RC Champion

who has a netflix account and got this Email

(WOW) what a way to make more money can we getting (GREEDY) netflix was awesome to have now they want to split the plans to make more money. netflix is already huge why get Greedy!!!

bye bye to my account.

We are separating unlimited DVDs by mail and unlimited streaming into two separate plans to better reflect the costs of each. Now our members have a choice: a streaming only plan, a DVD only plan, or both.

Your current $9.99 a month membership for unlimited streaming and unlimited DVDs will be split into 2 distinct plans:

Plan 1: Unlimited Streaming (no DVDs) for $7.99 a month
    Plan 2: Unlimited DVDs, 1 out at-a-time (no streaming) for $7.99 a month

Your price for getting both of these plans will be $15.98 a month ($7.99 + $7.99). You don't need to do anything to continue your memberships for both unlimited streaming and unlimited DVDs.

These prices will start for charges on or after September 1, 2011.

You can easily change or cancel your unlimited streaming plan, unlimited DVD
    Take Responsibility do not text and drive.

RC Champion
    I am currently on the $9.99 plan for 1 dvd-at-a-time and streaming.

I have not received that email, but I won't be surprised when/if I do. I wouldn't really say that's "greed." It's the price of growth and the demand of streaming video taking off.

It doesn't really bother me. My last dvd was received in November. I didn't send it back for 6 months. DVDs are garbage -- you can stream in high definition.

DVDs are a 20 year old technology. It's time for them to go away.

I just looked at my account preferences and clicked the "Change Plan" button.
    There's a large disclaimer across the top:

"The price of your Unlimited Streaming + 1 DVD out at-a-time (Unlimited) plan will change to $15.98 () (plus any applicable tax) a month starting with your next billing period on or after Sep 01, 2011. If you select a new plan in the meantime, you will only be able to return to your current plan at the new price, regardless of when you make the change."

Seems every one will probably have this change.
    Last edited by Slasher; 07-12-2011 at 04:43 PM.

RC Champion
    I cancelled right when I got this email. GREEDY company, I have no room for it, so bye bye! Itune's is better.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Champion
    good point about DVD'S. maybe i will kepp it. i rarely watch the DVD's that netflix sends to me. i use streaming a lot.

RC Champion
    Dvd's serve a purpose. Can't always stream media especially for kids...
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Competitor
    If you have a good internet connection get a Roku Box and stream your brains out. My dvd player hasnt been used in years...
    Spend and Learn....

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by I EAT DIRT View Post
    I cancelled right when I got this email. GREEDY company, I have no room for it, so bye bye! Itune's is better.
    If you're looking for a price comparison, you went to the wrong place. iTunes is much more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by GlowThunder View Post
    good point about DVD'S. maybe i will kepp it. i rarely watch the DVD's that netflix sends to me. i use streaming a lot.
    The only time Netflix p'ed me enough to cancel was when they added a surcharge for blu-ray. Oh man I was furious. That was about 2 years ago. They added an additional $2 to have a blu-ray sent instead of DVD when available! I nearly flipped my wig because even now not everything they offer on physical media is on blu-ray.

I canceled their service after 6 years only to re-add last November when I also canceled cable TV.
    I still say their physical media prices are absurd considering they're still offering DVD, but streaming for $8 can't be beat, even with a somewhat limited selection. They don't have everything, no... but I still don't run out of things to watch.

Netflix is an excellent service.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Why bother with DVDs when for 2 bucks a month cheaper you can stream all you want still. I don't even know the last time I watched a movie on a DVD, everything has been streamed. Sounds like a way to help out a bunch by saving you 24 bucks a year by getting rid of a part of the service pretty much nobody uses.

RC Qualifier
    You would think they could at least grandfather the original prices to current members, but no they keep increasing them and I'm sick of it, this is like the third time, I'm cancelling right now

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk
    Summit.Erevo 1.0.Slash 4x4.Stampede 4x4

My wife just informed me of this, we will probably just cancel the DVD part and go only streaming. Or cancel both. Kind of a lame thing for a company to do.
    Roll cages are RC training wheels

RC Racer
    I just got that email, and I can understand the streaming price going up, but it doesn't really make sense to raise the price on the dvd's. Although if you think about it, $10 for up to (let's say feasibly 8-10 dvd rentals) in a month AND unlimited streaming is a really good deal, maybe costs for them has risen and they have to raise prices to account for that.

RC Qualifier
    I definitely got this email. I too have the 1 DVD 9.99 deal. In all honesty I rarely even send out to get a DVD. I still have the one I got months ago and haven't sent it back. Getting this email has actually got me to get it ready to send back today to get another one lol. Take advantage of what im paying for before they hike the price. I may even cancel as I have found a lot of netflix type sites that are free. megashare dot info for 1.

Im not happy with their decision to do this. Maybe I'll cancel my DVR and Digital cable and keep the netflix since I rarely watch normal TV. Always netflix, on PC, PS3, Phone, and TV
    Rustler CC3800 || Stampede VXL

RC Champion
    We take dvd's with us while on the road or camping etc. Redbox is right down the block.
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 3_rolls View Post
    My wife just informed me of this, we will probably just cancel the DVD part and go only streaming. Or cancel both. Kind of a lame thing for a company to do.
    of course it is lame. i had a price increase a few months ago no big deal but now this!! Netflix has put a lot of local video stores out of business where i live. i am sure they did other states as well. now they have the video stores closing down and taking a lot of business time to raise the prices. just like walmart Super Centers, they move in with LOW prices drive all the other Grocery stores out of business then raise the prices back up and then some.
    Last edited by GlowThunder; 07-13-2011 at 07:56 PM.

RC Champion
    My family also currently has 1 DVD and streaming, and we are not sure if we will continue using both. Honestly, I am mad at Netflix because they put nearly every single video store near my house out of business (yes other movie rental/streaming companies helped, but face it, the main cause was netflix). Plus, the online selection seems terrible. Every time I look something up that I want to see (not even new stuff, things that have been out for a long time) it usually says "DVD only" or "not available". Now when we don't want to use netflix anymore, we have NOWHERE to rent a movie from close to my house. It was kind of sad to watch all the stores close one by one.

RC Qualifier
    I'll probably hang on to my steaming/blu-ray subscription for a while. Yes, I am disappointed that they are not giving long time customers a better deal. I hope they improve their online streaming with more movies and better audio (surround sound vs. stereo) for the home theater guys.
    XO-1|SlashUE-MMM2200|Rally-SV2&MERV-MMP w/NEU1112

RC poster
    We take dvd's with us while on the road or camping etc. Redbox is right down the block.

Quote Originally Posted by NicolasReynold View Post
    You do know that the post before yours was made 10 years ago, right?
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Racer
    I find it funny when people bring up these really old threads... We should do it more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob2.0 View Post
    I find it funny when people bring up these really old threads... We should do it more often.
    Lol agreed.
    1/16 E-Revo VXL, Bandit XL-5 Just Gonna Send It!!

The M.O. of many spammers is to register, find any "related" thread to what they intend to spam on - no matter how old - test their ability to post and then later come back and either quote their own with an edit that includes a link or find another thread to post spam in. Report it if it happens and do not click on the links.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Where's the love?

We should at least give him credit for using the search feature and not starting a duplicate thread [emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk