RC poster

Is this the car for me?

Hey all, kinda new but had to reset my name for some reason. But back to the point. I am going to get a new 1/16 traxxas vehicle, but am having some trouble picking which one to buy. I want one of the on road, and this one has caught my eye. However, based on reviews and such, it seems like there is a lack of traction. Is the traction bad enough to need grip- oriented tires? Or should i just learn to drive the thing. I just want a fun, quick little car that i can take out and have some fun with. Just looking for some opinions and pros/cons of the car. Thanks and I really appreciate any help I can receive.

RC Enthusiast
    I run it on the street all the time, It wasn't until I was practically running on the rims did the Car get out of control, but I needed tires they were gone. I did alot of research before I bought my KB, its the best all around street car for the bucks. As well it has a plethora of upgrades that can be done to it as parts break down the road. All in all awesome car, Its not a true drifter in the sense, I wouldn't try it in comps, but for a parking lot terror it rules the road and once you get the hang of the throttle there is no way you wont have fun with it. Hope this helps

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    The KB tires are designed for drift style driving. They are more grippy than a true RC drift tire but MUCH less grippy than a true touring car tire. The good thing is that for about $30 you can buy a full set of real touring car tires and wheels and have a good grip setup. I mostly drift with my rally and I really like how it slides so I run the original tires... but if you want the car to handle and stick to the road, youll need new tires.

RC poster
    That is really helpful from both of you, thanks. Which tires have you run that are quite grippy? I heard HPI x-pattern are pretty good, but that is all the info I have.

RC Enthusiast
    HPI x-pattern = great set of tires for money, I use from TRAXXAS part number 7372 (Tires and wheels, assembled, glued Rally wheels, BFGoodrich® Rally tires). They have been holding up very well, and 7376 (Tires and wheels, assembled, glued Rally wheels, black , 1.9 Gymkhana slick tires) same as stock just black rims. but for serious grip HPI x-pattern on your rim of choice

RC poster
    Here are the accessories i plan to buy with the car: another battery, parallel connector, charger, wheel/tire combo. I feel like this will keep me going for a while, but is there anything i am missing?

RC Qualifier
    Pick up a good set of steel or aluminum turnbuckles for added strengh and maybe check out the T-Bonez delrin bumper. very strong
    99%er

RC poster
    Alright, so been researching tires, and found multiple compounds of x-patterns, pro- and d-. Not sure which has more grip or what the difference is. Wondering if any owners know the differences. Thanks again

RC poster
    Just two questions left:

1. How is the run time with 1 battery? 2 batteries in parallel?

2. I have read several threads of ESC's burning out from running in series. Does this occur often when running in series and can it be avoided?

Thanks, and i really appreciate all the help i have gotten over the past few days.