Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephan81 View Post
    You running the fronts on the front and backs on the back?

I am thinking of buying a set for the wifeys Slash VXL or possibly swapping my P-L's to her slash and the Ten-T's on my Pede
    Yes fronts on front, backs on backs.
    Had-> MERV, ERBE, Stampede 4x4

RC Qualifier
    Enjoy.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by dumbcomputers View Post
    Enjoy.

Nice dude, I enjoyed that vid, some nice jumps to and some nice back flips!! Looks like I am not the only one that has some issues with braking on pavement and front flipping/cart wheeling lol. I was thinking about that the other day, setting up the brake % so if i slam the brakes on it's just short of locking up but enough to slow down very quickly.
    R4lly GT8 | Backsl4sh | Sl4sh MT | Sl4sh | P4de

RC Qualifier
    Thanks, I tried to lower the brake power but it doesn't stop very well. It's a really fine line on brake% and the tires you are running and the terrain you are running on. On the street in front of my house I can lift the rear end off the ground and it won't flip over....That same setting in the vid flips the car if I'm not careful

Traxxas Marshal
    I'm pretty sure that truck could use some more power, the front wheels aren't off the ground enough!

Looks fun and fast! A few good flips in there too! Thank you for sharing!
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Qualifier
    Thanks...

What no comments on the diaper box (*aka ramp extender)? ....haha.

RC Racer
    Nice vid.....looks like it takes a tumble well and wheelies on demand
    ERBE, Pede VXL, Rusty VXL

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by dumbcomputers View Post

What no comments on the diaper box (*aka ramp extender)? ....haha.
    ya thats a way to win a race lol

RC Qualifier
    BTW. In the vid it's geared 11/52 (~53MPH on max 3s)

RC Qualifier
    Love the vid DC, do i hear a small amount of slip?...i tighten mine up, i can almost not move it for hand, when i hold mine, tired mine regular, but no good..mine is a WOD car now ..fun as H
    TpParts RcXtreme | Xray XT8e 2019

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas P View Post
    Love the vid DC, do i hear a small amount of slip?...i tighten mine up, i can almost not move it for hand, when i hold mine, tired mine regular, but no good..mine is a WOD car now ..fun as H
    I was 1/4 turn out in the video...In the beginning of the video I'm actually trying to keep the nose down on the truck!!! The wheelies are killing my speed, not to mention my RPM rear bumper which looks like it's 1/3 gone after just one run! I actually might loosen a tiny bit more not tighten it, but that's a preference thing.

RC Racer
    Great use for the pampers box.

RC Qualifier
    Bullet Time!

RC Competitor
    Awesome video DC! It would be cool if you created a rollcage or something like that. It would make the truck much stronger.

RC Qualifier
    What is up with this????

I bought a new Castle 3800 motor to replace the one I traded for the 2400. New 3800's motor wires are almost TWICE as long as my original 3800!!!

RC Racer
    Very strange, the weird part is the instructions for the motor tell you not to shorten the wires. Any idea why that is?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ik632 View Post
    Very strange, the weird part is the instructions for the motor tell you not to shorten the wires. Any idea why that is?
    I thought it has something to do with motor timing, but that's in the case that they are too short.

Looking at the photos and knowing that the motor is 50cm long (~2"). The first motor had wires which were about 4" and the new one has wires which are 8"!!!
    Last edited by cooleocool; 05-26-2011 at 04:39 PM. Reason: merge

The wires can be shortened on Castle motors. Some motors the wires are the stator wires, and they can not be shortened.
    _
    _
    _ 3 lines are all that's allowed in a sig.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by asheck View Post
    The wires can be shortened on Castle motors. Some motors the wires are the stator wires, and they can not be shortened.
    Good thing...because I already shorten them last night

I emailed Castle support two days ago but they never got back to me.

RC Champion
    Why would the wires be that long in the first place?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by E-RevoVXL View Post
    Why would the wires be that long in the first place?
    Dunno..maybe if you had a 2x4 and wanted to mount the ESC on the front bumper....

