Thread: Crash!

RC Enthusiast

Crash!

I was playing around with the car in my apartment building's parking lot and I ran into my real car's tire at full speed. Doh!

I broke the suspension arm, the bumper mount, and the foam is actually missing a chunk.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 06-16-2011 at 10:06 PM.

RC Champion
    Looks like your shock is bent too.

RC Enthusiast
    I didn't even noticed that! I'll have to take a closer look at it.

RC Qualifier
    and this is why rpm needs to make arms for slash/rally/mustang/fiesta/kyle busch.
    99%er

RC Enthusiast
    The shock isn't bent. Looks like it was just a weird phone camera effect that made it look bent.

RC Qualifier
    The shock looks compressed because the arm is against the ground?

RC Enthusiast
    You know the funny thing is that I had just installed the T-Bone rear bumper because I was afraid of breaking a suspension piece in the back of the car!

RC Champion
    well could have been worse the foam thankfully absorbed most of the impact
    Does more $ = More fun?
    Rustler VXL

RC Enthusiast
    I did this stunt as well lol, Since its broke buy the aluminum Tie rods, and arms from thetoyz.com. Thats what I did beefed up the durability a ton. The link at the bottom has every part for our car in aluminum and mutiple colors enjoy the upgrading process

http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_...ES&action=list

RC Enthusiast
    Do those aluminum pieces bend easily? Id hate to spend a few bucks on that only to bend the alignment way out of whack with another hit.

RC Enthusiast
    Knock on wood, I haven't had any of the Tie-rods bend nor have I had any of the connecting Linkage bend or deform and I have had some nasty roll overs and direct smashes. I mean everything has a limit but I know it takes very bad driving to even approach bending and breaking these aluminum parts. Plus they loook HOT ! any color really.

RC Enthusiast
    Tip replace as they break, I know you kinda took out alot in on swoop but I did my car as i broke it. Tie-rods than arms etc but I have had great luck with them, I feed my KB a lipo a day

RC Qualifier
    You should be pefectly fine with alum a-arms. as long as your not jumping over cars, youll be great. I saw a youtube vid of an integy overhauled Blue Merv and the guy said 4 months of bashing and absolutely no problems. Since your just slidin around youll be fine.
    99%er

RC Enthusiast
    I emailed rpm asking them to make rally a arms and got a reply. They are working on it, basically telling me to watch this space.

RC Enthusiast
    I got the parts I ordered and when I was putting everything back together I noticed that my knuckle was broken too! I'm gonna get the rpm stuff. The good thing is that I'm getting better at driving it so there's way less crashing now.