doesn't make blue toe links, they'd get my money in a heartbeat.