RC poster

Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro

Hey guys, I am setting up a Mamba Max Pro in my KB, and was wondering what would be the best set up for wiring for batteries. Should I go traxxas connectors from the ESC or go with Deans and then get an adapter from Deans to Traxxas. Anyone else set this up yet? Not using tenbol for the upgrade, went with the 550 set up out of an Kyle Busch 1/16 Camping World Truck.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I prefer deans over traxxas, much more easy to solder and remove, if you already have traxxas on your batts, it would be cheapper just to put traxxas than replacing all the connectors. There is a lot of ideas and threads on the mini erevo forum,

RC poster
    Batteries are still stock series 1 from traxxas. havent bought lipo's yet (limited to 2s, Mamba Max Pro w/ 6900kV) but thinking of going male Deans from ESC, and then making an adapter - female deans to male traxxas, that way I can run both lipo or nimh. What do you think?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Why do you want to run a MMPRO with nimh batts? in that case get a sidewinder if you want to upgrade the stock esc, the only advantage I see is that you can run two batt in series with the MMPRO other than that I suggest you to get some lipo.

RC poster
    Lipo's and charger are coming, just in the meantime, I want to run what I currently have available, hence running nimh.

RC Enthusiast
    I'd be interested in seeing pics once all is installed. Thanks

RC poster
    will do...but might just be awhile considering canada post is on strike at the moment. really holding me up. I have a motor and esc just sitting there waiting to be installed.

RC Enthusiast
    Did that have to do with the Canucks loosing the Stanley Cup ?

RC poster
    I don't beleive so.......but the riots did, lol

RC Enthusiast
    I hear that dahash, I have a feud with Fed-EX, I have two doors apt 1 is in the back apt 2 is in the front. This guy regardless if the box has APT 1 go to BACK, he just leaves his cell-phone number at the front door and my neighbor who is a 65 year old non English speaking Polish women just takes the tag and throws it away. I once had to have a replacement package sent to me via another carrier only to have the fed-ex main office like 3 weeks later tell me via email that I had a package. Was cool, got two sets of wheels out of the deal but man what a pain in the arsh. If the company only uses fed-ex I just look for another supplier of the goods. Sad

RC poster
    Castle uses UPS but we dont have that up here, so its gets transfered to purolator. I live upstairs and there is a downstairs. My advantage is my neighbour speaks english, lol, and she signs for packages for me. It's a nice arrangement
    1/16 KB Rally

RC poster
    my current set up before the upgrade.......

1/16 KB Rally

RC poster
    And so it begins....

waiting on gearing and then some run time with it.
    1/16 KB Rally