Thread: dewalt

RC Enthusiast

dewalt

Has anyone else ran a 16v dewalt in there summit

RC Qualifier
    I would no run the 16v, maybe 14v at the most, but i am however running the 12v, the point to the Dewalt motor is to over volt it so it performs at peak performance with out having to be wound out. I love my 12v had it on now for a long time and no problems at all.
    No you cant drive it
    my RC is owner operated only

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by 01summit View Post
    Has anyone else ran a 16v dewalt in there summit
    16v??? Never heard of a 16v. Typical is 12v, 14.4v, and 18v. 12v is the most powerful, but can run hot. 14.4v is a nice choice for power and better temps. 18v is generally not used as it is a bit slow.

RC Enthusiast
    I tour apart my 12v dewalt and pop off the pinion and went to put mine on and its a smaller pinion the the 5mm or the stock. so i dont know if they make diff size or do i just buy another motor .

RC Qualifier
    the 12v will accept the 5mm pinion just have to make a small flat spot on the shaft. oh and that motor gets hot, I run a Mamba fan but.. u do what works for you.
    No you cant drive it

RC Enthusiast
    no the pinion is to big or lose

RC Enthusiast
    Hey guys im buying a stock summit and im new to this. What can i do to make my summit go at least over 30. Dumb up the answer for me. Thanks.

RC Qualifier
    lipo batteries, dewalt 14 volt, 17 tooth pinion, or go brushless ---get a tekin truggy system is my recommendation
    ???Why so serious???
    JOKER TV

RC Qualifier
    over 30 mph , dont buy a summit , maybe a mini summit vxl for those speeds. wrong application for big summit.

RC Racer
    2s lipo 65s and 18p and my gps still was at 26mph! I didnt hav stock tires but the trencher. Gets kinda warm so 30 would be just for a show off run and not for everyday use. Stick with under 25mph and the summit will like u with a dewalt 14.4 and run great.
    dewalt 14.4

RC Racer
    You put a 2650 or 2200kv mamba monster motor on it with 4s lipo It will do wheelie stands, use 18pinion and 58 spur.

Here is a video of my e-revo, (high gear in the summit) with 4s lipo and 2200kv system

You may break summit axles tho, I did I prefer e-revo axles, which can be swapped in freely.

RC Racer
    You put a 2650 or 2200kv mamba monster motor on it with 4s lipo It will do wheelie stands, use 18pinion and 58 spur.

Here is a video of my e-revo, (high gear in the summit) with 4s lipo and 2200kv system

You may break summit axles tho, I did I prefer e-revo axles, which can be swapped in freely.

Dewalt (the much cheaper option) not as fast, but blows away stock in a Summit (775)
    Here is one I put a DeWalt 14.4 motor in, this is also running stock batts. It would be faster on 4s lipo.

RC Racer
    Usefull Dewalt Information for 14.4 and h
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ghlight=dewalt
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...t-14.4-install including a summing-up

I only know these dewalt motor:
    •14.4 volt drill and motor geared for 1,800 rpm (approx max rpm ): 325 watts
    •12 volt drill and motor geared for 1,800 rpm : 285 watts
    •18 volt drill and motor gered for 2,000 rpm : 450 watts

RC Racer
    i dont have a summit but i just put a ryobi 14.4 motor in my rustler

this forum gave me the idea of the drill motor thank you
    pede vxl rusty cc sv2 tacon 3200kv

RC Qualifier
    Got a question for all the Dewalt guys out there. Ok anyone know the measurements on the brushes alone. I have been looking even called tech support at places that sales them and left messages. but i think they might be 25" x .313" x .53".. but im not sure.. any info would be great.. Thanks I know i can buy these off ebay but if i can match up the sizes i might be able to get them for less than 2 dollars a pair. Mine are toast BTW..

Just to be clear i am not looking for the brush housing, just the brush measurment itself.
    Last edited by blue_uscg; 04-19-2011 at 05:19 PM.
    No you cant drive it

I would pull one and measure it but with the caps it is a bit of a pain on mine anyways,Still am system (it's almost vintage soon..LOL)sorry man
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    yea i have a used one.. but with the wear, i cant get an accurate measurement.
    No you cant drive it