RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar

Spartan on 4S... will it live?

So, I want a Spartan... but ive been watching and waiting for the cooling issues to be sorted out and I now have 2 questions... well, maybe more.

I finally gave in and bought an Aquacraft UL-1 unlimited hydro. Its fun but its only even remotely stable if the lake is glass... I want a V-hull so I can run in 2-3 inch chop. Im running the boat on 4S and its probably running 35-40 tops... probably closer to 35.

My question is can I run a Spartan TOTALLY STOCK with no mods on 4S and get 35-40 ish out of it with no heat issues? I dont want to go any faster than the UL-1 ive got... its more than fast enough. But im a Traxxas guy and would prefer to own a Spartan.

My next question is, how do I know if I buy a new boat that its going to come with the new castle motor and speed control? Does the updated boat have a new part number? Or do I take my chances ordering from tower that ill get old stock with the older electronics?

Thanks for the help guys. Id really like to have a Spartan that I could run 4S day to day and be happy but run 6S when I want to really impress the neighbours.

RC Racer
    Yes it will live on 4s.
    New or old, who knows
    You'll get maybe 32, you can get more out of it with a larger prop, but then you're back to heat issues. The new system should work fine with it.
    However there is no "updated" electronics

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Sweet, thanks guys. I'm selling some stuff and will likely be placing an order soon.