Maybe they really like the way I mount the esc up front, and are trying to encourage others to do it
    _
    _

RC Qualifier
    DC, may i ask, what is ya temp after a bash 3s Lipo?...my 2400 SCT motor is real hot, but i do have a "white knuckles" when i bash ...maybe i should go down from 16 to 14?...but the car i have is more then hysterical ..

Nice cable job!

/T

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas P View Post
    DC, may i ask, what is ya temp after a bash 3s Lipo?...my 2400 SCT motor is real hot, but i do have a "white knuckles" when i bash ...maybe i should go down from 16 to 14?...but the car i have is more then hysterical ..
    I decided not to run the 2400kv in the Stampede but move it to my Ten-Te. I bought a new 3800kv for the Stampede. The 3800 has goobs of torque, more then enough for the light Stampede. Temp-wise....if I run it "white knuckled" without stopping for a second in 80* ambient I can get the 3800 upwards of 180*...Just bashing around not pushing it that hard it runs about 150-160*.

RC Competitor
    Nice pede u got urself there My bent shocks put me on a delay to upgrade to lipo and change the stock gearing, but maybe in a couple weeks im going to get an aluminum motor mount and esc fan, then i'll be ready for lipo the week after then if i snap the axles after I get lipo I'll upgrade to MIP X-duty axles then. I still want the aluminum bearing carriers too but I dont think thats a neccesity yet.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks DC, i think im around 180-195..

RC Qualifier
    Suspension Tuning Update:

After running my Ten-Te made me realize how awful my Stampede handles. I spent an enormous amount of time over the long weekend trying to sort out the Stampede suspension with the Ten-T shocks I have on it. The one thing I concluded from my efforts is that the Stampede does not like much dampening at all. I don't know if it's becuase the chassis is so light or that it's due to it's suspension design.

My biggest issue I'm trying to sort out is the "bouncing" of the truck on large hits. If you look at the video I have you can see the truck bounce off the ground at times, the Ten-Te does NOT do this and is able to go a least 25-50% higher and longer! Even with 30wt shock oil and the largest shock pistons Losi makes for the shocks I was not able to get rid of the "bounce". I reverted to a stock set of pistons but this time drilling out two of the holes with a 1/16" drill bit (*not all 4 like I originally did). I first tried 30wt oil and it had a hair more dampening then the stock ultra shocks w/ stock oil. I ran pretty good but wheelied a lot due it squatting a lot under acceleration. The chassis also bottomed out a awful lot for my tastes. I then went up to 45wt oil using the same modified pistons with black springs in the front and sliver in the rear. The front is pretty good now and the rear has a small amount of "bounce" if dropped at distances greater then 2ft. I could go with thinner oil in the rear but at this point it's going to be a tradeoff of big hit capacity. The chassis still bottoms out at drops greater then 2ft but I'm not willing to run more compression or thicker springs as it compromise handling on the ground.
    Last edited by dumbcomputers; 05-31-2011 at 10:36 AM.

First point, the Ten-t would much better be compared to a Slash, as their chassis lengths are more similar, but the lower chassis design will always give the edge to the T. The Pede is a MT , it might be smaller then a Maxx or Revo, but porportionally it's in the same class.

Imo people often get confused when setting up their suspension. The forces involved while the truck is moving, and what happens on a straight drop are not very similar. So what makes something be able to drop from 2-3 feet, without bottoming out , generally will make it handle like crude.
    _
    _

RC Qualifier
    First point, the Ten-t would much better be compared to a Slash, as their chassis lengths are more similar, but the lower chassis design will always give the edge to the T. The Pede is a MT , it might be smaller then a Maxx or Revo, but porportionally it's in the same class.

Imo people often get confused when setting up their suspension. The forces involved while the truck is moving, and what happens on a straight drop are not very similar. So what makes something be able to drop from 2-3 feet, without bottoming out , generally will make it handle like crude.
    The Ten-T's wheelbase is actually right in the between a Stampede and Slash in wheelbase, 11.8" vs 10.83" vs 12.75" respectively. With the RPM "wide" crawler wheels on the Stampede the track is almost exactly the same between the Ten-T.

