Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    RC poster

1/16 scale motor and esc help please

does anyone know of any 1/16 scale brushless motor and esc combos besides the VXL system
    thanks

RC Champion
    You could check out the 2030 motors and a SW ESC. I bought a SW SCT for $45. With a Tacon 2030 the combo would cost just around $60 shipped.
    Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

RC Racer
    I think a 2030 motor is 1/18th scale and will be way under powered for the Rally. The Stock VLX motor for all the 1/16 Traxxas cars are 380 cans, or 2848. If you do some searching you can find tons of options. Got2gorc.com has a complete Motor/Esc combo for $120.

RC poster
    found a novak system mongoose micro brushless system(motor and esc) 99 bucks comes in three different sizes 8.5 9000kv 1.5 7300kv 13.5 6000kv

has anybody used this system

also have been thinking about the D3 mini monster by team epic

what esc could i use with this
    Last edited by cooleocool; 08-10-2011 at 09:25 PM. Reason: merge

Just keep in mind any system designed for anything less than a 1:16 scale RC will not power Traxxas 1:16 very well at all. Even 1:16 scale power systems are pushed near their max; hence the upgrade to 1:10 scale power systems.... it is not just power, but the lack of heat generation that attracts people to the larger power system.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    Just keep in mind any system designed for anything less than a 1:16 scale RC will not power Traxxas 1:16 very well at all. Even 1:16 scale power systems are pushed near their max; hence the upgrade to 1:10 scale power systems.... it is not just power, but the lack of heat generation that attracts people to the larger power system.
    Exactly correct. If a motor or an ESC says "Mini" or "Micro" on it, I would stay away from it. "Mini" or "Micro" ESCs and motors are made more for 1/18 scale R/C cars and trucks. 1/16 is a whole different level...