Thread: arm extensions?

RC Racer

arm extensions?

anybody using these?
    Suspension Arm Extension Kit by Kershaw Designs
    seems that u wouldn't have to wory bout the shortaxle any morend alost 2" t the with
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 09-29-2011 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Link to online retailer removed per Community Rule #11

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I cant see how that could survive bashing... it would probably fine for crawling but to me the summit is more than wide enough for anywhere I run. Id be worried those things would put extra stress on the arms where they screw in and would eventually break. But, who knows.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Ditto, probably fine for lightduty use but I imagine they would just end up warping the end of the a-arms where they screw in.
    If you want a wider track width, I'd be looking for offset rims instead..
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

I have been looking off & on for a rim with alot of offset, more than the Geode's.(1.500?).. Haven't found anything yet..
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    There are a few about, but it depends heavily on the size of the rim- the old Stablemaxx rims would be great but they only suit the old 3.2" tires if I'm not mistaken, otherwise there are a few alloy rims about that have pretty much full offset, might be worth hitting up google and newera, they take some finding though ( usually by accident and then you'll never find them again, such is the way of things.... ).
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

RC Racer
    usually by accident and then you'll never find them again, such is the way of things.... ).
    aint that the truth

RC Qualifier
    i would look at integys 18mm offset wheel hubs. I am running those and they make the truck wider without sacrificing or damaging A arms. They also take the wheel wobble out completely!
    Revenge 1/8 buggy