RC Competitor

Probably buying one

Ok so I will be buying a Ken block soon (by Thursday) because I found a good deal for $300 bucks new, any must do upgrades? I am familiar with this chassis cause I have a MERV too

RC Enthusiast
    I went and snagged the new axle carriers from RPM that's about the weakest link I have had on this car so far I also went and got a Heat-sink and Fan combo from Toyz.com. But the best part about the KB is you really only need to upgrade as you break it. Replace parts with aluminum for more strength but its not needed. When a stock part goes I replace with upgraded Aluminum parts.

RC Competitor
    Haha when I got my Revo I broke an axial carrier in 2 days, but I ran into a brick lol

RC poster
    ajohn check eBay. Got mine for $288 with free shipping!

RC Competitor
    For me it would be a better deal to buy 12 bucks more and get a new one, probably going to keep my wraith preorder anyway

RC Enthusiast
    Tower hobbies has a special right now with 50 bucks off a $299.00 order if you order before June 30. That would put this car at $250.00 with no shipping charge. I may do this myself.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Chucksolo69 View Post
    Tower hobbies has a special right now with 50 bucks off a $299.00 order if you order before June 30. That would put this car at $250.00 with no shipping charge. I may do this myself.
    Where are you seeing this discount on Towerhobbies. I can only find the 25 off 199. Thanks if you can get me the link.
    3S 5000mAh LiPo = Overly Energetic Acrobatics

RC Competitor
    Well I am going to get mine tomorrow, any upgrades I should do out of the box?

got it, it is pretty nice looking. i am going to run it later
    Last edited by cooleocool; 06-27-2011 at 04:17 PM. Reason: merge