RC Qualifier

i bought a rustler

I got an SC8e and felt lost what to do with my slash, My friend was sellng his yellow XL-5 Rustler with crappy battery and charger for 50 bucks so I bought it. I loved going fast with my slash and because the rustler is smaller and lighter that ment i could go faster so i moved alot of my stuff over, this is what was born.

+
    whats left of my once great slash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jS3DjAIhgQ
    Last edited by Omega Convoy; 04-04-2011 at 10:40 PM.
    E-maxx 3905
    outlaw RPM VXL Slash
    summit

RC Competitor
    nice nice! I'm sure that if you don't like it, which you will like it, you can just swap the systems back to your Slash. $50? Thats a STEAL! It looks pretty well off- Clean. Have fun with it, and congrats!
    Just call me Zoo. MM 5700 in a Rusty

RC Qualifier
    What I don't like is it has no hex screws, i hate philips and im thinking about combining the old rustler parts with my outlaw slash chassis and selling it at my LHS/Track but unsure for how much because the chassis by it self was 120 shipped
    E-maxx 3905
    outlaw RPM VXL Slash
    summit

I can see in the video that the Rustler came out amazing... looks like you need to utilize that wheelie bar a bit more put it on a flatter setting lol
    Monster Baja Sla2h VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    I always ran my slash on 3s, I can't believe 2s packs preform this well. All I have to do now is buy some 3s packs that fit this
    E-maxx 3905
    outlaw RPM VXL Slash
    summit

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Why not switch over the RPM towers and arms also... use your blue turnbuckles... pretty much everything from your slash will fit on the rustler. Then youd have narrow rear arms and coudl run 4 front offset wheels all the way around (or even run your slash wheels... that looks cool too)

Very nice looking truck all lowered down like that. I like it. Just a note though, a wing is actually slower than no wing. I tried one when I was doing some speed runs last year at over 60mph the wing was costing me 5mph... once removed the truck went 5mph faster. Just a thought... it does look very cool though.

RC Racer
    That thing is bad looking! I like it!
    Slash VXL 2wd Greg Adler
    Rustler VXL-5
    CRF 450 R

RC Qualifier
    I ran it without the wing and it didn't wheelie as much, I put it on as a joke at first but I like the way it looks and it helps me wheelie and as for the rest of the parts. I want to get an aluminum front bulkhead then I can move my better slash parts over to it and for the rear tower I want to get a hex screw set then I can move all the stuff over at one time.
    E-maxx 3905
    outlaw RPM VXL Slash
    summit

RC Qualifier
    Its been raining so, I tryed some hydroplaning. After about 15 minutes of that I decided to run the rest of the pack WOT on my street. When I was turning around at about half throttle I hit a rock that was in a blind spot due to some tall grass. I dont know how it broke. This thing has had harder kart wheels and my slash has had harder impacts too.

E-maxx 3905
    outlaw RPM VXL Slash
    summit

RC Enthusiast
    That's unfortunate, but if that's the original bulkhead from an old yellow-ESC Rustler, I'm sure it's taken it's share of lumps.
    I was a little skeptical when I switched to a STRC aluminum bulkhead, but it's been great.

I agree, $50 is a steal, even for an XL-5. I already have two Rustlers, but for $50, I'd sure take a third.
    I <3 Gummy Bears.

RC Qualifier
    REM the people who make a Tranny case for it have one for 27 but for now im just gonna rob my slash some more
    E-maxx 3905
    outlaw RPM VXL Slash
    summit

RC Enthusiast
    I forgot to add this to my last post, but an RPM front bumper might have saved you there. It's a must-have on a Rustler, IMO.
    I <3 Gummy Bears.

RC Qualifier
    The tire hit the it and I moved the rest of my front end Slash stuff over bumper and everything.
    E-maxx 3905
    outlaw RPM VXL Slash
    summit