RC Qualifier

Question Shock covers on drive shafts

I was running MIP CVDís (not made for Slash, but for Nitro Rustler) for a while. I had a lot of problems with breakage and since I donít want to spend big $ on replacing them, I was wondering if anyone had tried using shock covers on the stock Traxxas shafts? My only issue with the stock telescoping shafts is when they get dirty, they stick & thereís no longer any travel. If the shock covers would work, maybe that would keep the workings clean?
    Censorship is wrong

RC Champion
    Have you thoght about using shrink tubing on them? Just shrink the tube on the bottom of the driveshaft, leave the top alone. It will slid nice still but be able to keep the dirt out.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by I EAT DIRT View Post
    Have you thoght about using shrink tubing on them? Just shrink the tube on the bottom of the driveshaft, leave the top alone. It will slid nice still but be able to keep the dirt out.
    I did consider that idea, but won't the open end still allow dirt in?
    Censorship is wrong

RC Racer
    I bought the Jato shock boots like this guy suggested. He said he got good results but mine are sliding down from the wider side and binding in the telescoping section.

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ght=jato+boots

RC Racer
    Save some money and invest in Tekno's. $40 on eBay. Have a pair and no binding or dirt to worry about. They are the best upgrade I have done!

RC Enthusiast
    i use revo driveline boots, they are blue and are made to stretch like an accordion. you can just glue one end of it or both depends on it you want to be able to take them apart for cleaning. there is still a hole by the joint for water to drain. I just glued one end and it works great for me.