RC Racer

Question SV2 install and Receiver placement

Cleaned up the Receiver Box...

Sidewinder SV2

Receiver:

Total Package:

I will be waterproofing the SV2 at some point in the near future with Liquid Tape..
    What do I do with the receiver?? I was thinking a receiver in balloon with the end sealed by silicone in one of the battery boxes BUT receiver is too tall to fit.

So what do I do??

I DONT want to liquid tape the receiver because I want to be able to unplug and change servos and such.
    Last edited by slash-4x4; 06-22-2011 at 06:44 PM.
    Carpe Diem

RC Qualifier
    find a bigger balloon!
    What have you learned today?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Papino View Post
    find a bigger balloon!
    serious? dont insult my intelligence. It fits in the balloon but not in the battery compartment.
    Carpe Diem

RC Qualifier
    You can leave it on the top like it is now... Or trim an opening in the chassis (top of battery tray) to lower the center of gravity.
    What have you learned today?

RC Qualifier
    umm sorry to say this but
    mount it on its side where the old esc was
    some people mount it to a thin piece of wood to utilize the slide in slots others use servo tape
    if its not broken, bash harder

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    just wondering why you took the receiver from the original position, did you change the motor if you are running the stock motor, you wonīt have problem with the receiver box, also the esc fits good on the original place, the receiver fits good under the batt compartment I did it on mine, i guess you can put a balloon on it a little tricky Iīve thinking on doing it, but I run my merv on street only, my summit with castle esc is waterproof now, and using the stock receiver box, so it can take a lot of water.

RC Racer
    The ESC wasn't flush with the battery door. I use Velcro on the doors to hold the body so thats why i flipped the receiver and ESC. Plus I do have a big block which I might install at some point.

the receiver fits good under the batt compartment
    Do you have a pic? The wires plugs too tall to fit in the compartment. Did you cut out holes or something?
    Carpe Diem

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    look at the first pic, the receiver is on the right corner of the batt compartment and the wires go through the vent, the esc should fit sideways not flat, but i guess your motor heat sink is the problem.

RC Racer
    OHHHH. wow. Crafty. Yea that might not work with the balloon on. Hmm.. I guess i can try. Any other Ideas?
    Carpe Diem

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I think the balloon trick can be done, I just havenīt had the urge to do it since my summit is waterproof.

RC Racer
    There has to be some other waterproofing material that I can use. Im 99 percent sure that i read somewhere in these forums about a spray like Plastic Dip but it peels away, so its removable.

Otherwise I know I can make a little waterproof box for it, i seen a video on youTube BUT than it might be too big to fit. So Im trying to stay with a spray/balloon type material. easy, durable and wont add much room.

Quote Originally Posted by RC-Fan View Post
    I think the balloon trick can be done, I just havenīt had the urge to do it since my summit is waterproof.

Here it is!! Receiver, inside a balloon, sticking out through the battery vents, with Amazing Goop Silicone sealing the balloon.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 06-23-2011 at 07:58 PM. Reason: merge
    Carpe Diem