RC Racer

Removing the bearing from the can on a Velineon motor

Any input? The bearing finally bit the bullet, pulled the armature out, but can't get the bearing to come out. Not sure if it seized up from heat or are they pressed fit or loctited into place?

RC poster
    I used a small socket that will fit in the hole from the outside of the can and still big enough to contact the bearing then used a small hammer to tap it out. to seat the new bearing in i used an old rotor to push it in the can and gave it a light tap till it was seated.

RC Competitor
    Wildman is right. The bearings are press fitted. Don't be afraid to carefully tap them out and press the new ones in.

RC Champion
    I had this happen to me. But the inside racer had fused onto the rotor shaft. It's time to upgrade...
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Racer
    I'm thinking the outside race is fused to the can. I've tried just about everything to get it out, a lot of pieces so far, but the race is still stuck. I'm about to take a dremel and slot it to relieve it.

RC Champion
    Soak it with WD40 or equiv. wait an hour and tap it out, mine were a bit tight at first as well.