RC Qualifier

Team rce lcg chassis

Just arrived and the quality is/was worth the wait over the other kits out there.

JESUS says: "Fix it B4 it Breaks!"

RC Racer
    Oh my! Can't wait for mine to arrive. :-)

RC Qualifier
    The first part of the build is done, next step will be the electronics.
    The build was pretty easy and went smoothly with all the parts fitting like they should.
    I chose to use a strap instead of the supplied carbon fiber batt tie-down since I ain't dealing with that every batt change at the track.
    I like the idea of possibly laying the servo down and will probably look into it after track time.

RC Qualifier
    nice where can find it to order?

RC Qualifier
    The link to an on-line retailer has been removed. Please review Rule 11 of the Traxxas On-Line Community Rules, which prohibits the posting of links to on-line retailers.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 10-14-2011 at 04:24 PM.

RC Racer
    Very nice indeed.
    When the LCG Chassis came out for the 2wd Slash , it was a game changer for the truck. It looks like this one will be even better!
    Won my first race in 1985...

RC Qualifier
    KindomRacer,

Can you get some close-up pics of the motor mount area? How do you adjust the gear mesh? Does it look like it will be a pain? I'm ready to buy, but having a hard time deciding between this and the SSC chassis.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by kazuaki View Post
    KindomRacer,

Can you get some close-up pics of the motor mount area? How do you adjust the gear mesh? Does it look like it will be a pain? I'm ready to buy, but having a hard time deciding between this and the SSC chassis.
    If you need any certain pics of the SSC chassis let me know.
    ***You Build It ...I'll Jump It!!!*** OS .18 TZ; Trinity Pipe; HCR Titanium Skid Plates & Bumpers; Futaba S9450 Throttle Servo; Airtronics 94358Z Steering Servo; RPM A-arms & Knuckles; FOC; Lunsford Titanium Hinge Pins,Turnbuckles, Push Rods & Rocker Posts; New Era Roll Bar & Engine Mount; Proline Mashers on Velocity Rims.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by kazuaki View Post
    KindomRacer,

If you are looking to race then the Team RCE kit is the only kit to get since it is way lighter.
    I have held the SSC kit in my hands and it is a lot heavier than the Team RCE kit, period.
    Now to answer your question about adjusting gear mesh, you adjust both the same way. There isn't really any difference.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by KingdomRacer View Post
    If you are looking to race then the Team RCE kit is the only kit to get since it is way lighter.
    I have held the SSC kit in my hands and it is a lot heavier than the Team RCE kit, period.
    Now to answer your question about adjusting gear mesh, you adjust both the same way. There isn't really any difference.
    You do reach a point where being too light causes a lack of traction. I recently got the SSCLCG and it is so much faster and handles so much better than the stock Slash. I don't think you can go wrong with either chassis. If I was racing indoors I'd get the RCE chassis, for off-road outdoor racing I'd get the SSCLCG chassis.

Last edited by airmaxx23; 08-06-2011 at 03:45 PM.
    ***You Build It ...I'll Jump It!!!*** OS .18 TZ; Trinity Pipe; HCR Titanium Skid Plates & Bumpers; Futaba S9450 Throttle Servo; Airtronics 94358Z Steering Servo; RPM A-arms & Knuckles; FOC; Lunsford Titanium Hinge Pins,Turnbuckles, Push Rods & Rocker Posts; New Era Roll Bar & Engine Mount; Proline Mashers on Velocity Rims.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    If the truck and chassis are correctly designed (proper weight distribution and component strength) it is not possible for it to be so light as to lose traction.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
    If the truck and chassis are correctly designed (proper weight distribution and component strength) it is not possible for it to be so light as to lose traction.
    +1
    When a car gets lighter you have to simply adjust your suspension all over again.
    Also, a tire compound change may be in order as well but a lighter car losing traction is simply not true.
    A heavier car is easy to drive and is probably safer for newbs to race with.

RC Qualifier
    So all stock parts will bolt up to this? IE: controll arms diffs etc?
    Slash 4x4 ultimate MMM 2650

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rjames View Post
    So all stock parts will bolt up to this? IE: controll arms diffs etc?
    Yep it does

RC Enthusiast
    Looking great guys!

RC Qualifier
    KingdonRacer,

Any details on the battery strap? Where can it be purchaeed and how did you mount it? Thanks

RC Qualifier
    It is an old GorillaMaxx strap from a G3R and it is mounted with their hardware.
    I bought some before they went out of business for future projects and G3R spares of course.

RC poster
    What battery strap are you using? I would like to copy what you did.

RC Enthusiast
    There is a mere 133gram difference between the RCE and SSC kits (reported by a common supporter of both).
    The SSC kit is a mere 4-5oz over stock weight and still between a Durango and AE (and I never heard a Durango owner claim the AE is "SO" much heavier even with a near 10oz difference there).
    I don't mean to sound defensive but these weight claims are as mute as any magnesium issue claims.

Eitherway, they both come with MANY advantages over stock and compeitors' trucks so hopefully we'll see the Slash 4x4 (with whatever lcg kit) hogging the podium soon!

RC Enthusiast
    Hello Mark. I have not weighed your chassis, however if i take your 133 gram difference that is about 1/4 of a pound. Or 3/4 of the weight of a standard 2s battery.

RC poster
    WOW if 133g is 3/4 the weight of a standard 2s lipo, I want to know what kind of packs you are running. Most 2s packs weigh 299g to 399g. Interesting.

RC Enthusiast
    Hi Jason. A standard 2s battery (IP, Venom, *******, GenAce...) weighs 9.5-11oz. 133g or 4.6oz is less than 1/2 the weight of a standard 2s battery. Or less than 5% of total running weight. The forums are the only place I see folks discussing the SSC as "heavy". On-track, prof. racers and industry insiders are usually asking if and how much weight can be added. Never seen a sidewinder 3800 combo last >3months of hard abuse outpulling/jumping any other combo I've stacked it against, in a 'heavy' truck so I'm not sure what you're claiming here?

RC Enthusiast
    Hello Mark, people are just discussing the weight difference. I an not claiming anything. Just puting things into perspective. This is a 3300 battery. I usually dont use more then 1800mah in a 5 minute race.

Last edited by TRCE; 10-18-2011 at 04:09 PM.

RC Competitor
    Look @ the F1 cars those guys try & shave weight wherever they can even their engine blocks are carbon fiber with aluminum honeycomb & an extremely light steel cylinder sleeve. They use traction control in the corners but you get a nice esc & do some good programming and right suspension set up & it should b perfect. Also from the videos I've seen if you can clear jumps further & not have to hit every one you will have a definate advantage, the ability to run lighter springs also could have an advantage as well. Just some food for thought there. But both kits look very nice & well made.

Just my $.02

RC Qualifier
    i wish traxxas would make a lcg chassis then we wouldnt have to get it somewhere else. i hope that they will make a 1/8 buggy . i get that the slash is for a broadband of use. only wish they made it. but a slash 2.0 would be nice to.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ultran8 View Post
    i wish traxxas would make a lcg chassis then we wouldnt have to get it somewhere else. i hope that they will make a 1/8 buggy . i get that the slash is for a broadband of use. only wish they made it. but a slash 2.0 would be nice to.
    I do too. But at least for now, people on a a budget can get this LCG chassis http://www.ebay.com/itm/SLICE-4X-fib...ht_1257wt_1184
    Brushless Summit!!!!!
    Slash 4x4

I ordered one of these a couple of days ago. Are you mounting the battery strap with hardware that came with the kit or with something you already had? Also, is there another velcro battery strap setup that you would recommend since yours is discontinued? thanks
    X-Maxx Max6 | EB48.3 | ET48.3 | Axial Grave Digger

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by zanek View Post
    I do too. But at least for now, people on a a budget can get this LCG chassis http://www.ebay.com/itm/SLICE-4X-fib...ht_1257wt_1184
    Order my on 12/31/11 can't wait to start the build. I also order a 5300/50c lipo and 2 Losi battery straps. This should work out fine.
    4x4 Slash 5.5 Big Block