Thread: The Beach

RC Competitor

The Beach

I have a few questions about the beach because I am going this summer. My first is will stock tires on the 4x4 work in the sand? What is the best drive shaft mod for the beach? Also is there anything specific that i would need too? Thanks

RC Racer
    I ran on the beach and used an undertray and an outerwears shroud. Didn't have any trouble with the stock tires as long as you kept a good speed just like driving a regular car in the sand. You can't stop and floor it or you just shoot up sand.

But I ran stockers with the shroud/tray and it was so ****ed awesome.

RC Enthusiast
    Well just keep an eye out for rusting screws and ballbearings, other than that have fun.
    WiiiiiiBANG!doingdoingBAM! Dude, that was awesome!

RC Qualifier
    Proline sand paddles are awesome! Also I did the tape mod on the driveshaft and it worked great. The Outwears chassis shroud is a nice thing to have and it did a good job of keeping the sand out.

RC Champion
    Avoid salt water too, it will rust stuff faster, just like salt in the winter on the road
    Nothin' like a 4 on the floor and a V8

RC Competitor
    Ok thanks for the help im going to get the outerwears shroud and undertray.

RC Racer
    Personally the undertray is worthless in the sand. I do run the JConcepts overtray and it works great at keeping stuff out of the chassis.
    Old School E-Maxx

RC Competitor
    Outerwears + undertray should do very well for you.
    Slash 4x4 CC MMP SCT 2400kv (Purple Drink)

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by t9dragon View Post
    Personally the undertray is worthless in the sand. I do run the JConcepts overtray and it works great at keeping stuff out of the chassis.
    Would you need ecs fan and motor fan/heatsink with the overtray because that would probably make it really hot.

RC poster
    Speaking from personal experience, the beach is an epic place to run. Just don't stop and your stock tires with be fine. listen tot he people who say undertray, and avoid going directly in the water. If you do, make sure you wash the whole truck almost to the point of submerging it otherwise you may end up ruining your ESC. luckily I did this within warranty and they were nice enough to replace it.

With the undertray, it kept the mud out however some sand does till get in, I mean you are surrounded by the stuff it's not gonna be 100%

I apologize for the blatant bump.