RC Enthusiast

Rally Performance

After seeing the bad comments left on the rally due to the performance, I was thinking instead of making the car 4wd, why dont you remove the front or rear differentials, so that you can make the car rear wheel drive or front wheel drive, to see if it changes the performance of the vehicle. It would be interesting to see how it performs. Unfortunately I do not have a rally so I can not try this as I am trying to save up for a 1/10th Summit.
    If someone does do this give me credit for the idea and post some videos of the performance of 4wd, front wd, and rear wd. And try them on the same surface so there is less variables. Or someone can send me one to try this.

RC Qualifier
    Not the first to suggest this and if you want the car to be 2 wheel drive you would just disconnect the corresponding center driveshaft and leave the differentials alone.
    Rally SV2/4600 and fully loaded

RC Champion
    It'll probably not do well as a fwd, too much weight behind the center point. as a rwd, it might be better but the lack of wheelbase will make it squirrely, especially under 11.1v power!

*edit*
    I would remove the driveshafts running from the trans to the diffs as well as the diffs to the wheels, that should cause the least amount of efficiency losses in the drive train as well as in the non driven wheels.
    Last edited by bjoehandley; 03-27-2011 at 09:16 PM.
    https://www.instagram.com/greenjeep1998/?hl=en

RC Racer
    if it doesn't do good in 4wd much much less in 2!!! but you can have all the credit!!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Not really sure where youve seen "the bad comments due to the rallys performance". From what ive read, most people are really happy with its performance... when driven the way its INTENDED to be driven.

just disconnect the corresponding center driveshaft and leave the differentials alone.
    If you wanted to do this properly you would also want to remove the shafts from the wheels to the diff, otherwise the wheels would drive the diff causing more drag.

if it doesn't do good in 4wd much much less in 2!!!
    Agreed.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    Not really sure where youve seen "the bad comments due to the rallys performance". From what ive read, most people are really happy with its performance... when driven the way its INTENDED to be driven.
    agree-- we have a couple of guys who try to race them in the 1/10 scale class and another who bashes off-road. Its not a race car and despite its name- its not a "rally" car. Its a niche car for drifting, etc.

I use mine for hotel parking lots, aircraft flight lines, goofing off in the flat zones of a skate park, etc. I keep the whole thing in a small backpack with batteries, charger, and small tool kit. Its always with me. I have a ton of fun with this car- but also know its limitations.

When you try to throw this rig into areas its not meant to perform- it automatically loses performance.

My only complaint has been the lack of a clear body from Traxxas.
    Boise, Idaho
    www.adventureiq.com

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    Yeah Man I run 4tec tires on it or the other manufacturers tires runs awsome. I had to get rid of the suspension slop but now it takes off and corners perfect. And I run it on 4s LIPO.
    havnt failed I just found 1000 ways that wont work