RC poster

drive shaft help/suggestions.

I keep breaking my drive shafts at the knuckle. I am thinking about getting the venom drive shafts, but unsure about which one to get.

RC Racer
    Dont get the venom ones, they are to long. Try the stock slash 4x4 rear driveshafts, much stronger.

RC Champion
    MIP's and forget about driveshaft problem's forever!
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Qualifier
    What MIPS are best? What about the strc cvds?

RC Champion
    i would stay plastic for light weight and keep the telescoping feature- because IMO its much more proven and used without issue compared to the dogbone/spring/drive cup configuration
    Yes, I drive an electric converted Nitro Hawk.

RC Racer
    I use the rear slash 4x4 driveshafts as suggested by Federally in another forum and it has been holding up with no issues. I also use the Jato shock boots to keep help keep most of the dirt out to reduce binding (got that idea from one of the threads here. The slash 4x4 driveshafts are strong and way cheaper than the cvds.

RC Qualifier
    If you want to stay with a telescoping shaft but upgrade strength you could also go to the mip x duty shafts. Same concept as the traxxas sliders but made of carbon steel

Sent from my BlackBerry 8530 using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    http://www.teamstrc.com/index.php?ro...product_id=826

After putting a brushless Vel in one of the slashes I finally put a 3s lipo in it. Good God, this thing is sick, I put the Traxxas 2.8 wheels and PL Trenchers on it, did all the Traxxas caster blocks and carriers, RPM arms and Bulkheads, put some 45 in the shocks and changed the damping to single hole. Had to mod the body some to fit the tires it looks pretty cool. It didn't start to eat drive shafts till I upgraded the tires, I think the pair in the link are going to rock. This truck is fun again. It's hard to keep up with the Flux with a pair of 3s or the BB Revo but it will hold it's own with the 2 Picco Maxx's I have in Revos. Pretty impressive. The steering mod is nice too. I'll get some pics up.
    15 IS Enough, Time to thin down the fleet some.