RC Racer

what to do with $700 Hmmm......

gettig a bonus coming soon $ 700 to use on my mistress. she's fairly built already. dewalt 14.4 mudslingers single 300 oz. metal servo
    anyone have any good ideas ... oh man and if my pe4de sells i'll have an even grand keeping my fingers crossed. im leaning toward another summit or the the new uhh rock racer (another maker)

RC Qualifier
    Send it to me, I'll buy some stuff do a full test and report back.

Really though, how is your battery/charger situation? Maybe a brushless system.

The other "rock racer" looks sweet too, it will for sure put a dent in your pocket.

RC Qualifier
    A really nice radio, rear steering, a few more bodies to choose from, a set of rock crushers, mp3 player and speakers, nice on board cam setup, rocklights, more lights, cyclone 40 series aluminum beadlocks, a custom build with a solid rear axle?... Just a few options I toss around in my head from time to time..

Quote Originally Posted by markman View Post
    A really nice radio, rear steering, a few more bodies to choose from, a set of rock crushers, mp3 player and speakers, nice on board cam setup, rocklights, more lights, cyclone 40 series aluminum beadlocks, a custom build with a solid rear axle?... Just a few options I toss around in my head from time to time..
    Indeed if money were no object.......Oh man that could get way outa hand...LOL.A cheaper brushless setup waterproofed that way if it goes poof doesn't hurt nearly as bad as watching a $350 tekin send smoke signals to it's maker.
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

You can plow thru most of it on a BL system, Lipo batts, a good Lipo charger, & tires. Then you have a truck that can just about do it all...
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Racer
    yall are awesome keep it going

RC Racer
    R1 or wr8th plus mods ? uuuuuhhhh....

RC Qualifier
    Wraith over R1. Aftermarket support will be much better.

RC Qualifier
    I'm a dare to be different kind of guy, R1 all day long!

RC Racer
    that r1 one looks COOL and i saw a video of an R1 as an FOFF with paddle tires and brushless hold on ill be back in a while with a link

RC Qualifier
    I would have to agree the R1's do look sweet. Parts are more readily available for the wraith plus all the aftermarket companies are starting to make parts for it too. But I think that we are on the line about discussing non-traxxas related trucks, so I'll leave it at that.

Have you that about another traxxas vehicle: mini-summit or revo, a nitro revo, or even the spartan.

RC Racer
    your right thanks for that . no offence folks . But yes i have .....another summit and try and go Foff syle.. or totally making the one i have as strong as can be.
    markman can you explain more about a solid rear axle. i really like you other builds
    jamann im leary of brushless system. though i keep seeing ways to waterproof but still this dewalt seems good
    thanks for the input yall. i little of alll that you guys say will be the narly ride. I'm trying ti picture it now.

RC Racer
    i have a Pe4de i have it for sale now ive had around 5 months and its sat for the past 2 thats why im selling it. i beeive im more into the trail truck style................i wonder could the Pe4de transform into killer crawler rock racer? i may check that out. hhhmmmmbe back later

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by -volkinharley- View Post
    markman can you explain more about a solid rear axle. .
    I've never been a big fan of the rear squat on the summit so a solid rear axle would take that away. Not too sure what axle would work for the width. Most super class crawlers are motor on axle so thats not an option for the summit. Heres some ideas to get your gears turning though..

I honestly would love to do a build like this someday but there are so many factors to be addressed with the stock summit pan and suspension and axle choice and on and on.

RC Qualifier
    Check out rccrawler.com, more specificaly the 2.2 scale section. There guys building rigs like these all over there. Most are using 4x4 slash front ends and axial rear axle. I saw one guy put a summit diff with the slash arms in the front so he could lock/unlock the diff. Most guys use the summit tranny for the two speed with brushless systems. They are sick builds. Here's a couple of links to them. There's a lot more, some of these guys have some serious skill.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=254222
    http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showt...light=dorkstar
    http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showt...&highlight=dmg
    http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showt...&highlight=dmg

RC Racer
    b@3 and markman yall have my head spinnin but i got a grin. my first total creation wow im gettin it. thanks for the vids and pics those are awesome

RC Qualifier
    What did you decide? Looks like you bought used summit through the market place.

RC Racer
    yes could not beat the price and looked i good shape with dewalt set up and lipos and mudslingers.... heckk i say the only thing better than owning A summit is owning two.hahahaha plus the well known support and i have tons of parts already.plus when i started seeing the sizes of the other rigs,they are much smaller. my driving habbits would have to be tuned down from what i put the summit thru. then the summit just popped up and it all just came together.im undecided on how i want this one but i know what to do first. if the Pe4de sells( it was at the LHS to try and sell it and while it was there some one stole the esc,motor andmotor plate off it so the lady running the lhs gave me a new mm sct to replace it. very nice 9of her) then i may still go for the waith ,yes for after support and parts.

RC Champion
    If you're itching to spend the money, you could go buy FPV gear to drive your truck like you're in the driver's seat. I actually put up a new body for sale in the market place that would get someone started easily. I just don't have the time to finish that one so would rather see it used by someone else.

RC Racer
    I can understand the effect and ive watched a few vids on the fpv, but that just doesnt seem for me. but with half the money i bought a slightly used summit with a few mods that i likes that should be here tomorrow.
    another summit build i cant wait. thanks chevyman08.
    i'm learning this tube bending fairly well(not really But....),and, i got a small mig welder and getting used to it yes really that thing is the cest. brazing is fun but this welder is fast . ill post pics as i go

Pic are good I have been playing with wire...That doesn't sound right.....anyways playing around with different shapes can't find one that sticks yet..but it will come.looking forward to seeing what you come up with next...next you will be custom making them and selling them...never know
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    Keep at it boys! You'd be suprised how simple it is to mimic something like that bronco above!

RC Racer
    markman is way way good at bending. it is fun they are like tatoos once you get one you gotta get another ....summit and rollcages. they didnt have rc like this when i was a kidd.. this hoby is nuts so many different directions you can go.
    this one is bbaaadddd a work of art also http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showt...&highlight=dmg