RC Enthusiast

seaking 180 got wet in side.

my spartan was bow up for about 1/2 hour in the water Need to say one thing 1st!
    i'm running 2 set of trim tabs now,the chin walking is gone so nice ..but now i can run at 100% 55 to 60 mph blow over happens now,witch is ok now i just need to control it lol, even with the packs to the front.
    back to the esc it stop working . so i took the the bottom cover off it had a maybe a 1/2 a teaspoon of water in it , i let it set over night it works now but no beeps for cell count but the led-light flashes the count and its right should i trust it. this time i liquid tape the in side the cover to pervent it again.
    has anyone ever recoverd from water damage and been fine?

thanks ken

RC Competitor
    Mine had water damage from buoy syndrome a week ago. After I dried it out it worked in forward, but go to reverse it would fault with a solid red on the led. I decided not to trust it and got another. This one I covered in liquid electric tape so I don't have to worry about it. I also reinforced the underside of the hatch cover (prevents it from flexing and popping out the front tab) with West coast Systems epoxy and colloidial silicate additive and haven't dislodged the hatch cover since.

Mike

RC Qualifier
    I'm sure the ESC will be fine. I've never taken apart an ESC but it sounds like some water residue/moisture might still be laying around the ESCs micro speaker preventing it from emitting sound. I would get a hair blow dryer or try the rice method to try and get that moisture out completely; Nevertheless i'm sure it will be fine.

...But yea, the Bow Up of Death (BUoD) as I like to call it got me on my very first run out, rendering my boat out of commission as water got inside. I believe the RX took the hit; but I have new replacement upgrades on the way...hopefully next weekend or the week after when everything comes in I can get her out on the water again. This time more protected...we learn from experience.

Happy Boating!
    **I hope there are RCs in Heaven; EMBE + 6S FTW!**

RC Qualifier
    Liquid electrical tape, just slap it on allover?

RC Enthusiast
    Yes around the 4 sides around the caps, cover all the board around the wires top & bottom side.
    the gasket for the bottom cover is not very water tight.
    make sure that Seam is covered well and put a dab on the 4 screw heads,this should prolong the life of the esc if it gets wet,
    i should have known better my brushless e maxx I had to waterproof the castle creation monster esc, with liquid tape as well.

RC Competitor
    Just tape the hatch,

'DOH!

top wont rip off when it wrecks.

As is tradition here in Canada! And now the Prince is ripping her arm off!

RC Competitor
    I always tape my hatch too, but the thin plastic flexes too much and it still pops off. I haven't lost it since reinforcing it with west systems epoxy.

RC poster
    I just fliped mine and filled it with water pulled it all down and dryed it out should i pull the motor apart or will it be right i sprayed it with silicone spray and ran it untill was hot

Edited for language abuse. If you see starred out words in your post, please edit them out to avoid earning warning points.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 09-18-2011 at 05:09 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by hippy2stroke View Post
    I just fliped mine and filled it with water pulled it all down and dryed it out should i pull the motor apart or will it be right i sprayed it with silicone spray and ran it untill was hot
    Use WD40 instead of silicone spray. Silicone spray may also work, but WD40 was designed as a water displacer.

hog
    Last edited by cooleocool; 09-18-2011 at 05:09 PM. Reason: modified quote

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by makaveli72 View Post
    ....but it sounds like some water residue/moisture might still be laying around the ESCs micro speaker.....
    There is no speaker.The motor is emiting this sounds.