Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by well spoken waffles View Post
    i've been out of the lipo loop for a little too long - how low a voltage should a 2 cell lipo reach before tripping low voltage? mine are dropping to 7.8 volts, and i can't remember whether this is correct or not (it sounds like it isn't considering the big "7.4 volts" wording on the pack)

If you have an adjustable LVC

Set it at 3.4v / cell and aim for a resting voltage of 3.7v / cell

Cheers
    Slash Platinum
    Xerun 150 / Tenshock SC401 3500kv

RC Racer
    adding to the compatible battery list - wheelspin models has just got stock of these 2 cell hard case lipos

http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/109536/

they look rather good (and better value than the orion ones), so i might look to grab one and give it a test.
    Formerly known as "Wiggy Fuzz".

RC Racer

finally in the lipo club!

heres another option for you folks that cant wait for those backordered 3s'. they fit nice and snug, only modification needed was to trim a little off the batt doors to allow the wires to stick out. very fairly priced @ 11 bucks a pop.

RC Qualifier
    Sky lipo 2200mah 40c 7.4v 2s fits like a champ , you will need a strap to pull out. Sky lipo 1300mah 11.1v 3s does not fit! Plenty of length and width nut it's too thick and bow the opening and will not allow you to clip the door shut. Bummer

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by stss95 View Post
    Which of these batterys come with a traxxas connector?
    SPC's just now re-stocked on 2s and 3s LiPo 'mini' packs with Traxxas plugs. They seem to have a good reputation and the price is decent. I just ordered a pair so will have to report back how they turn out (my first LiPo cells... woo).
    The prototype project.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by prototyp View Post
    (my first LiPo cells... woo).
    Prepare to fall in love...
    Are the tires supposta to blow off going into 2nd?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    spc mini packs back in stock!!!!!

but the company is on vacation for a week

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Everyone need a break now and then.

RC Competitor
    which lipo have hard casing?

RC Racer
    Wondering what charge times are of like a 2s 2200 lipo with a 5 amp or similar charger. Is there any specific equation that gives you an approximate charge time per size of lipo?

RC Champion
    Any pack charged at 1c (2.2 amps for a 2200mah pack) will take 60 minutes or so from empty

Cheers
    Slash Platinum
    Xerun 150 / Tenshock SC401 3500kv

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir.Yilufa View Post
    which lipo have hard casing?
    Team Orion has some....

The link to an on-line retailer has been removed. Please review Rule 11 of the Traxxas On-Line Community Rules, which prohibits the posting of links to on-line retailers.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 07-17-2011 at 08:22 PM.
    Never do anything half fast. Hey Ya'll, watch this

RC Competitor
    rhino 1050 3s lipo 40 c

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by M5burndt View Post
    Prepare to fall in love...
    Can't. Get the grin. Off my face. The sort of "warp-speed" thing LiPo does when you give it the full goose is just staggering.

One thing I hadn't anticipated was just how tightly these new SPC cells fit the 1/16 battery box. They're the same length, width, and a little more squared off in profile than the usual 7.2 NiMh so there's no wiggle room. The wires are FAT, and come out toward the side on the back corner, stacked vertically, so will require battery-door trimming:

Last edited by prototyp; 07-19-2011 at 01:43 AM.
    The prototype project.

RC Qualifier
    Is it tight in length width or height? I just got my SPC 2s 25C packs in today and they fit great (except for the wires like you said) They are actually really skinny in the battery compartment, but i can get away without trimming the door. Did you get the 3s packs? I'm assuming those are a little larger.

Ill put some picks up later today i've got to go to work now.
    Last edited by M5burndt; 07-19-2011 at 09:31 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Got the 2s packs, I'd assume from the same batch as yours.

Length is roomy, I added a little foam block on the non-wire end to keep the battery from shifting around. Height is roomy as well, but it's the width that's tight. Could say the width's perfect, as the battery is a snug fit and the door just closes around it. Definitely not moving around...

I'd love to see how you got those bundle-of-snakes wires through the door without cutting... that was the first non-reversible mod I've had to do to my chassis (outside dying, of course).
    The prototype project.

RC Qualifier
    Here are some pics of my setup. I was able to get away with not cutting the battery door because i put the lipo balance lead inside the battery box which also keeps it snug lengthwise. I'm sorry for the bad pictures, i took them last night in the dark and had to use a flash. But you can still see everything.

Here it is compared to my 3s dynamite pack.

Side View

The door is a little tight though...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by prototyp View Post
    I'd love to see how you got those bundle-of-snakes wires through the door without cutting... that was the first non-reversible mod I've had to do to my chassis (outside dying, of course).
    Try cutting the vanes out of the battery vent and then pass the connector and leads out through the vent.

RC Enthusiast
    Just want to warn everyone that ***** seemed to have modified their manufacturing process and are now wrapping the LiPo cells in this plastic white "tape" which has some sort of foam sandwiched between so it's adding quite a few MM especiallty to the length and height of the battery.

Not sure if this is a production change across the board or not.
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 02-18-2013 at 06:33 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I'll be able to tell about the fit of these in a few days

RC Champion
    Boost **** 2450 2s. Ran 2 in parallel for close to an hour then put 2301mah into 1 pack and 2199 into the other. I hope the 3s is just as good.
    Never do anything half fast. Hey Ya'll, watch this

RC Racer
    excuse the noob question, but what is the 25c, 40c, 50c etc stand for?

RC Qualifier
    Those are discharge ratings. They are given in terms of the capacity of the battery pack.A 30C pack can put out 30 times its own capacity. (Ex: a 2000mah pack with a discharge rating of 25C can put out a maximum of 50 amps.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kawi View Post
    excuse the noob question, but what is the 25c, 40c, 50c etc stand for?

RC Qualifier
    hyperion 3s 30c 1600mah pack, be sure to have the hyperion balance board, otherwise you have to drive all the way BACK to the lhs like me

RC Competitor
    You can just change the position of the wires in the connector to make it work with the normal balance board.
    As it turns out both Hyperion and JST-Xh use the same basic plug. They are both .1in spacing and have the same footprint. The only real difference is that the Hyperion plug has a catch for the connector clip. So a Hyperion connector will plug right into a JST-XH plug but we know they are not all wired the same. If you are using a 4s, 5s or 6s Hyperion pack then the connector and wiring is 100% compatible with any JST-XH balancer. If you are using a 2s or 3s pack then some modification is needed in the form of shifting some pins around so they are in the correct places.

It is that simple, really it is. Just take a tiny screw driver or knife blade and carefully push the catch down on the pin you want to move until it just pops. The pull the pin out, bend the catch back up with a knife and push it into the right hole. Just make sure you do the pins one at a time so you don't have a potential short or mess up the order of the pins.

This can be reversed but I very much doubt you would ever want to because JST-XH is so common, much more so than Hyperion.

There is a diagram as well where I got this from. to get there google "all about lipo balance connectors. website is by TJinTech.

RC Qualifier
    sweet, i'll see if it works out for me. that way i won't have to buy 3 more balance boards (have 2 duo chargers in my charging station). for some reason, i receive two shipments from amainhobbies, but since they screwed me over a year ago i'm not complaining
    Last edited by Umar Musa; 09-01-2011 at 10:53 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash Mcgillicutty View Post
    You can just change the position of the wires in the connector to make it work with the normal balance board.
    As it turns out both Hyperion and JST-Xh use the same basic plug. They are both .1in spacing and have the same footprint. The only real difference is that the Hyperion plug has a catch for the connector clip. So a Hyperion connector will plug right into a JST-XH plug but we know they are not all wired the same. If you are using a 4s, 5s or 6s Hyperion pack then the connector and wiring is 100% compatible with any JST-XH balancer. If you are using a 2s or 3s pack then some modification is needed in the form of shifting some pins around so they are in the correct places.

It is that simple, really it is. Just take a tiny screw driver or knife blade and carefully push the catch down on the pin you want to move until it just pops. The pull the pin out, bend the catch back up with a knife and push it into the right hole. Just make sure you do the pins one at a time so you don't have a potential short or mess up the order of the pins.

This can be reversed but I very much doubt you would ever want to because JST-XH is so common, much more so than Hyperion.

There is a diagram as well where I got this from. to get there google "all about lipo balance connectors. website is by TJinTech.
    sweet bro, this worked out proper!

RC Qualifier
    does anyone have any experience with the integy 3s 1800mah batt? im trying to pick a 3s and i cant decide between it, the spc 1500 and the traxxas 1400mah. any help would be appreciated.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by M5burndt View Post
    Here are some pics of my setup. I was able to get away with not cutting the battery door because i put the lipo balance lead inside the battery box which also keeps it snug lengthwise. I'm sorry for the bad pictures, i took them last night in the dark and had to use a flash. But you can still see everything.

Here it is compared to my 3s dynamite pack.

Side View

The door is a little tight though...
    That dynamite 3s battery isn't puffed? watch out
    MERV

RC Racer
    anyone try the traxxas lipos yet
    my life sucks

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by davidemaxx View Post
    anyone try the traxxas lipos yet
    I'm using the 7.2 volt two cell 2200mah. THERE awesome. Now admittedly I've never owned or felt with lipos but they kick . Last long than the stock nickle batteries and have more punch!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 09-06-2011 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Language

Mods, please sticky this tread...
    My Summit summits.

RC poster
    Is there an updated list of what works, maybe split into 3s and 2s?

RC Competitor
    bump.. because this thread is good

Sticky?

RC poster
    So... has anyone tried the Traxxas 3s 25c 1400mah Lipos? Item #2823.

Thinking about tossing the nimhs and running 3s in parallel, but the Venom 1300mahs are definitely cheaper.

RC Competitor
    I was wondering the same.. Seems like they would be descent.. 25c 1400 .. hmmm.. I run a single boost 1800 mAh 45-55c and its almost to much, way to tough to control most of the time

RC Qualifier
    So out of all of these batteries mentioned in the previous threads, what is the cheapest as well as the best one that you guys have tested/used???

RC poster
    Anything above 35c is too much discharge rate imo. Even 30c is plenty enough.

I would think ( although I don't own them ) that the venoms are the best bang for the buck, but the Traxxas ones have a better discharge rate, mah, and the wires are more tighty.

So if you want to pony up another 7 bucks per battery, the Traxxas ones would take the cake. Especially since they definitely make their own batteries to specs for their vehicles, and they can't really blame you if their own batteries caused something to go cabloooie. ( unless they blame you for miss using the battery )

RC poster
    Well it's just my opinion, based on the: pricing, how well it fits, if it already has a traxxas connector on it so you don't have to solder one on yourself ( for those that prefer to keep the traxxas one ) and a few other factors.

If you like to utilize another battery, that's great too.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah i'm running venom 2 1320mah 3s lipos that are a very tight squeeze height wise and 2 2s 2200 mah venom lipos that fit nearly perfectly. But I also just got in yesterday 2 duratrax nimh 1600 6 cells that are tiny compared to the 2s's. Thanks for the help guys!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast