RC poster

Slayer rookie needs help

I just bought a slayer pro last weekend and i ran 1 tank through it doing the break in stage and now it will not start. I had to hold my finger over the exhaust outlet for almost a min to get any fuel to go to the motor. Any suggestion would help

Thanks

Does it turn over? Glow plug still glow? Fuel flowing to the engine? Forget to release the fuel cut-off clip?
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    +1 to Double G.... There are many factors that can cause your engine not to start. The first thing to check would be your glow plug. If your glow plug is not getting hot, all the fuel in the world will not get get your engine running. It is common for a glow plug to fowl out from a rich condition in a new RTR engine. If your glow plug is okay, then you want to check your fuel delivery. Make sure all of your fuel lines are intact and that there are no leaks. Also check that your fuel tank cap is sealing properly to the tank. These engines require 3 things to run. These are, Fuel delivery, Ignition (glow plug), and Compression (which if the engine is new, this should not be an issue). Let us know what you find!

RC poster
    I dont know about the compression part...I had a 4-tec (traded it in for a used slayer pro) with the same 3.3 engine and had a **** of a time getting it started (one of the reasons I went for a used one) due to compression issues, with it being brand new it is jsut alot of tinkering with it to get it started...also I have heard bad things about the little electric motor on them, another reason my 4-tec would not start at first (had to replace it). I am also new to the slayer...are there any other shells that will fit besides the ones from traxxas...I see alot of ones that fit the slash but not the slayer pro.
    my 4-tec can fly:)