RC Champion

My pede's pics n mods

As if I dont spend enough time on here, and my work isnt suffering, here's my pede:

Mods:
    MIPs in rear, sway bars F/R, dyed chassis n tires, pantyhose wrap, 2 fans, velcro attachment for body in rear, re-inforced body (fiberglass tape n shoe goo), center driveshaft cover, shock covers, t-bone servo guard and front bumper, 72 chevy body, stainless bearings, 3s lipo w 11t pinion
    Merv, Sl4sh, P4de, Embe, Slash
    2400/2200/4000kv

RC Enthusiast
    That looks sick. Good job!
    Stampede 4x4

RC Champion
    Thanks! I also have the golden horizon aluminum motor mount with larger bearing, the aluminum bearing adapter, RPM arms, and aluminum hexes, forgot to list em. I havent broken anything in a while and I spend less time on maitenance now. I kinda miss workin on it. Im turning my attention to body work and videos now. Just ordered a bigger truck body, internal graphics and masks, and picture glue. Ill post the results!
    Last edited by Dr.J; 07-13-2011 at 11:36 AM.
    2400/2200/4000kv

RC Enthusiast
    Dude im wicked jealous i wish i was creative as some of the people on here including you. i just kinda look at other peoples stuff for idea lol. But i havn't done anything to my pede yet. I want to lower the body so it covers the grey part and make it so the a arms are level. and i think i will be ordering a tacon motor soon(: And where did you get those shock covers??
    Stampede 4x4

RC Champion
    Check out youtube, lots of great info there, and here on the forums. Got the covers on ebay, $5 w/ shipping. There is a big learning curve with this hobby, but keep reading and searching and youll be a pro in no time. I would start with the cheap, easy to do mods. Replace parts only if they break, n go w RPM when ya can. A few neccessities are the aluminum shock tops, the clutch bearing adapter(both are cheap upgrades), and eventually the aluminum motor mount($30). If you run 3s lipos, mip cvds in the rear are a good investment, esp with a motor w/ more torque like the tacon. I was thinking about getting that one. Let me know how ya like it.
    2400/2200/4000kv

RC Enthusiast
    Yeah. after i get my debit card im going to order the tacon and ill tell you how i like.
    Stampede 4x4

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke394 View Post
    Yeah. after i get my debit card im going to order the tacon and ill tell you how i like.
    I run the Tacon 3660 3500kv motor in my P4de and the Tacon 3674 2800kv motor in my Slash 4x4, I would highly recommend either of them(though the 3674 does not leave much room in there for the esc on the p4de). The 2800kv I have geared at 52/19 and on 2s. My 100a esc got to 80 degrees F and the motor got to 117 degrees. That was after 10 minutes of straight speed runs trying to get a high temp out of it.
    I have not got much of a chance to run the 3500kv much since I blew a crappy 60a esc, but have a MMP I ordered today coming so that should not have a problem what so ever.
    As far as the Tacon's go, I would recommend them for a good budget motor.

RC Champion
    Thanks for the info. Ive heard they are great for the price. I wanted to run one with my stock vxl esc on 3s, the 3660. Do you think I would have any issues with the esc. I have a fan on it now, but I also have a fan on the motor. And with 11/54 gearing on 3s, Im still getting thermal on the esc, and sometimes i get low voltage because of the fans drawing current too. Im thinking tacon w/o fan and esc w/ fan. Does this sound like it would work?
    2400/2200/4000kv

RC Enthusiast
    This is the one i was looking into because of the information someone has givin methe Tacon 3660 3000kv
    Stampede 4x4

RC Enthusiast
    Just remember that your ESC over heating is from it being over geared and when your motor over heats it is under geared.

That being said, I personally have a 9t pinion I would try if I were you to make sure it does not over heat any more. I really do not think you will have any issues with your stock vxl esc. The extra 10mm between the tacon 3660 motor and the traxxas 3650 will give you tons of more torque.

The few times i did run my P4de I have run a 15t pinion on my 3660 3500kv. the temps were around 145 til I blew that esc and the only reason i blew it because of a hard crash and i figure a resistor in it blew on impact.

Personally I do not think you will need to run a fan on the motor if you gear it right. Just keep playing with it up and down til you get it right.

Oh ya and just remember if/when you order you tacon, they have a 5mm shaft so you have to get different pinions. the crappy apart about that is, instead of $3 for the 3.17mm pinions you are looking at $10-$12 a peice.