Thread: New Sumit owner

RC Racer

New Sumit owner

Picked up a Summit used off ebay, It is so much fun. I have been having a ball with it as my yard couldn't be any more perfect for it. Hills, rocks and some open area to run a little. I did some minor modifications to it, lowered body a little, plan to drop it more. fixed a few little things the PO left loose, or had wrong. I haven't touched my E-maxx since getting this. I love my maxx and don't plan to get rid of it, but the Summit is a lot of fun. I was wondering if anyone has some aftermarket axle shafts for it, it seems to have a creaking noise as driving in low range, I think it's one of the shafts, not sure if it's going to let go or if they make that sort of noise? Also how reliable is the metal rod that does the locker engageing/disengaging? Seems to me they could have come up with something better than that, any insight as to any mods people have for that would be great...also any parts I should have on hand, locker parts, trans parts?
    Your signature is not appropriate Please change it

RC Qualifier
    I have all "MIP Axles" in my Super Summit...

I got my Axles here...http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...P?&C=CMC&V=MIP
    Traxxas T-Maxx ABMOD 33
    Traxxas Dual 700HO Summit

RC Racer
    Thanks, not sure why but I thought MIP didn't have them due to one being shorter than other, I think I read it on a old forum, maybe before they made them. How they hold up so far?

RC Racer
    MIP axles are great if you set them up properly and take care of them periodically.

Spare parts should include but not be limited to:
    Spur gears
    Axle shafts (if not MIP)
    Body clips
    Complete differential assembly
    Phone number to your LHS

That's about it, these things are built beyond tough.
    Waffles!

RC Racer
    so i have noticed, took a few cartwheels down some pretty big hills lately, turn it back over and kept on running. friend with a MERV ran into the summit and broke his sterring servo and servo horn today, ok he didn't break it on the Summit but the rock he hit right after, but I just say he broke it on the summit. The MERV on lipo is pretty fast

RC Racer
    went to the beach, so much fun

RC Racer
    Having a race, bash and crawl day tomorrow at my house. Will have some pictures and video to put up. Can't wait to run over some other rc cars tomorrow