RC poster

Slash 2WD Street Tire Recommendations

Hi,

I just picked up my first Slash this weekend and would like to run it on pavement. My son has Anaconda's on his Rustler and we like them. Are their Anaconda's for the Slash? I can't seem to find information on them. I would like rims and tires.

I am open to any suggestions on other street tires. Just getting into the hobby and would like to keep the budget low.

Thanks.

RC poster
    Was doing some reading and it sounds like a lot of people like the stock tires for pavement. I may just stick with those for now.

RC Champion
    The stock tires are soft so they perform well on pavement -but thy are torn up quick
    The anacondas your son has for the rustler work on the slash too
    Yes, I drive an electric converted Nitro Hawk.

RC Champion
    If you are running a brushed motor then the stock tires will be fine for a while.. If you are running a brushless motor, they won't last (a couple of packs at best). The Anaconda's work very well, but they will wear out as well... I've converted my slash to 1/8th buggy tires running slicks.. couldn't be happier.. they last forever, have excellent traction and handle well.. They look a bit odd on the slash, but thats the only drawback I can come up with... They are also cheaper than the truck tires..
    Maxx3.3/ rusty5700/ slash3800/ slash5700 /4tec3.3

RC Qualifier
    the anacondas work very well on a slash and the wear is not bad . hey nothing last forever

RC Qualifier
    i have anacondas on my slash they work great i got the rims and tires seperate and taped the inside of the tires nno balloning

RC Qualifier
    what about proline street fighter sc?
    SSC SLASH 4X4 (Long gone...)
    Slash 4x4 PE LCG

RC Enthusiast
    Have the proline street fighters myself and I don't think I would choose another set for pavement then these. They just seem to stick to the pavement and handling is exceptional
    Mike Jenkins 5803 Slash

RC poster
    Thanks for the recommendations. I really like the look of the street fighters. I may pick those up if the price is right. I see a set of two here: http://prolineracing.com/tires/stree...-medium-tires/.

RC poster
    Ok, I would like 4 of these mounted tires, but the page says, at the bottom, that they are only for the rear of the Slash. I can't find mounted for the front. Am I missing something?

http://prolineracing.com/tires/stree...-black-wheels/

RC poster
    You should be fine with just 2 sets of rear tires, if you run a two wheel drive slash then you should be fine with that. Because there is no power to the front tires only to the rear then they shouldn't ever strip the hex.

RC Racer
    I've been debating on getting a pair of street tires for my slash, I do have a concern though.
    If I got street tires, I imagine they get better traction and as a result if I'm not careful on the throttle (and what fun is that?) I'll be applying more strain on my drive line right? Has anybody had bad consequences from running street tires on the street?

My philosophy from driving a high powered VW bug was, better to break the tires loose than break axles. Am I better off running the stock tires on street? Thanks guys, Billy I know you'll chime in, thanks Billy!

RC poster
    I got a 2wd slash vxl last week and put a lipo battery and 30 tooth pinion gear in and my rear tires are toast. So if anyone has any other tire recomendations that would be great. I am mainly on the pavement as well.

PM me if you want to bash near Grass Valley, CA
    I love Pro-Line tires but for pavement, I prefer the JConcepts G-Locs. I like the 2.8" better than the SC size.

JConcepts G-Locs 2.8" diameter: 3.8" / width: 2"
    JConcepts G-Locs SC (2.2"/3.0") diameter: 3.8" / width: 1.8"

The tiny extra bit of width and the low sidewall make the 2.8" mo bettah.

Just my two cents.
    Obstacle Magnet

RC Enthusiast
    Just found this thread, I was considering putting a set of street tires on my Slash. Don't do a ton of off road driving. Would a parking lot with a little loose gravel be considered off road? Would that wear street tires quicker than the stock ones? Don't have a ton of miles on the stock tires but am enjoying seeing all the customization that can be done with this truck

RC Racer

Slash 2WD Street Tire Recommendations

Both myself and my grandson have these and he is hard on his and still has decent tread left on his stock tires. Our street is not quite paved but covered in a tar and chip mixture which is fairly rough. Stock tires get my vote.

Please watch the *s in your posts. They are not allowed. Thanks! -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 07-04-2019 at 05:59 AM.

RC poster
    I agree , My favorite on road tire is the G-Lock
    IMO they corner better than the Street Fighters
    On my rig.

RC Racer
    Take a look at the Duratrax Bandito MT or if they have an SC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Where live our road is not quite paved but rather covered in what they call tar and chip so its like a very coarse asphalt. Me and my grandson run ours up and down on the stock tires and they hold up very well. Hes more reckless than me you could say, but his tires still have decent tread on them.

For hard but rough surfaces I like DuraTrax Picket SC or ST depending on body clearance. For hard smooth surfaces I like the DuraTrax Bandito SC or ST also depending on body clearance.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranch Ranger View Post
    Both myself and my grandson have these and he is hard on his and still has decent tread left on his stock tires. Our street is not quite paved but covered in a tar and chip mixture which is fairly rough. Stock tires get my vote.

Please watch the *s in your posts. They are not allowed. Thanks! -ksb51rl
    What does the *s mean? Thanks so I know what I did for next time.

Traxxas Marshal
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranch Ranger View Post
    What does the *s mean? Thanks so I know what I did for next time.
    Words that are blocked by the language filter get starred out with *s. If you see a word that has been starred out, you need to edit it out of your post.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by cooleocool View Post
    Words that are blocked by the language filter get starred out with *s. If you see a word that has been starred out, you need to edit it out of your post.
    Thats the thing. don't remember seeing any words like that when I posted. No big deal, was just wondering.