RC Qualifier

My final solution to the Integy Center Drive Shaft failures

As most everyone knows, the Integy Center Drive Shaft has a pin that will fly out if you don't cover it with something. I had previously applied super glue in and around the pin to keep it from flying out along with three layers (yes, 3 layers) of heat shrink tubing for even more protection. Well I was out running 3S lipo last night and the pin came out again. So that just isn't going to work. As you can see in the picture, it created a nice little cut out section in my chassis. So I went to the hardware store today and found some aluminum pipe tubing that was just the right size to cover the pin on the drive shaft. I had to squeeze it on there and I don't think it will ever move. It's just thin enough to not rub on anything. So this is what I would recommend for those with this drive shaft. It was $0.65 for 1" of pipe and I just cut it to length with a dremel.

very nice, heres hoping it stays in place. Did you add anything to keep it there or is it just tension?
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

Cool mod. Do I see an alu bulkhead there? I wonder if they work well.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Champion
    I'm interested in the aluminum bulkheads as well. Are they any good?

RC Enthusiast
    I had a better solution, I threw mine in the bin and bought a GH one - job done.

RC Racer
    Nice job. If I ever have issues with mine ill give that a try.

Regarding the aluminum bulkhead; in my merv I have integy aluminum front and rear, and my wife has the gpm aluminum front only. Absolutly no issues thus far.

RC Champion
    That's really cool. I would like to get aluminum bulkheads, but for $50 a piece, that's pretty expensive; about $100 for both bulkheads...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    very nice, heres hoping it stays in place. Did you add anything to keep it there or is it just tension?
    I just slid it on and it's very tight. I don't think it will ever move.

Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post
    Cool mod. Do I see an alu bulkhead there? I wonder if they work well.
    Yes, I'm running the Integy aluminum bulkhead. They work very well and keep everything from flexing. FYI, you will need to use shims with this bulkhead.

RC Qualifier
    have you tried to just put a screw that holds the pin on threadlocker?
    i wonder if this will work
    My mini E-Revo.net and the BIG ERevo.net

RC Qualifier
    I had the pins come out all the time. messed up my chassis too! I welded the pins in! and ground them flush!
    Also the drive cups on the dog bone sides are too soft, the dog bone is wearing through the cup!
    let us know if and when you strip out a the ring and pinion in those bulkheads. I hope they cure that problem and will get them if it does! I think the main problem with stripping the diffs are that they are made of cheap pot metal!

RC Competitor
    nice mod! looks very reliable.
    Electricity is really just organized lightning.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrytetsuo View Post
    I had the pins come out all the time. messed up my chassis too! I welded the pins in! and ground them flush!
    Also the drive cups on the dog bone sides are too soft, the dog bone is wearing through the cup!
    let us know if and when you strip out a the ring and pinion in those bulkheads. I hope they cure that problem and will get them if it does! I think the main problem with stripping the diffs are that they are made of cheap pot metal!
    I actually just replaced the drive cup. I'm still using the stock driveshaft up front, so I used the second Integy drive cup as a spare. I haven't had a diff failure from any other issue other than the pin coming out.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by fastmachine View Post
    I actually just replaced the drive cup. I'm still using the stock driveshaft up front, so I used the second Integy drive cup as a spare. I haven't had a diff failure from any other issue other than the pin coming out.
    heres my turd - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxajgDtdzQQ

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    for the op, did you slit the pipe lengthwise? it looks as if it was slit in your picture

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo74 View Post
    for the op, did you slit the pipe lengthwise? it looks as if it was slit in your picture
    That's the way it came.

RC Qualifier
    Can you please provide feedback on this mod after testing it for a while?
    What have you learned today?

RC Competitor
    i would be also interesting on feedback. I just got the integy shaft. Didnt know it had suck big problems :X

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Papino View Post
    Can you please provide feedback on this mod after testing it for a while?
    It has been running perfect. Although now, I'm running the GPM center drive shaft and I like it better. The GPM needs modification as well.

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...er+Drive+Shaft

RC Enthusiast
    re gpm driveshaft, I just stripped it down and reassembled it using threadlock and have yet to have any problems all the pins have a flat for the grub screw to locate against so shouldnt come adrift now it is all threadlocked, I have been running it for around 3 months heavy use with mmp 5700/4600 combo's.
    Alloy bulkheads next mod as keep breaking the front one