RC Qualifier

I just had to laugh

I was talking RC cars/trucks with a buddy at work. He was telling me about this drifter car he that would hit 49. I figured it was one of the new 1/16 Traxxas cars with high gearing & two batteries. I told him about my Slash 4x4, and with the right gearing I could get up to around 35. We decided to being our vehicles to work yesterday, and spend some of our break time driving around the parking lot.

I had my truck siting out wearing a Bajr body & Proline Street Fighter Pro-Core tires. He was impressed. Then he showed me his car – with a Nissan 300Z body & “drifting” tires. I said “this thing really hits 49”? He says “Yeah, check it out” and shows me the sticker on the back of the transmitter that reads 49MHz.
    I said “That’s not 49MPH, it’s 49 megahertz, the AM frequency it transmits on”. Turns out it was a Nikko car running on a 3.6 volt pack.

We went outside, he turns his on & starts “drifting”, which amounted to him getting it as fast as it would go, then cutting the wheels hard and slide a little. I had mine geared @ 22/50 on a 2s lipo. I throttled mine up and took off across the lot. His jaw hit the ground, and his ego quickly deflated. We drove around some more, and the nose of his car went under mine. I ran over the hood of his car, and left a tire mark on the paint. He just about cried.

All his buddies came out and were drooling over my car, as he drove his around in circles, then went inside.

49MHz = 49MPH
    Censorship is wrong

RC Racer
    hahaa noobs. vinyl adds horsepower.

RC Qualifier
    Lol noob!!!!!!!

RC Qualifier
    still laughing. i kinda feel bad for the guy. but hey maybe this was a lesson to go get one that will really do 49mph not 49MHz

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    still laughing. i kinda feel bad for the guy. but hey maybe this was a lesson to go get one that will really do 49mph not 49MHz
    The thing that gets me is he apparently never wondered why 49 mph seemed so much faster when driving his real car compared to his Nikko rc......then again, I know people like that too so it's not that suprising.
    -ERBE
    -Slash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    hehehe i remeber when i was like 4 or 5 and had one of those and thought the mhz was mph. it made me so happy. and now im invested in a money pit

RC Qualifier
    Edmonton, AB (and looking for an RC buddy. PM me if you're from NE Edmonton!)
    Lol I'd like to know why an adult would play with a Nikko rc

RC Champion
    same jman98 then i drove a nikko vehicle on something ridiculous like 75mhz and well even a 6 year old can work that one out
    yeah and why is that adult playing with a 7 year olds toy? at first when he said 49mph i thought he was a serious competitor and he had recorded that precise speed on a speed gun but know just an overgrown kid
    Does more $ = More fun?
    Rustler VXL

RC Enthusiast
    Maybe that is all the car his wife would let him buy? Spent $79.99 on it, it is one of the "expensive" rc cars! Great story, lets not make fun of him. He saw your car and now knows what to buy! The more people get into the Slash 4x4, the more money for R&D and more good parts for us. Plus, he may give up and we can buy his slightly abused month old Slash for cheap! TALK HIM INTO ONE FAST! Tell him it is only $400. Do not tell him about the duffel bag full of extra parts that we all have! ROFL