RC Competitor

Clutch Shoes/Spring

Are there any aftermarket Clutch Shoes/Spring, like a Stainless spring?

RC Racer
    Get a Buku 3 shoe clutch, install it with your stock clutch nut, problem solved. The thing is awesome.
    Slash 4x4
    Slayer Pro
    Nitro 4-Tec 3.3

Or you can look into the M2C Racing 3 shoe clutch at A main hobbies. It's a little cheaper than the Buku one but both are similar setups. I run the M2C clutch and it's doing good.

RC Racer
    The M2C looks nice and is about $10 cheaper, but the Buku is worth the extra since you can adjust it from under the chassis with the motor in the mount. Takes 10 seconds to tweak the 3 set screws. I don't usually recommend anything this highly, but you can't go wrong with the Buku. It's that good.
    Slash 4x4
    Slayer Pro
    Nitro 4-Tec 3.3

Quote Originally Posted by SFT2 View Post
    The M2C looks nice and is about $10 cheaper, but the Buku is worth the extra since you can adjust it from under the chassis with the motor in the mount. Takes 10 seconds to tweak the 3 set screws. I don't usually recommend anything this highly, but you can't go wrong with the Buku. It's that good.
    Ahh I didn't know you could adjust it with the screws until I fully read about in on their site. That is pretty slick.

RC Racer
    Yup, pretty cool. Another good use is breaking in a new motor. It'll let you run it slobbering rich with the idle high enough that it won't die when you hit the brakes. Just screw in all three screws about a turn so it's not moving at idle and run a half gallon or so through the motor. Once the thing will idle decent, reset the clutch back to normal and go play. Worked great for me.

I'm waiting patiently for them to get done with a batch of pipes. Just have to decide if I'm going to put it on the 3.3 or put the OS 21 I have on the bench in.
    Slash 4x4
    Slayer Pro
    Nitro 4-Tec 3.3

RC Competitor
    Is there anything like a stronger spring?

RC Racer
    There's a high stall clutch kit that consists of shoes and a stronger spring, but I think the Slayer has one from the factory. I bought one for a spare, but the Buku got here before I got around to swapping it.
    Slash 4x4
    Slayer Pro
    Nitro 4-Tec 3.3

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SFT2 View Post
    Get a Buku 3 shoe clutch, install it with your stock clutch nut, problem solved. The thing is awesome.
    Where can I purchase a Buku 3 shoe clutch from? Thanks.

Buku. Don't know their website off hand but it has the name in it.
    The Super Derecho