RC Qualifier

Help guys i have a wierdo problem...

Im driving my rally with a sidewinder. And bam hit a mailbox after 10 cartwheels. (Happends ALL the time lol) And i walk over there and the car wont run but the sidewinders still on. The remotes on green. THe receiver is on complete red. So i opened up the revieer box and unpluged both the servo and sidewinder. And plugged them back in. Had the same problem. So i went to rebind it back to the transmitter using the sidewinder. And it wouldnt even make the receiver start blinking red. So then i plugged in my vxl-3m and then went ahead to rebind and it started to blink red. And i made my transmitter blink red also so it can bind. And it just doesnt want to bind nor work....help please

RC Qualifier
    and its not the servo

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Sounds like maybe one of the receiver wires has been pulled off the sidewinder board itself. Maybe its getting power, but isnt properly communicating with the RX... If the system works with your VXL ESC but not with the sidewinder then its obviously a problem with the sidewinder itself... id call castle, describe the situation and if its under warranty you should be able to get it fixed... id avoid describing how "intense" the crash was.

RC Qualifier
    It doesnt work with the stock esc and with the sidewinder.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Hmmm... its one of those things you simply have to eliminate possibilities. If you know its not the servo, the only other 2 components that it COULD be are the ESC and the RX... so your pretty sure its not the ESC as neither of them make a difference, which would lead me to believe its the RX... I dont suppose you have another car with another RX you can try swapping in do you?
    Id call traxxas and see if they can help you with an RX...

RC Qualifier
    Make sure all trim settings are set to zero I know mine is very sensitive and if it is off just a little it won't bind i.e. Make sure you have the throttle trim set to zero hope this helps and good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    ill try that

RC Competitor
    jono- I know that you think its not the servo but have you tried binding without the servo? I sort of sounds like the same symptoms I had.

My (stock) rally just stopped driving at the end of the battery pack. With a fresh pack, the esc (3mVxl) was red (but faint) and the receiver was sort of blinking. Everything was just acting wierd. After a few minutes I noticed my servo was very hot- so for me, there must be some kind of binding happening in my steering system- probably a broken gear in the servo.

RC Qualifier
    i tried that.. but ty