Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ipod touch

RC Qualifier

Ipod touch

Would a jail breaked ipod touch be better than a psp 1000 hacked.

I want something that has good internet like the ipod touch, and i know ipod touchs have blue tooth and if you download a app called ibluever you can use a phone that does not have internet but that has bluetooth and use it for internet.

I really want a ipod touch-i wonder if i could trade my psp 1000 and mini slash for one.

And the psp go has bluetooth and that can connect to internet using a phone too.
    Stupid 50 character Limit!!!!!

If you jailbreak you can do numerious things! Im not sure if it would be better than a PSP since I have never used one for internet or networking etc. but there are man options when using a iphone/touch.... if you do get it and jailbreak it I would reccommend downloading installous! its like the app store but full of cracked apps.

RC Qualifier
    Ok i will when i get one do you got one that youll trade me for.

I would totally trade you but I letterally just sold mine on eBay . But I couldn't be happier with my JB iPhone. You can customize anything from themes, sliders, icons, logos, bars etc. Then when you get tired of that go download Installous. But you can't simply just search and download in cydia. You have to add it as a source then download it. The source is http://cydia.hackulo.us/ I believe add as a source then download Installous 4. It's awesome and has kept me busy for months haha.

RC Qualifier
    Oh man i really want one, youi know any one else whos got one.

RC Competitor
    I have a jail broken iPod touch. Sorry I'm not selling, but it definitely is really cool. I got mine by lots of lawn mowing.
    Just call me Zoo. MM 5700 in a Rusty

RC Qualifier
    how would they be here on traxxas threads.

How would they run? I have been making every post on here with my iPhone, and it runs fine.

RC Qualifier
    I have had both a hacked PSP and a jailbroken iPod. If emulation of classic games is your thing, get a PSP. there are more emulators available for it, and using buttons to play them is soooo much easier than using a touch screen. Other than that, there isn't much it's good for. It lacks social networking of any form, the screen is okay at best, and the Internet browser, even the modified one for custom firmware, is still painfully slow due to psp's only supporting wirless b. (iPods run b/g/n, taking full advantage of whatever your ISP offers). For everything else, I am absolutely loving my jailbroken touch 4g.

RC Qualifier
    Im more of a little game guy and lots of internet surfing and apps

And movies

RC Champion
    i made my own firmwire for my ipod before the screen broke. took me forever but it was my own firmwire that nobody else could get. Took almost a year to develop it though and its very complicated. you have to know all the computer languages like c+, c++, and c# plus a few others
    Hows that nitro taste on your electric?

RC Qualifier
    Ha i bet thats my dad he is a computer maniact he can make his own stuff in a week.

Hes made a truck tracking device with other features.

RC Champion
    Well im only 13.

RC Qualifier
    iPod touches and iPhones are just awesome. They are amazing, fast devices with beautiful screens. They are great without jailbreaking, but jailbreaking opens up a whole new world.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    ERBE ~ Rusty VXL ~ Pede VXL ~ 2 Slash 4X4's

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ToXiC MeRv View Post
    Well im only 13.
    Oh, i wasntt rying to be mean, but hey thats pretty good to be already doing stuff like that at 13,youll get a good job lol.

RC Qualifier
    Is it hard to jail break them.

And there are 2 apps i want installous and iblueve,r are those hard to install.

I bluever is sopposed to connect to a phone with blue tooth so the ipod can have internet right.

Any other recomendations.

RC Champion
    Nowadays its very easy. Press one button...wait a few minutes, go to cydia and install installous and then do whatever. a long time ago though apple did something so you had to start the ipod in the jailbreaking software to get it to turn on. dont know if its fixed yet. it was only for the new 4.0 sofftware forever ago so it should not happen anymore

RC Qualifier
    Good, oh i forgot to dsay im getting one somone on he traded me one for some rc stuff and its a 3rd gen 8g, all i got to do is jail break it install installous and i bluever

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TMAXX HAWK View Post
    Is it hard to jail break them.

And there are 2 apps i want installous and iblueve,r are those hard to install.

I bluever is sopposed to connect to a phone with blue tooth so the ipod can have internet right.

Any other recomendations.

Its not too hard to jailbreak, its basically just involves running a program on your computer, and putting your ipod into DFU mode when it tells you to.

Yeah, Installous was as easy as adding the source hackulo.us and hitting the download button. Before anyone calls me out for piracy, I never said I used it.

Not sure about bluever, I just use my phone for internet when I need to.

There are also a ton of custom themes to change the appearance of apps. You can also get stuff like barrel, witch changes the home page scrolling animation, AndroidLock XT will give you a nine-point Android lock screen, and SbRotator will let you change your homescreen to landscape mode by rotating the device just like on an iPad.
    Last edited by VGP12; 05-18-2011 at 04:07 PM.

RC Qualifier
    sweet but illl start with the normal screen.

Were do i download the jailbreak. And installous

RC Qualifier
    Any one got a vid of axactly what i got to do.

My ipod touch im getting id the 3rd generation 8gb, and i dont want to haft rejailbreak everytime i shut it off.

RC Qualifier
    Any one got a vid of axactly what i got to do.

My ipod touch im getting id the 3rd generation 8gb, and i dont want to haft rejailbreak everytime i shut it off.
    Any one.............................

Rouleau, aka "Dog River", Saskatchewan, Canada
    I have an ipod touch gen 2, an ipad and an iphone 4, all of them jailbroken. cant beat em for ease of use on the internet. Im using the ipad to reply to this thread right now. I also have all 4 generations of the psp and a psp go and if your main focus is gonna be for online use then you dont want to go with the psp. Besides that, the psp go is being phased out due to the fact you cant play the umd disks. Also keep in mind when purchasing an ipod touch, that since the new ipad2 has come out, the original ipad is dropping in price and a low model ipad is not far off the price of a high model ipod touch, and the ipad is way cooler with way more capabilities. Also in regards to psp, the jailbroken ipad, ipod and iphones al, have emulators that can be downloaded for free, for every game system that ever existed.
    Never trust an "Atom", they make up everything.

In regards to your jailbreaking question, you will have to know what firmware the ipod has been upgraded too. The jailbreak you are talking about is called the tethered jailbreak and its a real pain because you have to reboot it with a pc or mac every time you turn it off or if it dies. You want the untethered jailbreak and it is available for all except the newest firmware out there. If you know the firmware that it has been updated to so far then i could tell you if it can accept the untethered jailbreak. Jailbreaking is super easy as long as you get the right program for the right firmware, and you can find it all for free of charge. With the correct program, its just a matter of hooking ipod to ur computer and a couple of mouse clicks and thats it.

RC Qualifier
    Well im not sure what firmware it has, there isnt a unteathered jailbreak yet.

Well im not sure what firmware it has, there isnt a unteathered jailbreak yet.
    Well its only a matter of time, for every new firmware update that has come out so far it has only been a matter of weeks until the jailbreak comes out. And since there is already a tethered jailbreak for the one that you want to get, then it wont be very long at all until the final untethered comes out.

RC Racer
    Use the video below, extremely helpful, just install the software (http://greenpois0n.com/downloads/) which isn't that big of a download, and follow what he does. Is also untethered which means you can turn your iPod on and off with out having to worry about re-installing the jailbreak.

Any other questions, I will be glad to help
    Cheers, Woofy
    Last edited by Woofy; 05-23-2011 at 07:08 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Is there a way not to have the skull on the apple. Because i dont like that.

Thanks for youre help.

If ur talking about the boot up logo of the skull instead of the apple, then no you dont have to use the skull. In the settings menu under the heading of extensions in the left column there will be a boot logos section that you can click on allowing you to change the boot logo back to the original apple logo. Also if you dont like the original apple logo for boot up, in ur cydia app there is a ton of free downloads that will add different boot logos which after installed will be available from the same menu i described above. There is even downloadable programs in cydia that allow you to make ur own personal logos too.
    Last edited by BaldyDaniels; 05-23-2011 at 10:42 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Sweet thanks for the hepl, there is a unterthered jailbreak for 4.33 firmware right

Yep looks like it. Thats the latest firmware too. I havent upgraded the firmware on any of my devices since 4.2.1. Its always a good idea to not upgrade to the newest firmware until you are sure that they have jailbroken it and untethered. Also good to google and read up about any new updates cuz sometimes the itunes updates will change some functions of ur device that you may have gotten used to and liked very much, so you might decide against updating.

RC Qualifier
    Sweet i be sure to jailbreak mine. i think it has been updated to 4.3.3 but its not jailbroke.

Thanks for all the help.

RC Qualifier
    Ok i got a problem. Ive been trying to jailbreak it but it wont,

I downloaded the 4.3.3 link for my version ipod touch which is the 3g and i downloaded redsnow. but it wont jailbreak and know i got to restore it.

Is it becuase my ipod touch version is only 4.2.1.

I need help.

The part of the jailbreak it doesnt work at is when i haft to hold the power and home buttons, when i do it does nothing.

This is the site link to the directions for your device. I refer back to this site every time there is an update cuz they are One of the fastest sites to have the update when it comes out. Plus their directions and walkthroughs are really easy to use.

http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak-...sn0w-tutorial/

RC Qualifier
    can you give the exact links of what i need to download im very confused.

my ipod touch is the 3rd gen and its 4.2.1.

RC Qualifier
    I did it never mind.

I got cydia, installous, and ibluever and a lot of games and apps. Any more recomendations.

Right on man, i knew you could figure it out. I had troubles when i was just learning to jailbreak, but once you learn how, its the same procedure for every upgrade and jailbreak.

Chronic tv app, sp & fm, istreamnet are all awesome if you like animated shows like cleveland show, family guy, futurama, american dad, aqua teen, south park and tons of others. Im pretty sure i downloaded them all through cydia, but if you do a search in cydia and it isn't there, the go to installous and search.

Download the game trucks and skulls through installous, wicked game. Death worm is addicting and so is all three versions of angry birds. Real racing 2 hd, need for speed hot pursuit, asphalt 6 and cops the game are all wicked racing games.

Both gangstar games are good if your into gta type games, but it puts gta to shame in every aspect of the game.

There you go man, all my favorites! thatll keep you busy for a while. remember that every app that you can buy at the app store, you can get for free from installous, but piracy is against the law. have fun.

Oh yeah and go onto ebay and get yourself the video output cable for your device, you wont regret it after you see how cool it is to just hold the device and pretty much just use it like a touch screen mouse while you watch and play everything on your tv! Excellent picture too. I got my ipad hooked up to the 63 inch plasma and its primo.

If you want an iphone 3g, well you pretty much have it all right in your hands, cuz you can get a device called the apple peel and its just a hard case for your device that has a ringer, microphone, ear speaker and a sim card slot. Just get put ur unit into the apple peel case and get a pay as you go or cell plan sim card and boom! U got urself an iphone 3g! Even looks identical when in the case. Check ebay for the "apple peel", you can usually find them for 50 - 75 bucks. Better than payin 3-600 bucks for an iphone hey?

RC Qualifier
    Sweet ill try them.

Ant the phone thing sounds sweet i want to try it, but i got no money.

thanks for your help.

Oh is there a app killer like on a droid.Like a pp thats shuts of the apps youve used.

No problem man. Theres a quick open menu that is installed when you jailbreak. In the very top of your screen on the border bar where all your signal strength and the time and date and battery life is, simply swipe from left to right anywhere on that border and a lil square menu will come down on the top left of your screen. Then click on processes and kill any you dont want running in the background. That menu also allows for easy access to turn off wifi n bluetooth as well as adjust brightness and a couple others.

RC Qualifier
    Hey I tried that and it didnt work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast