Thread: Smc lipo

Smc lipo

Finally i go to buy the erbe but i dont know if the smc 9000 mah lipo its a direct fit ? Its a good battery ? What runtime i get ?
    Once you get lipo you never go nitro.

about 45 min to an hour..depending on drive style.. Yes on the fit.

SMC 9000mAh/28C/2S/7.4V, Soft Case Lipo pack. 2S configuration, 12 gauge leads with Traxxas connector & JST-XH (Align-type) balancing connector. This pack is made to fit the Traxxas Summit and E-Revo vehicles.
    Last edited by 87 GN; 05-16-2011 at 11:44 AM.
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

thanks. i go to buy it from ebay $110 each

Would you go flip my truck back over??

but it appear to be out of stock ?

RC Champion
    It looks in stock. Did u get an error message or something? Buying straight from the manufacturer is always better if uou have any issues of any kind.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Says 3 in stock, you can always phone or email them to check, or look at other lipos options ( 30-40c 5000mah is preferable, though for more run time 25-35c 5000mah+ is fine ). There is no harm in buying smaller capacity lipos and just changing them over as the first packs run down- often works out cheaper than super-amazing high capacity packs..
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

RC Racer
    I think 5000mAh is ok for cost benefit issues.

8000mAh and 9000mAh is nice but these ones I only recommend for racers, no need to have all these mAh if you are a basher - they are very expensive... Spend some money some place else!

Thanks to all ! I just ordered direct from specracing and spent $185 compared to the $230 from ebay. Thnaks 87 Gn for your recomendation !

Serj„o_SJC_SP_BR Im not a racer but i want to take for lunch my friend Losi nitro xxl

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    cool. 4x9000 is the same as 6x6000 mah in watt hours. I run 6s 5800 mah, get about 40 minutes of run time. Although these packs are starting to show their age, they just don't take as many mah as they used to.

Personally, I don't like spending more than about $50 on a lipo, thats why I run cheapies. However, tell us how your big SMC's run, fit, etc etc.

Its cool your in Puerto Rico, I visited there once, and saw like 5 kids playing with various RC's. Seems like RC is strong down there.

ducati777 im gonna make a video of my system. Here in Puerto Rico are various tracks ( barcerloneta, juncos, arvaja, etc.) you can google it.

We are in a rc fever ! One of my friend buy a nitro savage for his 6 year old son lol !

RC Qualifier
    Como ta mi hermano!
    I run these packs in question by the OP and would definitely recommend them.
    I can run 3 x 5 minute heats on 1 charge @ 95% and still have 3.75-3.8v per cell in a 4s configuration.
    Then I run my other set @ 100% charge for the 20 minute main and not have to change batts and come off the track @ store mode.
    When running HV setups, higher C ratings are not as important as when running LV setups, these batts give me plenty power through the cycle but I am one of those guys who never like to run my batts down lower than nominal voltage, for many reasons.
    JESUS says: "Fix it B4 it Breaks!"