RC Racer

Unhappy Upgraded Slash to MMP and 3800kv 4 pole motor and seems really slow...any suggestions

I just recently rebuilt my slash to mmp, 3800kv 4 pole castle motor. I ran it for the first time yesterday and it just seems really slow on 2s ******* 5000mah 25C lipo. Has anyone had this issue with this esc motor combo?

Here's more info on my setup:
    ESC: MMP
    Motor: 3800kv 4 pole
    Tranny: FLM diff with 100k
    Spur: RR 56t 32 pitch
    Pinion: 5mm (with reducer sleave) 15t

Not sure if I need to use lighter diff oil. Just want to see if there were other suggestions before I take the tranny apart and change the diff oil (probably 50k).

RC Qualifier
    2s doesn't do much for speed I bet if you throw a 3s in it it will fly.

RC Qualifier
    From Castle's website, you should be able to gear it higher because its a 4 pole.
    I Wanna Go Fast!

RC Champion
    ksoul... you have to gear up quite a bit from where you are running now.. Mine is stock gear size.. I started out with 18/86 and wound up running 26/83... still has enough punch to wheelie on demand and will occasionally wind up on its lid.. Top end last radar runs where 40-42 depending on battery charge.. very respectable for 2S.. when I run the slash againts my Mamba Rustler I will run a 28 or 30 tooth pinion.. doesn't wheelie as much but running in the mid 40's... I wasn't happy with the setup at first either and was surprised how slow it was.. gearing made all the difference..
    Maxx3.3/ rusty5700/ slash3800/ slash5700 /4tec3.3

RC Racer
    I tried updating the mmp with latest firmware and tried calibrating it on 2 of my transmitters and no luck in calibration ( I was able to calibrate the transmitters on my other 2 sidewinder sct escs). The thing was still slow, so I put in the calibrated sidewinder sct and finally I got a taste of the torque and speed of the new motor (was able to pull a wheelie when I gun it from a dead stop). So going to contact castle to see what the issue is with the mmp esc.

RC Qualifier
    Castle's customer service is really good, so they should get it straightened out. Please update when the riddle is solved. I was thinking of going the MM Pro route myself.
    I Wanna Go Fast!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    what settings do you have on the esc, Im running that motor with a sidewinder on my rusty 76/31 on 2s and it is pretty fast.

RC Racer
    I played around with adjusting everything to just go all out when I gun it with the mmp, but it was still the same even with default settings...so I think it maybe something with the mmp esc. When I put the sidewinder sct in with default settings and calibrated to my futaba 3pl it ran great and fast with 15t pinion and 56t spur (.8 mod) and I was impressed. With the mmp in there it was like a brushed system. I sent an email to castle and waiting to hear back from them. I will update when get more info.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    double check on the esc settings, that you have selected brushless motor.

RC Racer
    Yep, did that and still no soup.

RC Champion
    Can't help you on this one.. Unless you have the punch settings too high or the Torque limiting on... Those were really effecting my speed till I turned them off.. I don't remember what the default settings are for the MMP.. I use a laptop to set mine up.. I have 3 now and another on the way for another project..
    Maxx3.3/ rusty5700/ slash3800/ slash5700 /4tec3.3