For the record, I have my Stampede's chassis is setup only slightly higher then my Ten-T. The downfall to the chassis design of both the Slash and Stampede is it's high CG not really it's chassis height which can be adjusted.

I totally agree a static drop does not equate to a moving drop, but a static drop is a lot easier to reproduce in a controlled environment as a benchmark test. Everyone has different suspension requirements they want out of their vehicles and their isn't a "Best" setup for everyone.

My
    personal requirements are that the chassis does not bottom out from a static 12" drop and that the chassis doesn't "bounce" on static drops of 2 feet. It also has to be compliant enough to run on un-prepared off road dirt surfaces.
    Last edited by dumbcomputers; 05-31-2011 at 02:00 PM.

My personal requirements are that the chassis does not bottom out from a static 12" drop and that the chassis doesn't "bounce" on static drops of 2 feet. It also has to be compliant enough to run on un-prepared off road dirt surfaces.
    I would say that is pretty close to how I set mine up. I wasn't necessarily refering to you, but often time I'll see people dropping it 4ft, and thinking it shouldn't bottom out, then complain of handling issues, or such.

I look at the chassis height, from a standpoint of rear arms parallel to the ground. In which case since the Ten is a flat chassis, and the Stampede is a raised chassis, as you noted, the Pede will have a Higher CG.

For some reason I was thinking it was 12.2 on the chassis. I guess I can't remember everything
    _
    _

RC Qualifier
    More Packs!

I have a pack like that
    _
    _

RC Qualifier
    Decided that I don't have enough time to run 3 cars so one has to go...Sadly it's the Stampede. I'm sure it will make someone really happy though:

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ede-4x4-Roller

Dude, don't ever price out a list like that. You just made me realize how much I have in my Pede

I guess I can see where how you have your's setup the Ten would be the better choice.
    _
    _

RC Qualifier
    Dude, don't ever price out a list like that. You just made me realize how much I have in my Pede

I guess I can see where how you have your's setup the Ten would be the better choice.

Haha...Did the same thing with my MERV. Lot my butt on that one too....but that's just part of the hobby. I had fun building it and running it so that's where the money went. BTW, Ten-T wasn't necessarily any cheaper:O

RC Qualifier
    2 hours of work...back to almost stock

Going up for sale tomorrow morning...

RC Competitor
    Hi, I'm currently lookly for a good brushless system, people tell me to get the Castle Sidewinder SCT 3800kV... I'm leaning in to get it, but I noticed you went through 3 different ESCs.. Whats the reason, if you dont mind me asking? I'm running 2s and the optional 17t pinon, and everything else still stock.. And very nice pede btw!
    Slip em' -n- Slay em'

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidmayeux1989 View Post
    Hi, I'm currently lookly for a good brushless system, people tell me to get the Castle Sidewinder SCT 3800kV... I'm leaning in to get it, but I noticed you went through 3 different ESCs.. Whats the reason, if you dont mind me asking? I'm running 2s and the optional 17t pinon, and everything else still stock.. And very nice pede btw!
    That's easy. I flat out HATED the Sidewinder. It's barely an upgrade over the stock ESC. MMM was perfect, the fan NEVER turned on and is bulletproof in the Stampede. Only reason why I replaced it was I needed an ESC for my Ten-Te and I didn't want to fork over another ~$140 for a MMM so I got a MMP for ~$110.

Back up:
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...57#post4825257
    Last edited by cooleocool; 06-06-2011 at 07:35 PM. Reason: merge

RC Competitor
    Ok, im trying to get this cleared, you hated it because it would get to hot, or..... See thats the problem i have now with the stock VXL it gets super hot! I just wanna make a good buy..
    Slip em' -n- Slay em'

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidmayeux1989 View Post
    Ok, im trying to get this cleared, you hated it because it would get to hot, or..... See thats the problem i have now with the stock VXL it gets super hot! I just wanna make a good buy..

I was able to overheat the Sidewinder within 5mins geared only 40MPH. I personally couldn't recommended it for a 4x4 application. I'm sure it's perfect in a 4x2 but just doesn't have the capacity for a 4x4 application in my opinion.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast