RC Qualifier

What would you do w/a nib Monster Camaro?

I just purchased a nib Monster camaro for what I think is a decent price,not sure if its worth hanging onto for a while,or selling it to push on with getting a mini revo/summit.Is this thing gonna be worth anything 10 years down the road?

RC Champion
    probobly traxxas only made a 100 of them
    and i've seen them for a $1000 each so as long as you keep it mint you bound to get somthing in ten years but know how these rc antiques work out for priceing could be 60-1500

RC Qualifier
    If its sealed itll hold its value and go up

RC Qualifier
    It still is sealed in the factory plastic,so i guess I'll hold onto it for awhile.

RC Racer
    I don't think I could deal with the temptation I would have to burry it in a closet. Out of sight out of mind
    DCB M41 Snapon

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothie7 View Post
    I don't think I could deal with the temptation I would have to burry it in a closet. Out of sight out of mind
    Tell me about it,I just want to rip the box open everytime I walk by it.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I have 2... one has never been run... but the box was open (as this was a display car for a raffle) but it was unused. So I took out the motor/ESC and the radio and sold those but kept the rest of the car in new condition. It sits on my shelf. But then I got looking at it and its just too nice to have sitting around so I bought one that a guy here on the forum had won and run a few times but was still in excellent condition. So now I have one to run and one to keep.
    If I had a brand new one in the sealed wrapper, thats exactly how it would stay... sealed.

And just for reference sake, they sell on e-bay now for $350-400 sealed... no where near $1000

RC Enthusiast
    But if Traxxas decides to start selling them, value might go down. Just run it and have fun.

Driving is not a leisure time activity.
    Driving is not a leisure time activity.

Traxxas will never sell these... they MAY sell just the unpainted body at some point, but they will NEVER sell the West Coast Customs Monster Camaro... im not saying theyre going to be worth a million dollars, but its a shame to just run one and beat it up.

If a person got one of these and didnt really care about it being a limited edition, they would be VERY well advised to sell the body and wheels and buy a stock rally body and stock rally wheels. They could likely come away with $75 or more in their pocket and STILL have a great car to run. Lost of people would buy the body and wheels/tires for probably $100-150... A new rally body sells for about $40 on e-bay and you can buy rally tires and set of wheels for about $30.

RC Qualifier
    I bought a rally vxl on ebay last night,so this camaro is gonna get burried in the closet so my son and his friends don't get curious as to whats inside. I know these things won't be worth much,but they are going for about $400.00 on ebay right now,so my initial $200.00 buy in price isn't so bad.

You only paid $200... argggg... thats just too good a deal... no fair.

Heres mine:

RC Qualifier
    A friend of a friend works for coca cola, and had 4 of them,3 nib and 1 his son plays with.I tried getting the others,but he wanted to keep them.

RC Enthusiast
    i'd be making a vacuum frame, cast a mold of that body and make a mint on ebay

the ken block bodies sell for 60-70 bucks, a clear camaro would do that easy.
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 04-16-2011 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Language

RC Enthusiast
    ^ meh I doubt it, only reason KB body sells for that is because of the sticker and paintjob it has, if it was just clear it won't sell for that much

RC Qualifier
    eventually the block parts will go down in price, the bodies are already going down in price. As for the camaro, I wonder if they will just release it.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Nissanguy8 View Post
    eventually the block parts will go down in price, the bodies are already going down in price. As for the camaro, I wonder if they will just release it.
    They won't release the camaro
    Rally SV2/4600 and fully loaded

The Ken Block is not a limited edition... the Camaro IS a limited edition.

RC Champion
    WHEN DID TRAXXAS COME OUT WITH CAMAROS?!?!!

God answers prayer,pray believe,never give up!!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 1979chevy. View Post
    WHEN DID TRAXXAS COME OUT WITH CAMAROS?!?!!

God answers prayer,pray believe,never give up!!!
    Around the beginning of the year. They were a promotional run for monster and it sounds like there were only about a 100 made. They were never meant to be sold but a few people on here have either won or bought one from somebody.

RC Qualifier
    Sorry to say I heard from a local mtn bike shop they made 1000 of them, so im sure we will be seeing alot of them before they come down to reality prices....but i am addicted too and saw one on ebay that came with a hat wristband and something else for 430...hahaha...no im not in unless its est 200.....anyone here see the rc car action ken block revo?
    waiting for Traxxas to make something new!

I think id be trusting traxxas employees VS a guy at a MTN bike shop... why on earth would HE know... so often, guys at shops are the last to have accurate information... This forum is where i go for my info.

I do believe there were more than 100 made... but not many more. Youd be seeing them far more often if they made 1000.

RC Qualifier
    Monster does some mtn bike sponser stuff also
    waiting for Traxxas to make something new!

RC poster
    i also have the camaro edition rally. ran it 5 packs through and then lost reverse so its just a shelf queen for right now. you think traxxas will replace my esc even though they dont sell the monster edition?
    Slayer Pro
    Slash 4x4
    Slash Br
    Slash BL

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    I think id be trusting traxxas employees VS a guy at a MTN bike shop...
    But he looks like he's a really good biker...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ibash alot View Post
    i also have the camaro edition rally. ran it 5 packs through and then lost reverse so its just a shelf queen for right now. you think traxxas will replace my esc even though they dont sell the monster edition?
    they should it's thesame ESC used inall the other Minis....and if it's still under warranty.(Idk if yous was bought new or used.)

and IMO run it...it's just a body...Like my Scott Douglas Slash body...it's got a fender on it from another body and it's beaten to crap Lol..and it's the original one. now if it were a hard body..like that used for a scale crawler..then it might be a keeper...(the hard body on my Scaler is ultra rare because it's one of those Dale Earnhardt SS intimidator bodies(not a Tamiya body or anything)...but i've hacked it up and modded it..oh I also removed all the Dale Earnhardt decals and repainted it.)

though I have a lexan body I'll NEVER run because it's a one of a kind..."Trix" cereal themed J-Concepts Dare body I won in a friends contest...just too nice of abody...

here it is so you guys know i"m not lying...(Pics or it didn't happen right?)

and it's100% airbrushed with hand cut paint masks...no stickers at all

and my Dale Earnhardt SS

i'm sure some other companywill release a camaro body...such as Pro-Line
    Fluttershy is best pony.

RC poster
    i ripped mine out of the box, drove it, and beat it to heck.

it's a toy.

Edited for language. If you see a starred out word in your post, the word has been blocked by the language filter. Please remove these words from your post in the future, or warning points will likely be issued.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 06-04-2011 at 08:58 PM.
    '69 Monster Camaro

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Restlessrustler View Post
    anyone here see the rc car action ken block revo?
    Yes, its just a custom body with the Kawasaki Summit edition wheel hubs/wheels/rings (wheels painted/dyed black) and chevron tires:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-T...#ht_2650wt_754

And on the Camaro, I say keep it in a closet or w/e. They are going for 300-400, but who knows in 5-10yrs when everyone has played and broke theirs what it will sell for. I only have a Camaro body (got it from pave nonetheless lol) and no wheels, but I am still keeping the body in a bag on the shelf =p
    Everything overpowered...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by QYKSLVR View Post
    Yes, its just a custom body with the Kawasaki Summit edition wheel hubs/wheels/rings (wheels painted/dyed black) and chevron tires:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-T...#ht_2650wt_754

And on the Camaro, I say keep it in a closet or w/e. They are going for 300-400, but who knows in 5-10yrs when everyone has played and broke theirs what it will sell for. I only have a Camaro body (got it from pave nonetheless lol) and no wheels, but I am still keeping the body in a bag on the shelf =p
    there was also a "Custom" E-Revo done up for Ken Block himself...nothing really fancy..just green beadlock rings...anodized green 17mm hubs a green stock body with some Monster Stickers on it....any one could duplicate it if they wanted to...
    Fluttershy is best pony.

RC Champion
    Thats what I was referring to sir, is the one-off E-Revo Traxxas did for him. Its not so much one-off besides the body. the rest is attainable.

RC Champion
    the price might go up in the future. then again it might drop because it is a easy kit to copy. all you really need to copy is the box and body. and after seeing the early tamiya fakes anything is possible.
    slash revo vxl x4 rally x2 ped 2wd slash vxl rus

RC Champion
    You also need the wheels.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    they should it's thesame ESC used inall the other Minis....and if it's still under warranty.(Idk if yous was bought new or used.)

and IMO run it...it's just a body...Like my Scott Douglas Slash body...it's got a fender on it from another body and it's beaten to crap Lol..and it's the original one. now if it were a hard body..like that used for a scale crawler..then it might be a keeper...(the hard body on my Scaler is ultra rare because it's one of those Dale Earnhardt SS intimidator bodies(not a Tamiya body or anything)...but i've hacked it up and modded it..oh I also removed all the Dale Earnhardt decals and repainted it.)

though I have a lexan body I'll NEVER run because it's a one of a kind..."Trix" cereal themed J-Concepts Dare body I won in a friends contest...just too nice of abody...

here it is so you guys know i"m not lying...(Pics or it didn't happen right?)

and it's100% airbrushed with hand cut paint masks...no stickers at all

and my Dale Earnhardt SS

i'm sure some other companywill release a camaro body...such as Pro-Line
    Where could i find that chevy truck body? I have an 03 chevy duramax and would love to have replica r/c body of it

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by SlydwyzSlash View Post
    Where could i find that chevy truck body? I have an 03 chevy duramax and would love to have replica r/c body of it
    Hmm...honestly no idea...I bought this body on RCCrawler.com Paid $50 shipped for it...which is a steal. I've looked for a 2nd body like this and haven't found one that wasn't hacked up...this one was mint.

butyou could TRY eBay...it might be along shot finding this Body/RC...as it's not in production anymore...(hasn't been since 2003-2004) It was al imited Run and was put out as a "Dale Earnhardt Intimidator SS"...there's also a 1/6 scale Jesse James Silverado SS but ti's not as good looking as this one IMO
    Fluttershy is best pony.

RC Racer
    I had that same Body on a custom built crawler of mine. Sold it about a year ago:-( I wish I would have kept it.
    Heres Mine

Traxxas Slash 4x4
    Traxxas Slash 2x4
    Stampede 4x4

RC Champion
    rc's are for bashing sell body and wheels and just drive hard
    Does more $ = More fun?
    Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    I had one of those silverrado SS bodies. Ima go and try finding it!