RC Enthusiast

Wheels and tires, 30 series

i like the look of the 30 series tires but i don't see beadlocks for this setup. In the market for 2.8" or below wheel and tire setup slightly wider/taller than stock. to prevent high centering.

dirt hawgs 2.8" 30 series look good love big wheels, but also the ease of beadlocks.

what you guys runnin?

RC Champion
    I've heard the Dirt Hawgs are AWESOME and last forever.

RC Racer
    Currently running Imex Claw Dawg with Junfac Mudrock beadlocks

RC Enthusiast
    I read your thread about the imex how do you like that setup? i definitely like the look of that setup.

RC Racer
    They work really good. They are heavier than most tires and slow the truck down on long straight-ways but other than that there great. No wheel wobbles either.

RC Champion
    one bad thing about dirt hawgs...if you have alot of power on them and if your camber is not 0 degrees it will wear unevenly and wobble and bounce your car like mad. I had it happen to me. plus the beadlocks get scratched so easily. I drove in gravel for a half of a second and the beads were destroyed
    Hows that nitro taste on your electric?

RC Enthusiast
    i almost went with imex swamp dawgs because they look like super swampers, but i went with the imex claw dawgs, and junfac gt 2.2's should be better on asphalt.
    Last edited by svtford4x4; 04-13-2011 at 03:13 PM.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by svtford4x4 View Post
    i almost went with imex swamp dawgs because they look like super swampers, but i went with the imex claw dawgs, and junfac gt 2.2's should be better on asphalt.
    Do you have a pic with the GT 2.2 on. I was going to get the GT beadlocks but went with the Mudrocks. Did you find that the GT rims was to narrow or did everything fit on nicely with the imex's.

RC Enthusiast
    i just ordered them i am waiting for them to ship

RC Enthusiast
    i just got the imex tires in they look good. have you tried running them without the foam inserts mackenzie?

i will post some pics if you want, after i fix the drive shafts and get the rims.

RC Racer
    svtford4x4: I put one tire together with out the foam inserts, but the tire was way to soft. I also thought the foams that came with the imex weighed to much and was a little hard so I reused the foam inserts that came with the Yokohama's. I just ordered some of the G-made GT beadlocks so I can also run the Yokohama's, I was wondering where you bought yours from? If you have time some pictures would be awesome.

RC Enthusiast
    the tires i ordered from tower hobbies shipped super fast. the rims i ordered straight from junfac looks like you can run different hub caps on the wheels. I'm starting to wonder about the g-made air system not sure if that is included with the rims or not.

RC Racer
    svtford4x4: I think the air system is a totally different type of rim. I wanted to buy the rims that included the center cap (they were $24 with the cap and $13 with out per pair). I couldn't find any body that carried the ones with the cap not even Junfac, so I bought the rims from tcscrawlers.com. Their based out of Arizona so they should get here quickly. My first pair I bought from Junfac and the shipping only took 8 days (not bad coming from Korea and only $8 shipping!) let me know if you find out where to buy the center caps?
    Last edited by MacKenzie28; 04-16-2011 at 04:26 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    http://www.gmade.net/bbs/zboard.php?...&desc=asc&no=8

has the part number there to also some other accessories below that.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by svtford4x4 View Post
    dirt hawgs 2.8" 30 series look good love big wheels, but also the ease of beadlocks.

\
    Ease of Beadlocks? I would rather glue, took forever putting in 4,000 bolts per wheel. I put JConcepts Tense wheels on the revo I converted to a summit. Like the look on the truck, but they are heavy! Slow the truck down. I put 2.2" Switch tires on it from Proline (which are meant for the Slash), LOVE them. But I was not impressed with the quality of the wheels. Plastic cracked when I put some bolts in. It was a pain in the *** to get the tires to sit correctly in the bead. The pre drilled holes for the bolts were way too tight, leading to bolt heads stripping out. I had to drill the holes out larger for a proper fit. Just my 2 cents worth...
    'Brushless...RCs Magnacharger'

RC Enthusiast
    16 screws per wheel isn't too bad with maybe a bit driver on a low torque setting. cleaning the glue off i'm sure is not the easiest thing.

could always run a tap through the mounting threads. strip, drill oversize, repeat. although i hope to not have to remove the tires too often.

RC Racer
    You won't be disappointed with the G-made beadlocks. I've dismounted them at least 5 times with a bit driver, trying different tires and screws for looks, haven't striped a hole yet. I clicked on your link but I didn't see a place where you could buy them. I also looked on Junfac website but the part number doesn't exist. As far as gluing tires I've always hated it, all personal pref.

RC Enthusiast
    ya the only other sites to purchase are in korean i believe. the only thing i was worried about so far was the massive foams that came with the imex tires i was thinking something half the density would be ideal.

RC Enthusiast
    maybe they make universal 6 lug center caps, i've seen some center caps that serve as a wheel nut as well.

RC Enthusiast
    http://www.montanascaledesigns.com/s...products_id=65

wheel nut that might be an easy adapt to center cap if the 6 holes line up the same, just throwing this out there but i believe threading on the stock axles are 4mm x 0.7mm

RC Enthusiast
    has anyone ran weights in the front or back on these trucks? to help with the massive wheelie'n?

i might give a couple different weights out if the stock foams don't work out.

RC Enthusiast
    http://www.vanquishproducts.com/vp-slw-hex-hubs.html

http://www.vanquishproducts.com/dh-p...x-spacers.html

closest thing i've found could always modify any hex like figure to be mounted on the rim with a mill/drill press. but i might try giving junfac a call and just asking them if they sell the center caps first.

RC Racer
    I took the foam inserts from the HPI Yokohama, felt much better with those foams vs the Imex. That would be pretty cool if those center caps and wheel adapters work. Gona email Junfac about the center caps.

RC Enthusiast
    okay so from left to right left is with the foam insert middle is the original and the farthest to the right is no foam which is surprisingly stiff the air bleeds out and fills up the tire slower than the original setup

RC Racer
    How do you like the rims. I got mine earlier this week. I mounted them with the Yokohama's.

RC Enthusiast
    tucking the tires into the lip around the rim was a bit of a pain i ended up tucking in one end then running 2 screws in and working my way around the rim. i also cut a allen wrench so it would fit in the drill. but i haven't drove it im waiting on some axles, and a pin fell out of my front drive shaft.