Thread: Bad receiver?

RC Qualifier

Question Bad receiver?

I upgraded my AM set to the Traxxas 2.4 system a while back, and have had 0 issues – until today. I was at a skate park doing some jumps & such, had a couple of hard knocks & landings, but nothing too unusual. After a while, my steering would go in & out intermittently. I thought it might be interference, so I changes locations, but had the same results. I got home and was checking things over when even the throttle (which had been working fine) also gave out. Then, I couldn’t even to get the system to turn on. Still had 4+ volts in each of my cells on a 2s lipo, so that wasn’t the issue. I had a spare ESC, swapped it out, and still no go. Is it fair to say I might have a bad receiver?
    Censorship is wrong

RC Qualifier
    The only thing I could think of is damaged antenna on your rx or tx. Though have you tested a different servo? Maybe it's the servo that's glitchy.
    back

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by maxidodies View Post
    The only thing I could think of is damaged antenna on your rx or tx. Though have you tested a different servo? Maybe it's the servo that's glitchy.
    I called Traxxas service today, and the tech suggested trying the same thing. Sure enough, unplugged my NEW servo (HiTec digital HS-5645MG), and the problem went away

Guess I’ll be sending it in for replacement.
    Censorship is wrong

RC Enthusiast
    same thing happen to me except i was doing speed runs on the asphalt iwth a 2s 14v and a sv2 5700kv p-16t s-83 and at first my steering was acting up then my throttle took a crap. now all the ESC does is flash the red/green/amber leds' and the rx flashes red. i tried to rebind it dont work. i tried other servos it dont work. i took the cover off the rx and cleaned the dust. no fix i hope its a servo and not a rx i run the new 2238 2ch

RC Qualifier
    2.4ghz seems to have signal probs