Waiting on those steel driveshafts traxxas

My truck sits with the u-joints shredded, I see them listed under accessories but very little info on them. I know i could go with tekno but i would like the traxxas factory look to remain. anybody have an eta on these?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    These have been listed like that for the slash4x4 also for ever. I have heard many times, coming soon, keep your eyes open in the next 30days, 90 days. Who knows? Call Traxxas, see what tech support or sales says, then let us know. Its been a while sends somene called and reported back to us. Are you aware of MIP's X-duty shafts? Another awsome set. $100 for f/r. I run MIP on my pede and Tekno on my slash, very happy with both.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

Yea i heard bout the mips and the teknos , Not really in a hurry to get the truck running. The only time i run it is in the rain and living in south texas we don't know what rain is anymore. I have an ERBE and Xray 808e to run in the dust. I have the traxxas cvd's on my revo and i really like the look of em they aren't the best, i have twisted a few of them, but still better life span than the stockers with a lot less rotating mass. i will end up with teknos im sure, But if traxxas releases them i will go with them

RC Qualifier
    i dout traxxas cvd are better than teknos.....
    ive been told 2 different release dates by traxxas....both have come and gone

Now here is a good question, would these work for the rears ? http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail...lm26515&cat=31

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    No, but I think FLM has a set for the 4x4 pede.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

Why not? im running 2wd shafts in the rear of my 4x4 right now perfectly, just being easy on them.

RC Champion
    FLM make's a set for the slash 4x4 already. They are thicker than he rusty rear set they make.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Competitor
    i got mip x dutys put on yesterday and I ran 1 3s lipo pack through it so far perfect eexcept now I stripped a hex adapter but I got the aluminium ones of those this morning to replace it. I put locktite on all the threads for the MIPs so I'm hoping they stay on forever. At least they didnt break in 5 minutes like the stock plastic ones.

RC Racer
    who is FLM? im looking

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by -volkinharley- View Post
    who is FLM? im looking
    Fast Lane Machine

killed several sets of stock shafts, bought mip Xheavy cvd's for the rear and venom cvds for the front. mip still works, after the purchased venoms failed first day out, the LHS gave me a new set of Venoms and one bent the other broke at the drive hex pin,(junk!) so now its mipxheavys on front and rear, and they handle the ccmmaxprosct2400 set on 4s very well for the last 18 full battery packs. In closing avoid venom cvds,, thumbs up to mip xheavycvds!

I have MIP X-DUTY's on my slash 4x4 geared 22/50 good for 70+ mph! They are solid, no problems and I have taken a beating! The Venom shafts are junk. Didn't last two runs.