RC Champion

Actually been a good boy but pushrods for bracing ?

cant somebody sent me a picture of how exactly you mount the pushrod for both rear and front bracing and what partnumber you use...
    been searching the forum for the post giving me the right answer but there seems to be some oppinions about P2 and P3 and swaybars (which I do not have)

thanks ever so much :-)
    Slightly Addicted

RC Qualifier
    A bit of reading for ya! http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post4694092

Let me know if you need more information. I've done sort of a write up on another forum and it's in Swedish. Give me a nudge and I'll send you the link.
    Last edited by j.f.s; 04-04-2011 at 06:38 AM.
    E-Revo Xerun 150A/Leopard 4282//MBX6-Te MMM/CC1518

RC Champion
    Thanks for now.. I will look into it.. got the partnumbers now and some pretty good pictures, thanks..

Wont the less flexing of the chassis be bad when you bash around ???
    Slightly Addicted

RC Racer
    Another few pics for you

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by mwi View Post
    If youre talking about handling, i didnt notice anything.. I didnt notice the RCS ccage much either, and that bugger REALLY stiffens the chassie..

RC Champion
    Thanks for pictures and replies guys. Gonna order some pushrods tonight :-)

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
    Slightly Addicted

RC Champion
    Thanks for now.. I will look into it.. got the partnumbers now and some pretty good pictures, thanks..

Not at all, it actually improves the ability to tune the suspension to behave the way you want. You no longer have chassis flex in the equation. Of course you still have the a-arms flexing which can be significant, especially if your running rpm arms but I suppose thats better than all the traxxas arms I had to replace before I switched to rpm.
    -ERBE
    -Slash 4x4

RC Champion
    Here's how I did my front brace. I could'nt find a really good angle but I think you can see it good enough. Used soem carbon fiber rod ca'ed into a traxxas rod end and the other end just inserts inta a 1/4 inch deep hole in the body tower. I mainly rely on the rollcage to stop flexing though, I just added the braces because ti was a easy quick mod that didn't really interfere with anything else.

-ERBE
    -Slash 4x4

RC Champion
    Final question.. does it not make the truck more likely to break something if one should...hmm.. accidently hit something :-)
    Slightly Addicted

RC Racer
    Final question.. does it not make the truck more likely to break something if one should...hmm.. accidently hit something :-)
    You mean something like them trees that step out in front of you lol, well i haven't broken anything yet (must try harder )
    Last edited by granby; 04-04-2011 at 12:44 PM.

RC Champion
    No it still is one tuff truck. That age-old theory that stiffening one pArt stresses another area really doesn't seem to apply to this mod. The pushrods still allow the chassis and mount to bend a little. It's just not going the break the rear mount anymore since it is secured at two locations instead of one.

RC Champion
    depends on how hard you hit whatever you hit

This mod is more to prevent the front or rear of the chassis from flexing upwards in a bad landing from a jump and breaking the bulkheads. It doesn't make it where it can't flex, it makes where it is harder to flex it enough to break the bulks. A head on impact with an immovable object is still probably going to break stuff if your going fast enough but I don't see how the brace mod would make breakage more likely than it would be otherwise.
    -ERBE
    -Slash 4x4

RC Champion
    thanks all of you for the last replies...yep I meant that age-old theory....
    The mod will be in the book of cheapest mods, nice for a change
    Slightly Addicted

RC poster
    Hi im new here.
    I was searching for the chassis pushrod mod. So now I found it and reckognize that i have to build a mounting hole for the pushrod.

This amazing motormount from granby, where can i buy it? Because now i want it.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by matti86 View Post
    Hi im new here.
    I was searching for the chassis pushrod mod. So now I found it and reckognize that i have to build a mounting hole for the pushrod.

This amazing motormount from granby, where can i buy it? Because now i want it.
    Here you go http://www.hpp-germany.com/factory-s...ff46bc&info=28 price has gone down since i bought one